View Poll Results: Do you think ToS was underwhelming/undertuned?

Voters
458. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

76 16.59%
  • No.

305 66.59%
  • Haven't done it/undecided.

86 18.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    dats funny because thats not me. I server transferred.
    Cool story. The funny thing is that there's also a YouTube video on that thread with your character. Kind of hard to refute.

Actually here's the funnier thing.. I didn't even look closely enough at his armory page. According to armory, he hasn't entered Tomb yet at all.

5+ Year Old Account

I full cleared it on normal with a 900~ ilvl pug
    This kinda answers the issue you seem to be trying to discuss. I'm sure there where plenty of 900-910 ilv raiders in a raid tuned for 890ilvl. Another problem with that titan forging brings to the table.

Deleted
    Why is it that in WoW, good raid-tier design is measured in difficulty. Even on the easier modes?

I could understand the tears if it's mythic... but why normal, or even heroic. Normal doesn't even drop loot for most people unless it's war/titanforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer8585 View Post
    Mythic raider smashes normal mode, news at 11.
    My thoughts exactly.

In any case, it seems like the majority of people disagree with your assessment, Funky. Normal is easy, yes, and it's supposed to be. Heroic drops 915 gear, and top guilds are above 915 ilvl because of how high ilvl legendaries and titanforged items have gotten.

If anything, I'd say the thing to complain is not that Tomb is too easy, but rather that there are too many ways to get overpowered gear aside from the current raid tier.

i cleared all but the last 2 on normal last night with my main group, and i feel its on par for where it should be. This group goes in with no strats and just pulls and works it out on the fly which i love doing. One more pull and we would be KJ but eh. We do over gear normal as HC NH was on farm and some mythic bosses for kicks (HC is the goal of the grp).

In contrast another grp i try to run with on an alt will struggle in ToS, esp a few bosses (sisters and maiden are my guesses). I actually laughed at the thought of some of them doing the "dance" and swaps for fel / light .... /sigh. But they are good people and i'll do my best to help them get through normal, for real when they finally got normal NH cleared they were as excited as progression groups going for mythic gul'dan.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...hondrius/Funky

That seems like you. 6/9N.

Proof: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post46113978
    Video linked by you in the past week asking for DPS tips. Also with you in similar ILVL and same legendaries.
    You are currently 6/9 Normal.

Stop complaining about how easy this is when you haven't even cleared normal and you are asking for DPS tips lol.

Also, most people said the exact same thing about NH normal/heroic and then proceeded to do over 200 attempts on Krosus, Star augur, Elisande, and Gul'dan on mythic. So I wouldn't call it faceroll.

-edit- : Dude you haven't even cleared heroic NH you are 5/10 and 0/10 Mythic stop trolling please.
    Last edited by Zazey; 2017-06-21 at 06:40 PM.

I think its more believable you were just caught in a lie than it is that you left..

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...hondrius/funky

Soooo yea there is that,
    Last edited by Moozart; 2017-06-21 at 06:39 PM.

This OP is a troll. My guild cleared normal yesterday. I have to stay I do not plan on stepping in there in pugs on my alts for a while. Quite a few of the fights take too much coordination for normal pug standards (essentially requiring voice comms which I loathe in LFG pugs).

There's something funny about most people assuming that the OP is a mythic raider when he couldn't clear Heroic NH.

His next reply will be "oh it wasn't on that character"

Maiden and fallen avatar are really fun. The rest of the raid fucking blows. I'm so ready to let my subscription lapse if mythic is the same level of poop that heroic has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    His next reply will be "oh it wasn't on that character"
    It would have to be "Oh it was on a COMPLETELY different Bnet with a different Email and name on account". because even if he has 10 copies of WoW achieves share across all accounts on Bnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    It would have to be "Oh it was on a COMPLETELY different Bnet with a different Email and name on account". because even if he has 10 copies of WoW achieves share across all accounts on Bnet.
    Nah, he's likely done replying for now. Trolls really should scrub their own history before trolling.

The bosses that are there, as ideas of epic fights, are disappointing. More than half of them are reused models with reused mechanics, and none of them except for the Avatar and Kil'jaeden have any relevance to the overarching story whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    Nah, he's likely done replying for now. Trolls really should scrub their own history before trolling.
    yep, seems to have exited the conversation now.....

In all honesty I think Mistress, KJ, Fallen Avatar, and Desolate host were the 4 fight's that stood out to me as being "Fun".

In terms of what will be difficult on mythic? I can SAFELY say that the amount of shit that happens in Mistress heroic and adding the extra stuff that will happen on mythic will make this a wall. Sisters will be a complete pain in the ass with glaives. Maiden will DESTROY guilds who have even a single player that isn't up to snuff, as you need to soak every single orb during transition and one person chaining bombs will wipe the raid (remember thaddius 40 man progression anyone?). KJ will be SIGNIFICANTLY harder, even right now there isn't much going on in air phase, but in Mythic it's going to be a cluster-fuck. Desolate host will also most likely be a roadblock for less skilled guilds, and Avatar is going to be a DPS check on a scale the size of Heroic rag 3 meteor pre-nerf (I CAN FEEL THIS).

Overall Kill order for mythic I feel will be this : Goroth > inquisition > harjitan > sisters > desolate host > Mistress > Maiden > Avatar > KJ

You out geared and did normal, you should easily be able to do that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I want everyone's honest opinion...

Who else is kinda disappointed with Tomb so far?

I full cleared it on normal with a 900~ ilvl pug, we one or two shot every boss and heroic has already been cleared...?

Normal mode was seriously way too forgiving and easy.

Mythic should take about a month or two and then am I supposed to grind mythic for a year and a half until the next content drop?

I don't want to be a debby downer and I'm not flaming Blizzard because the instance itself is very beautiful but you're kidding yourself if you think that dungeon is going to be fun for more than 5-6 months..

Thoughts?

*****Okay so I remit the part about this being the last raid until next xpac, but I still think the mechanics in the fights themselves are extremely underwhelming, lets keep it civil - please don't flame me I'm just trying to start a conversation*****
    Most cleared NH on normal the fist night as well. Heroic adds something new and is a bit tougher. The real deal will be to see how hard mythic is next week. With all of the tears Mythic NH caused I wonder how hard mythic Tomb will be.

What exactly is the minimal ilvl you should be for tomb? would 887 cut it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran it with a few friends on normal, took us a while but we got 'em. Had a blast to be honest. Can't wait to tackle it on HC/Mythic.
    Honestly, in my opinion ToS is a great raid, though Blizzard seems to have a boner for "NUKE THIS SHIELD" mechanic