Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevine1 View Post
    I have an 8320 in one of my computers that I use when my wife is using my main rig for work. I have 8320 OC to 4.1 on custom water loop, r9 390, 16gb ram, and wow and os on SSD. I can run in Dalran on "7" setting and still get at least 50fps and never drop below 120 fps in mythic raid. But I am running 1920x1080p at 144hrz. So it seems the 2560 is what is killing you, or that you do not have the cpu over clocked since wow is such an cpu intensive game. My ryzen 1700x build runs 2560 no problem but I could not run that on my 8320. If possible I would try to get a aio liquid cooler and over clock some because the FX series can oc like crazy and it will help some. But for wow I have found 4.0-4.1 is the best clock to be at as higher it does help FPS as much as the heat that is generated.
    BS. Prove it or shut it. Not even possible on today's hardware. Top end machines struggle to maintain 60, even at preset 7. Quit lying.

Deleted
    Hello everybody and thank you very much for your suggestions.

I will definitively get a new cooler, probably a liquid cooler.

I also checked my power settings on Win10, changed them to "High performance" and turned off all options that could lower the performance.

Right now I only have two questions left:

Would it help to deactivate all cores besides one or two cores in the BIOS?
    Because my BIOS has this option. I can set it to one core, two cores, four or eight cores.

Since all my problems obviously come from my CPU, is there any cheap solution for me? Like just change the CPU?
    My mainboard supports AM3+ sockets. Could I just solve all problems if I buy myself an "FX-4300" CPU?
    It has 4 cores (instead of 8) and 3800MHz (instead of 3500MHz).
    This CPU only costs about €54,- / $60,- in my country, so its not a big deal at all.

Would this new CPU (FX-4300) combined with a non-stock cooler solve the problems I have right now? Or even improve my FPS noticeable?
    Because it really is cancerous to play with such little FPS on so many situations.
    Or is there probably an other CPU I could by for my system?

A change to Intel would cost me something around 300-400 bucks, which is not worth it for me right now.

Thanks in advance again.

Quote Originally Posted by Akilo View Post

I also checked my power settings on Win10, changed them to "High performance" and turned off all options that could lower the performance.

Because my BIOS has this option. I can set it to one core, two cores, four or eight cores.

Since all my problems obviously come from my CPU, is there any cheap solution for me? Like just change the CPU?
    My mainboard supports AM3+ sockets. Could I just solve all problems if I buy myself an "FX-4300" CPU?
    This CPU only costs about €54,- / $60,- in my country, so its not a big deal at all.

Would this new CPU (FX-4300) combined with a non-stock cooler solve the problems I have right now? Or even improve my FPS noticeable?
    Because it really is cancerous to play with such little FPS on so many situations.

A change to Intel would cost me something around 300-400 bucks, which is not worth it for me right now.

Thanks in advance again.
    A change to intel would not cost that much if you went with a Pentium G4560. Those things are cheap, and perform nearly as good as the i3's. Granted, you only get 2 cores, but that's more than enough for WoW.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xF7pJV
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xF7pJV/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($61.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $185.97
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-20 18:26 EDT-0400

Less than 200$, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    BS. Prove it or shut it. Not even possible on today's hardware. Top end machines struggle to maintain 60, even at preset 7. Quit lying.
    Its been proved, totally possible on today's high end hardware to maintain 60 at raids at very high settings not saying ultra cause some idiots seems to think ultra is also 200% render scale.

120 is very doable on most bosses with same hardware on more modest settings presets.

Only 2 bosses in NH can present some issues Spellblade and Botanist as it is a open space if you go nuts on the draw distance setting
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2017-06-20 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Its been proved, totally possible on today's high end hardware to maintain 60 at raids at very high settings not saying ultra cause some idiots seems to think ultra is also 200% render scale.

120 is very doable on most bosses with same hardware on more modest settings presets.

Only 2 bosses in NH can present some issues Spellblade and Botanist as it is a open space if you go nuts on the draw distance setting
    No it hasn't. It literally has never happened.

You can go look for the videos.

You wont find them.

Because theyve never happened.

Oh, and nice attempt to backpedal and move the goalposts.

Just stop already. You're wrong. Its been discussed for YEARS, and there has never been proof... NOT ONCE.

Please, show me this proof. I would love to see it. If it's been proven, then show me where.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

As the above mentioned no, it hasn't. Many of claimed, all have failed to prove.

All this on Intel CPUs none the less. AMD CPUs such as Piledriver and Bulldozer stand even less of a chance at maintaining 60. And no Ultra doesn't mean 200% render scaling. 7 preset is the old Ultra. 10 preset is the new Ultra. Neither are capable of maintaining 60 fps in mythic raiding.

