Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Demanding that your neighbors subsidize the fantasy that you should be able to permanently inhabit a non-management job in QSR and still live a middle-class lifestyle isn't as popular an idea as you might imagine, and that is all the intentionally-unquantifiable "living wage" means.
    A job should pay enough to afford the basic living necessities at the very least, right? Food, water, a roof above your head with electricity(since food does need a refrigerator), and travel to said job as a few examples. That is what a living wage has always meant in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This isn't true. If they were on opposite sides, how exactly was Bernie running as a democrat? Nader had similar relationship with democrats, which caused him to run as an independent.

Further more... 4 times? How about this... when was the last time a Republican won the popular vote, without being a member of the previous executive branch? 1980... I was a one year old in Kiev...

The issue isn't democrats ability to get a majority of American voter support. They have done it all, but 1 time since Bush sr... that's democrats winning the popular vote 6 out of last 7 presidential elections. The issue should obviously not be the message, because that seems to get enough popular support. The issue is being better at the establishment vote. Democrats need to change from appealing to American people, to appealing to specific Americans that would garner enough electoral votes to win. Because if all they needed was to have majority of American voter support, there would have been no Bush or Trump.
    Republicans have control of the government both at the state and local level, winning the popular vote doesn't count for anything. The democratic party has lost it's way and it's been going on for a long time, pro war, ACA instead of single payer the list goes on. It is way past time the democratic party goes back to its root that is the key to winning races. The democratic party has stopped being the populist party and has become the moderate party. They can't just be anti Trump they need their old message back.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2017-06-21 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just read that the democrats outspent the repubs 6 to 1 in this contest.

Dems, you need a new strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

Tbf its a solid red district.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Tbf its a solid red district.
    It is, and that's what makes me question why dems pumped so much money and effort into this election.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is, and that's what makes me question why dems pumped so much money and effort into this election.
    Perez, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    I suspect it is because Dems feel they need a "win", something to show to their increasingly angry base.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Because Trump only won the district by a couple points.

Tom Price, however, won it by over twenty points in November. In hindsight, I think Georgia's sixth doesn't care for Trump that much, but they do still really like Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Hillary is a pure neo-lib which was shown during Obamas time.
    how do you figure? she held elected office for a year? with Obama as president.

- - - Updated - - -

news flash thats the current norm for poltics, a challenger generally has to outspend. Also pacs will be pacs

To sow discord?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    how do you figure? she held elected office for a year? with Obama as president.
    Her ideological presentation was distinctly attempting to paint herself as "Non-Ideological" which is schtick Democrats have been trying to do since forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    you do realize how much advertisements affect races these days right? Dems out spent republicans 6-1 and still lost.The dems are clueless. Blue Wave of 2018 aint happening, theyre all insane and stuck in this echo chamber or rejects. CNN literally argues all day even though they agree with each other. Lmao. MORONS.
    It does? I thought Hillary outspent Trump. Well she still won the popular vote... but still. Money affecting the outcome nearly to the degree that you're claiming has been proven false. Deep red districts had tight races. People are pissed off at the Trump administration and the Republicans who support him, that's the truth. Don't like it? Tough shit. 2018 is going to be a fun year. If deep red districts are having neck and neck races, just imagine all those swing districts that Republicans only just barely won in 2016.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Her ideological presentation was distinctly attempting to paint herself as "Non-Ideological" which is schtick Democrats have been trying to do since forever.
    got any more substance other then a small word salad? Other then the gop witch hunt on benghazi and emails! she really didn't get campaign political during her time as Sec of state

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Republicans have control of the government both at the state and local level, winning the popular vote doesn't count for anything.
    No, it counts exactly as far as I said. It shows that their problem isn't getting popular support, but gaining that support strategically. The fact that RNC have state and district control, highlights that point, not detract from it. You can come up with any ideological point you like, but the election numbers show DNC having no problems getting Americans to vote for them, when the strategy should focus only on those Americans that will get you wins.

