Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ...
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Police are actually trained not to go fisticuffs with a knife wielding assailant. So yeah, no where in their training are they taught to holster their firearm based on the odds of being able to successfully disarm a knife.

You've got a "crazy" pregnant woman, in a house with children, wielding a knife. My guess is that cops feared for the safety of the children. Though I'm guessing you would have been happier if she killed the kids, then was subdued by the cops? At least then we know racism wasn't involved, amirite?

I'm really not sure how you think that would be the better situation.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say she "needed" both cops. I think one cop with a gun would have been plenty.
    I think the fucking tasers and mace they have need to be used before the gun, unless, UNLESS, they think someone else is in immediate danger. If she had a knife held at the kids, then sure, totally justified. If the kids were standing away and the cops had range, they have additional ranged options beyond lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I think the fucking tasers and mace they have need to be used before the gun, unless, UNLESS, they think someone else is in immediate danger. If she had a knife held at the kids, then sure, totally justified. If the kids were standing away and the cops had range, they have additional ranged options beyond lethal.
    Well, unfortunately, the second report that came with audio record confirmed that they didn't have additional ranged option. After they called for backup, one cop did ask the other to tase her way before they opened fire, but neither of them were carrying a taser. That's why I agreed with the guy that mentioned the officers' policy might need to be changed (Chief Police said that currently, their policy is that each cop can choose to take an option of taser, pepper spray or baton) to ensure that at least when they work in pair, they wouldn't both bring the same thing. However, with that policy in mind, in this case the two officers didn't do anything wrong in my opinion.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Actually, its thanks to Black Lives Matter. Police are not less trustful on Black people, even to the civilized ones (Like Morgan Freeman).

If Black Lives Matter would act civilized, and before BLM time, the Police would not have to jump the gun on them.

Blame is going on to the Blacks, and the civilized folks have to suffer because of some retarded organization known as Black Lives Matter. All Civilized Blacks denounces BLM.

BLM = Terrorist Group.
    Civilized ones? Interesting, Seems like you're saying most of them are uncivilized.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Well, unfortunately, the second report that came with audio record confirmed that they didn't have additional ranged option. After they called for backup, one cop did ask the other to tase her way before they opened fire, but neither of them were carrying a taser. That's why I agreed with the guy that mentioned the officers' policy might need to be changed (Chief Police said that currently, their policy is that each cop can choose to take an option of taser, pepper spray or baton) to ensure that at least when they work in pair, they wouldn't both bring the same thing. However, with that policy in mind, in this case the two officers didn't do anything wrong in my opinion.
    Damn. If that is indeed the case, then they were truly very limited in what they could do. That's sad all around. Hopefully they will change the policy and make it mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Civilized ones? Interesting, Seems like you're saying most of them are uncivilized.
    Certainly the ones who blindly follow Black Lives Matter, believe White people are the enemy, and think that whiteness is a form of societal patriarchy.. or whatever the Black Tumblr/Twitter trend says it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    what's so disproportionate?

Police killings in the US, by race of victim
    Ok. How many of those people were unarmed?

And before you get into the argument that black people are in the minority, so of course they're killed less than whites.
    Funny thing is, despite being only approx 14% of the population, blacks commit close to 40% of violent crime.
    All those stats show arrest or conviction rates, never committal rates. Could you find a source that actually shows what you're claiming?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Certainly the ones who blindly follow Black Lives Matter, believe White people are the enemy, and think that whiteness is a form of societal patriarchy.. or whatever the Black Tumblr/Twitter trend says it is now.
    So...people who think that extrajudicial murder by the state is wrong are "uncivilized"? How does that work?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    People fail to realize that put in the same position, they would either get hurt/killed or shoot the woman. It's been proven time and time again.

Look at what happens to Black Lives Matter activists when they go through police training: https://youtu.be/yfi3Ndh3n-g
    Doesn't that just prove that police training sucks?

But while we ARE on the subject... she had 3 kids already...one only 12 months old... and knocked up again? Probably government subsidized housing on welfare.

Foodstamps, welfare check, and yep... pregnant again to insure another 18 years of monthly checks and groceries.
    So...why does any of this mean she deserves to die?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Actually, its thanks to Black Lives Matter. Police are not less trustful on Black people, even to the civilized ones (Like Morgan Freeman).
    [citation needed]

If Black Lives Matter would act civilized, and before BLM time,
    Why should anyone act civilized towards a government that shows it has no problem killing them?

the Police would not have to jump the gun on them.
    Rodney King would have said otherwise.

Blame is going on to the Blacks,
    Right, because the police can NEVER be held responsible for their actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    seems like certain part of society dont understand that its not ok to walk the streets with knives - police should strip search her relatives because if they openly claims to find it ok to walk streets with weapons what they must have had in their pockets during that wake.
    Open carry is legal in Washington.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Trying to respond to multiple epople at once? This is becoming an eyesore to read.