The most you'll find are LFR fights in which most people are people doing anything and most of time even those videos have drops below 60. That or a screenshot of a mythic raid where it happened to be 60fps or more at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks in advance again.
    No it won't really help to turn off cores in your case. It's also not really worth wasting the money on your mediocre CPU for WoW for a just as mediocre of a CPU. As mentioned you could switch to Intel for less than $200 though your multi threaded will be lower, but the most efficient solution is still to just upgrade the cooler and overclock though it's not the most effective.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do remember one guy coming in here and proving us that raiding at 60 fps was possible now, it was a few months ago. I'm sure @Cilraaz or @chazus remember... hmm. He posted a video, too. We were all dumbfounded. It was all current-gen hardware for a few months ago and was damned impressive. I want to say he was running 8 or 9, but might be wrong. Either way: he showed that it was finally becoming possible.

On Bulldozer though? No. Absolutely not. Bulldozer and Piledriver were pathetic crap that shockingly didn't put AMD in the ground, permanently.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I do remember one guy coming in here and proving us that raiding at 60 fps was possible now, it was a few months ago. I'm sure @Cilraaz or @chazus remember... hmm. He posted a video, too. We were all dumbfounded. It was all current-gen hardware for a few months ago and was damned impressive. I want to say he was running 8 or 9, but might be wrong. Either way: he showed that it was finally becoming possible.
    I actually do remember that. It was (as far as I recall), legit. It was a VERY solid rig though (not that thats relevant). I honestly didn't mention it simply because I didn't want to stir the pot (and hopes) of people. I'd say it has been done, but also 'cant' be done without proof. Certainly not 120, certainly not on Bulldozer.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I fucking chuckle everytime people go in and say "I have over 100 fps stable in a mythic raid, my pc is just that good"

On Bulldozer though? No. Absolutely not. Bulldozer and Piledriver were pathetic crap that shockingly didn't put AMD in the ground, permanently.
    I vaguely remember that video and it was impressive. However, upon further inspection he still did have certain settings turned down. It was also not on one of the fights that cause the worst issues. He then went on to post a video of the fight requested with settings shown at beginning, which IIRC was Skorpyon(?) or some such. When that video came out, we saw there were certain settings, again IIRC MSAA or AA or something, that were in fact turned down below the preset. It was not considered conclusive evidence though was still very impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vaguely remember that video and it was impressive. However, upon further inspection he still did have certain settings turned down. It was also not on one of the fights that cause the worst issues. He then went on to post a video of the fight requested with settings shown at beginning, which IIRC was Skorpyon(?) or some such. When that video came out, we saw there were certain settings, again IIRC MSAA or AA or something, that were in fact turned down below the preset. It was not considered conclusive evidence though was still very impressive.
    I must say, as a game-recording player... recording the game is going to greatly diminish your fps, too, to be fair.

If I was trying to prove a point about fps, I'd use my phone or camera and show the screen.
    "A flower.

I must say, as a game-recording player... recording the game is going to greatly diminish your fps, too, to be fair.

If I was trying to prove a point about fps, I'd use my phone or camera and show the screen.
    That is true, and I believe that was recommended to the poster but he refused saying he had already provided all the proof needed we just were not accepting it. It could be possible, but I still think there are going to be situations where it hiccups and drops below 60.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Could just not use the CPU to render the recording?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you happen to be able to locate the video? The only thing I can remember from a few months ago is a guy that made some claims but the most he could do was a mythic raid with the more CPU intensive settings turned down which doesn't really count and it did drop a couple times even IIRC. Believe the same guy initially tried to use a screenshot of a raid as well as LFR as an example. You may be talking about someone entirely different that I simply wasn't on to see though.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Do you happen to be able to locate the video? The only thing I can remember from a few months ago is a guy that made some claims but the most he could do was a mythic raid with the more CPU intensive settings turned down which doesn't really count and it did drop a couple times even IIRC. Believe the same guy initially tried to use a screenshot of a raid as well as LFR as an example. You may be talking about someone entirely different that I simply wasn't on to see though.
    That's pretty much what I recall as well. I forgot the part about the SS first, but yeah, his second attempt at proof was either LFR or a non-demanding fight or both. We requested Mythic Skorpyron with settings shown and upon delivery there were settings turned down and there were dips below 60. Unless he is talking about some other video I am not recalling.

All in all, the videos were impressive, and many of us even said as much. It was better than we expected. However, it was still not at the preset and did still have dips below 60. Perhaps if he was using CPU encoding it would be possible, but I do not recall what he said he was using. I think it may have been a separate PC with a capture card which would have no effect on the FPS at all.