The democratic party has lost it's way and it's been going on for a long time, pro war, ACA instead of single payer the list goes on. It is way past time the democratic party goes back to its root that is the key to winning races. The democratic party has stopped being the populist party and has become the moderate party. They can't just be anti Trump they need their old message back.
    See... you just said the popular vote doesn't count for anything, then claim they need more populist party. How can they be more populist, when they have no trouble winning the popular vote? That doesn't doesn't make any sense. As Trump and RNC is showing, the key isn't just populist vote, but strategic support. No one gives a shit that Hillary won by 3 million votes, what matters is she was 43 short of 270. Why does populist mater again? As you quoted me saying, RNC has only won 1 popular vote since the 80s... populist isn't a winning strategy... populist strategy as Trump did in individual states, works... actual populist on the scale of the whole country does not.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Republicans have control of the government both at the state and local level, winning the popular vote doesn't count for anything. The democratic party has lost it's way and it's been going on for a long time, pro war, ACA instead of single payer the list goes on. It is way past time the democratic party goes back to its root that is the key to winning races. The democratic party has stopped being the populist party and has become the moderate party. They can't just be anti Trump they need their old message back.
    who's pro war? ACA the dems wanted single payer but it wouldn't pass so the *gasp* compromised. But I do agree, Hillary did a horrible job of spreading her message during the campaign and only reacted to the newest ridiculous thing Trump did.

who's pro war? ACA the dems wanted single payer but it wouldn't pass so the *gasp* compromised. But I do agree, Hillary did a horrible job of spreading her message during the campaign and only reacted to the newest ridiculous thing Trump did.
    They compromised with themselves, the blue dogs who ended up losing seats anyway are one of the reasons we did not get single payer. Democrats failed when it came to single payer, wall street reform and accountability. We would not be in the pickle we are in today if when they had full control they located their spine.

Democratic foreign policy has been more hawkish for a while now, Trump in a lot of ways sounded more democrat than republican.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2017-06-21 at 05:33 PM.

As a registered Independent not from that state.

Let me ask this, what was his platform? Was he a business-as-usual Democrat or was he actually pushing to fix stuff? Because overall, the Democrats have turned their backs on what a huge portion of their base wants and actively refuse to offer them anything to actually get them out and vote other than chanting "We are not as bad as they are" and while that is true overall, getting someone out to vote FOR you is a lot more effective than trying to get someone to come out and vote AGAINST the other guy.

Why would someone want to go out and vote Democrat if that is just going to give them a left leaning Republican?

Edit: And how many of these seats nationally are lost due to gerrymandering of their districts? Since 2010, the seats are setup to screw the will of the voters in many of them? I say this as a resident of North Carolina.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

They compromised with themselves, the blue dogs who ended up losing seats anyway are one of the reasons we did not get single payer. Democrats failed when it came to single payer, wall street reform and accountability. We would not be in the pickle we are in today if when they had full control they located their spine.

Democratic foreign policy has been more hawkish for a while now, Trump in a lot of ways sounded more democrat than republican.
    The ACA had more then 170 amendments from the GOP and for hawkish? really remember that "red line" if Obama and the dems where hawkish they would of done more then political pressure to get chemical weapons to be turned over, sure drones use was increased for its pros/cons, but for the most part Obama activily avoided putting more troops in harms way, thats not very "hawk" like. Furthermore unlike the GOP, nearly the same amount of dems polled have the same stance of military action in Syria under Obama and Trump's recent "for show" attack on the Syrian airfield.

But sure I'll play. What actions, legislation, ect makes you believe the Dems are more "hawkish" then the gop?

The ACA had more then 170 amendments from the GOP
    And when it was clear they would zero republican votes for it they kept them and didn't change course that's not even going into the fact that the ACA is a modified republican plan.

But sure I'll play. What actions, legislation, ect makes you believe the Dems are more "hawkish" then the gop?
    Democrats have become more hawkish but not more than the GOP, to combat the narrative that democrats are weak on foreign policy many faux pas have been made. From past actions in the middle east to Clinton's stance on foreign policy but Obama was not a hawk I will give you that much even though members of his cabinet were.

Na its still a win.
    You're talking with a poster that doesnt get the concept of nuance.
    It was a win, nevertheless. The dems must movilize their forces and focus on demovilizing the repubs
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker