Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    True lefties hate freedom, as history has proven countless times before. It is their way or the gallows.

Can you name me one -true- historical right wing dictatorship? Hint, it starts with a P and ends with inochet.

Can you name me one -true- historical right wing dictatorship? Hint, it starts with a P and ends with inochet.
    South Korea under Park Chung-hee.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    South Korea under Park.
    That's 1.

Give me more. List them in one post to reduce the spam.

That's 1.

Give me more. List them in one post to reduce the spam.
    You asked for one, I named one. You said it's Pinochet but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    Stability at the price of freedom is one of the many definition of tyranny. You continue to prove my point! You will NEVER get rid of racism, do you understand? NEVER. As long as people have even the most tiny of differences, they will use them against one another and to broad stroke entire groups of people.
    There's always people who will commit crime therefore we should decriminalize all crime.

The way you deal with racism is not by suppressing people and making them feel oppressed, it's to STOP TALKING ABOUT RACE.
    Haha, no.
    You skin color is a tiny part of who you are, not your single largest defining characteristic, as Progressives and other identitarians have tried to proclaim. Muh Identity Politics indeed.
    Skin color is not what makes a race. I'm as pale as many white people, I'm not white.

A good example of the subjectivity of "racist speech" would be a criticism of the high rate of fatherlessness in the Black community. It creates unstable families who almost always wind up needing welfare, which is something that causes significantly more friction on society. There's also the celebration and glamorization of "thug culture" - the culture of guns and drugs and gangs. But that's part of their culture! I'm sure you'd cry and call me a racist for pointing out that these things are harmful and create social strife. As long as the definition of something you want to ban is subjective it can NEVER be banned.
    No, I'd tell you to fix it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not something good.
    Of course it is good. I don't have to live in fear that some politician will decide my free speech is illegal and have the police breaking down my door.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

America goes too far in what it allows.
    I really disagree with that assertion. Can we go too far? Yes, do we often go too far? No. Does Europe in general often go too far and then end up jailing or fining people for saying mean words? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I really disagree with that assertion. Can we go too far? Yes, do we often go too far? No. Does Europe in general often go too far and then end up jailing or fining people for saying mean words? Yes.
    Saying racist things isn't just mean words. It's divisive words, it's words that cause friction in society, it's words that can create contempt, it's word that can and often does lead to action.

Haha, no.
    Actually, yes. People who keep referring to racism aren't exactly helping with moving the discussions forwards.

Other than that, the word "racism" barely has an actual definition these days. It is used in so many different (and wrong) ways that the point of it is lost on me by now. Today it is "you disagree with me, therefor you are a racist".

Actually, yes. People who keep referring to racism aren't exactly helping with moving the discussions forwards.

Other than that, the word "racism" barely has an actual definition these days. It is used in so many different (and wrong) ways that the point of it is lost on me by now. Today it is "you disagree with me, therefor you are a racist".
    Discrimination or hatred against people on the basis of their ethnicity or race. That's racism.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thought police should leave people the hell alone.

Skin color is the primary determining factor when it comes to race as it is the most recognizable and the hardest to change.
    So, if I as a korean were to stand beside german natives who are as pale as me, you would call me white?

Skin color is the primary determining factor when it comes to race as it is the most recognizable and the hardest to change.
    It is not, actually, people from India and people from Africa both have a dark skincolour, but aren't the same race. I think genes are what defines a race.

Quick question love - can you be racist against white people? By your definition you can.
    Yes? Why would you not be able to be?

I would look at the shape of your eyes, the structure of your facial bones, the general built of your frame and, lastly, your hair and be able to make a rapid determination that you and the german natives do not share phenotypes. Race is an objective reality.
    So why do you use skin color then?

I would look at the shape of your eyes, the structure of your facial bones, the general built of your frame and, lastly, your hair and be able to make a rapid determination that you and the german natives do not share phenotypes. Race is an objective reality.

- - - Updated - - -

People from Africa and people from India look NOTHING alike. The hell are you on about?
    You said skincolour, they both got a dark skincolour.

You get 1 point for not arguing that racism is about institutional power, which is the common SJW/Progressive definition. There may be hope for you yet.
    You think me to be a progressive?
    Because skin is the largest organ of the body and the most visible component of your phenotype. Literally the first thing you see is someones skin.
    Yes but skin color is not indicative of race. Southeast asians are generally speaking darker than us koreans but we're considered the same race.

You're being fallacious and disingenuous, at worst. At best, thick. People from Africa are extremely dark whereas people from India are less so.
    That's not necessarily true. Some people from India are very dark, and vice versa in Africa. On average, sure, but every population has a significant number of outliers, and an actual range when it comes to skin color.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of you called for stricter policing, taking whats said on the internet more seriously, and this is it.

This is what you asked for and this is what it looks like.

Oh did you think they were just going to target Jamal and Mohammed. It doesn't work like that. If you're going to double down then that means everyone is a suspect, everyone is a potential threat. How are they supposed to know your trolling, jokes, pranks, memes and other "expressions of free speech are just empty threats? Are they supposed to wait and hope nothing happens?

Want to post like a degenerate, get treated like one.

Resident Cosplay Progressive