I remember posting in that thread so I spent a little time going through my post history in an attempt to find it. I either missed it or did not go back far enough and do not have any more time to spend looking for it, perhaps someone else does.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I actually do remember that. It was (as far as I recall), legit. It was a VERY solid rig though (not that thats relevant). I honestly didn't mention it simply because I didn't want to stir the pot (and hopes) of people. I'd say it has been done, but also 'cant' be done without proof. Certainly not 120, certainly not on Bulldozer.
    I also remember it. I can't remember for certain what settings were used, but I do remember that they held up to scrutiny, though. It's definitely the outside case, though.

In regard to the OP's problem, Nighthold was horrendously optimized. My rig (2500k @ 4.6GHz and GTX1070) struggled, falling into single digits on Skorpyron, even when using a "dungeons and raids" setting of 1. At the same time, it only did this on 2 of my 6 raid-capable characters, one of which was my main. The others were perfectly fine. Problem characters were a VDH and a Mage. Characters that worked fine were BM Hunter, Fury Warrior, Rogue, and Warlock. So both the problem and working characters were a mix of melee and ranged. I had the issue even after doing a client repair, clearing cache, deleting config.wtf and reconfiguring my options, toggling all addons off, and even doing a full UI reset. The only thing I didn't try was a full uninstall/reinstall, but I don't think that would help because corrupt data files would have affected all of my characters. Last night in ToS (first 2 bosses only) seemed fine, however. I'll need to check frame rates and go back to my full settings, rather than the lower dungeon settings, to be certain, though.

That depends on how you record it. If you have an Nvidia card and record using Shadowplay (or other card/method that allows capture straight from the frame buffer), it has little to no effect on your frame rate, to the best of my knowledge.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2017-06-21 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    I also remember it. I can't remember for certain what settings were used, but I do remember that they held up to scrutiny, though. It's definitely the outside case, though.

In regard to the OP's problem, Nighthold was horrendously optimized. My rig (2500k @ 4.6GHz and GTX1070) struggled, falling into single digits on Skorpyron, even when using a "dungeons and raids" setting of 1. At the same time, it only did this on 2 of my 6 raid-capable characters, one of which was my main. The others were perfectly fine. Problem characters were a VDH and a Mage. Characters that worked fine were BM Hunter, Fury Warrior, Rogue, and Warlock. So both the problem and working characters were a mix of melee and ranged. I had the issue even after doing a client repair, clearing cache, deleting config.wtf and reconfiguring my options, toggling all addons off, and even doing a full UI reset. The only thing I didn't try was a full uninstall/reinstall, but I don't think that would help because corrupt data files would have affected all of my characters. Last night in ToS (first 2 bosses only) seemed fine, however. I'll need to check frame rates and go back to my full settings, rather than the lower dungeon settings, to be certain, though.

That depends on how you record it. If you have an Nvidia card and record using Shadowplay (or other card/method that allows capture straight from the frame buffer), it has little to no effect on your frame rate, to the best of my knowledge.
    I've always used Fraps, but been trying to use OBS Studio more and more lately. I'm interested to see how OBS will do recording WoW raiding...

I personally run the game at 7 at all times, I dip in raids, but not terribly. Certainly not single digits, always pushing 40+ pretty much, rarely seeing 30s. Rig in signature.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always used Fraps, but been trying to use OBS Studio more and more lately. I'm interested to see how OBS will do recording WoW raiding...

I personally run the game at 7 at all times, I dip in raids, but not terribly. Certainly not single digits, always pushing 40+ pretty much, rarely seeing 30s. Rig in signature.
    Oh, I've also tried raiding on my main while not streaming... Skorpyron was just as bad as when I was streaming. I haven't noticed a difference between streaming and not streaming with OBS. As such, I imagine that local recording would have equally little difference.

Speaking of the rig in your sig... I assume you mean a GTX 1070, not a 1970.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty much what I recall as well. I forgot the part about the SS first, but yeah, his second attempt at proof was either LFR or a non-demanding fight or both. We requested Mythic Skorpyron with settings shown and upon delivery there were settings turned down and there were dips below 60. Unless he is talking about some other video I am not recalling.

All in all, the videos were impressive, and many of us even said as much. It was better than we expected. However, it was still not at the preset and did still have dips below 60. Perhaps if he was using CPU encoding it would be possible, but I do not recall what he said he was using. I think it may have been a separate PC with a capture card which would have no effect on the FPS at all.

I remember posting in that thread so I spent a little time going through my post history in an attempt to find it. I either missed it or did not go back far enough and do not have any more time to spend looking for it, perhaps someone else does.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-can-run-10-10

Found it. It was OneWay making the claims. This is the only instance I remember and none of the videos proved anything. Is this the same instance everyone else is talking about? Because yea this doesn't seem like what you guys are explaining so now I'm curious.