Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

DH feels really bad?

Anyone get this we started heroic TOS last night I went from being top 3-4 in my guild in our mythic fights in NH to being bottom / end of pack in TOS. I just feel really under powered outside of the first boss. Not having chaos strike relics drop from the raid also seems really poor :/

Perhaps just doing something wrong we just don't seem to be scaling well with higher level's of gear. Feeling kinda sh$$y being a hero class when I can sustain more damage in aoe when I'm tanking. >.>

Deleted
    Chaos strike relics do drop from the raid

I dont raid mythic but I am actually doing better in this raid. I am only 894 and i was beating other people that was 902+ easy that was beating me in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleybp View Post
    Chaos strike relics do drop from the raid
    I looked through and don't recall seeing any which boss? And is it a shadow or fel?

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    I dont raid mythic but I am actually doing better in this raid. I am only 894 and i was beating other people that was 902+ easy that was beating me in NH.

You also have a really low ilvl and most likely weren't stated properly before 40(ish)+% crit 40% mastery prior to the patch and the changes to demons blades. So for you you may have gone up in dps due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by yarafx1 View Post
    I looked through and don't recall seeing any which boss? And is it a shadow or fel?

You also have a really low ilvl and most likely weren't stated properly before 40(ish)+% crit 40% mastery prior to the patch and the changes to demons blades. So for you you may have gone up in dps due to this.
    Fel: http://www.wowhead.com/item=147086/b...onus=3561:1482
    Off of Engine of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Mayong View Post
    Legit I know where to save some broll for not sure how I missed that!

i was at 46% crit at 42% master pre patch so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    i was at 46% crit at 42% master pre patch so yeah.
    I'm not sure then, me and two other dh's I raid with a have seen a steep decrease in our overall damage for this new heroic raid. DH's based on logs are also in the bottom 5 classes in dps ranking as to where we like 7-10th before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone get this we started heroic TOS last night I went from being top 3-4 in my guild in our mythic fights in NH to being bottom / end of pack in TOS. I just feel really under powered outside of the first boss. Not having chaos strike relics drop from the raid also seems really poor :/

Perhaps just doing something wrong we just don't seem to be scaling well with higher level's of gear. Feeling kinda sh$$y being a hero class when I can sustain more damage in aoe when I'm tanking. >.>
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#

DH not looking so good.

Pretty funny how the 2 of the bottom 3 on damage are classes that literally only have ONE spec to DPS with... Monk, DH, and Priest are the ONLY classes that only have ONE option to DPS with and no other specs to fall back on. They should be near the top (SP is at least).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'm not sure then, me and two other dh's I raid with a have seen a steep decrease in our overall damage for this new heroic raid. DH's based on logs are also in the bottom 5 classes in dps ranking as to where we like 7-10th before.
    I know the other Demon hunter i compare myself to on the server that is better than me his dps has stayed the same from what he told me. I have seen a dps increase and he has stayed the same. But i have to ask what kinda gear stats you running? I have dropped a ton of mastery and been picking up haste. since last i remember i have slowly been increasing my haste. think I am up to 17% now pre patch i was at like 8%

I sim about the same as before patch, but my actual raid damage is slightly higher compared to NH. I was running 42% crit 32% mastery and 11% haste, now after patch I have switched out of some mastery gear and I am at 44% crit 20% mastery13% haste and 7% vers. I am in a casual heroic guild and we killed 7 bosses in normal last night. I was the top dps on the bosses with almost straight ST, but averaged 50k lower on two boss cleave fight or fights with some adds compared to our top dps which was an assassination rogue. We are all similar in ilvl. I am at 906 equipped and simming for around 986k dps with FB-CB regular ST build.

Feeling kinda sh$$y being a hero class
    Hero classes in this game doesn't mean anything other than you don't start at level 1. This was stated back when Death Knights came out and the same holds true for Demon Hunters.

Pretty much turned out how I expected it.

Yes yes just wait til you get 4p. I counter that with how about you wait til some of these other classes get 4p.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Pretty much turned out how I expected it.

Yes yes just wait til you get 4p. I counter that with how about you wait til some of these other classes get 4p.
    Our 4 piece is a joke though?

The only good thing about it are the stats

Someone will always be at the top and the bottom. Play the damn spec and stop crying.

Our 4 piece is a joke though?

The only good thing about it are the stats
    Are they? Low crit, high mastery...

Deleted
    Lol at Havoc now being one of the worst dps specs .. that while some classes have multiple or all specs at the top. Oh well that's how blizzard's magnificent balancing works ... sometimes you're doing ok or even great and you wake up one day with everyone spitting on you.

eh, DH damage is fine, the issue is the fights REALLY dont play well into our strenghts, unlike NH. the bosses with frequent spawns of 3-4 adds are just aids for DH. not enough adds for demonic to go ham with head, too frequent in normal build, where you have EB/FotI for only every 2nd/third pack, fel barrage too rng for consistent results (and I dislike it immensely, before, you could Fbarr, say, 3 stacks, if you wanted, now you have no choice but to wait for RNG resets) and the one legendary, that allowed us to not lag behind horribly on these fights was nerfed and were forced into FB - single target talent - anyway, so yeah. also the fact its yet another raid with literally zero demon adds, that could grant us dmg souls.

we might get a buff here or there, but unless something changes on mythic, which I wouldnt expect, we arent going to shine this tier just because of the class mechanics

Deleted
    It seems the same to me.

There is no middle ground again, you are either doing mad deeps, or you are scrapping the barrel praying for fury,

To add something on the list of Sarevokcz, it's also hard to use Nemesis. Some add aren't from the same " type" as the boss giving us the choice of losing 20% dps on boss or 20% on add.

My personal answer for the OP ; bad tier set (bonus and pieces stats), bad design (poor talent choice, nobrain+rng rotation), bad legendries.... yes DH feels bad at this stage of Legion