So...people who think that extrajudicial murder by the state is wrong are "uncivilized"? How does that work?
    Nice twist of my words pal'. Black Lives Matter is no longer about this. It's a group that takes any form of action against Black people, regardless of justification or not. Is a form of racism, the white man holding the black society down. BLM is a hate group that has inspired hate, not unity. People can agree there's an ongoing issue of excessive force / Police brutality. But BLM purely made it a racial movement. Using poor examples of people which have been proven justified shootings.

I think there's been plenty of proof of the Michael Brown case, where people deliberately lied about "His hands were up, don't shoot."

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    what's so disproportionate?

Police killings in the US, by race of victim

And before you get into the argument that black people are in the minority, so of course they're killed less than whites.
    Funny thing is, despite being only approx 14% of the population, blacks commit close to 40% of violent crime.

Plenty of places to google stuff like that;
    https://qz.com/556988/here-are-four-...-donald-trump/

- - - Updated - - -

even taking common sense out of the equation, the law can lean very strongly towards the police.

If I recall correctly, something like a condom or a phone can be considered an instrument of crime if the police were bringing someone in on charges of prostitution.
    Uh oh...
    Someone pulled out some real facts. They might not go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Using a less lethal weapon would be a perfectly good choice, but the "shoot them in the leg!" thing comes pretty much only from people who have no idea at all what they're talking about. No, police are not trained to shoot at legs, for a number of fairly obvious reasons:

1) Hitting a leg on a moving target is much harder than hitting center mass
    2) Shooting someone in the leg is frequently fatal anyways - bleeding out from a femoral wound is common
    3) Shooting someone in the leg will not necessarily stop their advance
    Our police are trained to do that, and it has been working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Absolutely. This is common sense. Boxer's hands have been defined by judges as weapons before. So you are right Sukk. But remember with some they have a bias agenda they are pushing and no common sense will work.
    It has nothing to do with a "bias" agenda. And the guns for everybody crowd trying to play the common sense angle is laughable.

When one makes the argument "guns need to be restricted because they are weapons", replying with the counter argument "then why not ban everything that might possibly be used as a weapon" is not a valid reply, and is well out of the range of common sense.

All those other things? They have valid, non weapon intended uses that justify their existence. The fact that they might possibly be "considered" weapons (which, as I pointed out, pretty much fucking everything on the planet could be "considered" to be a fucking weapon) does not change this fact.

Guns? The ONLY purpose they have is to be a weapon. They literally do not have any intended function that falls outside of the description of a weapon.

So yes, intent does matter because regardless of intent, all those other things have to be used intentionally as weapons to make them so. A gun is inherently a weapon by its very existence.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-06-22 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post

So yes, intent does matter because regardless of intent, all those other things have to be used intentionally as weapons to make them so. A gun is inherently a weapon by its very existence.
    A butterfly knife and a switchblade... I suppose they are for cutting apples? A billy club or brass knuckles are for bling?

The truth is clear... making guns illegal does not prevent criminals from getting them... just law abiding, second amendment following, American citizens. No matter how high and mighty, or "advanced" you think we have become... the second amendment was SECOND for a reason.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Cars kill more people than guns by a mile... and yet because they are "needed" for convenience to get around we accept the losses of life without batting an eye. But while the right to bear arms is protected by the constitution... some people want to get lost in the "school of fish" defense... thinking they are safe as long as they stay inside the school... too bad if others get eaten.

I bet every single person who faced down a gun barrel before they were killed, and every single rape victim, wishes they had a gun to defend themselves when they realized death or rape was imminent. Funny enough, just like athiests cry out "Oh God" just before something terrible happens to them.

Sorry, but i havethe right to bear arms... you don't like it? Move to a country with laws you like better... like England.

As far as this specific case... the woman was brandishing a knife. How she brandished and what if any threats were made are unknown at this time. What WAS known though was this woman had previous run ins with police, was known to be unstable needing therapy, and 3 children in her home.

Should the police just back away and say "Lady it's fine, we'll leave." Only to find out minutes later she was distraught and turned the knife on her children and herself?

Then people would have criticized police for not recognizing the danger and saving the children saying "She had a knife and would not comply with reasonable requests to put it down. Clearly she was agitated and dangerous to herself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I bet every single person who faced down a gun barrel before they were killed, and every single rape victim, wishes they had a gun to defend themselves when they realized death or rape was imminent. Funny enough, just like athiests cry out "Oh God" just before something terrible happens to them.
    They can wish as much as they want. Guess what? Having a gun to "defend" themselves just ends up with them dead 99.9% of the time anyway, when faced with an attacker who is already armed and willing to shoot them. Also, nice appeal to emotion there, but randomly adding threat of rape into your arguement doesn't actually improve on it in any way.

Sorry, but i havethe right to bear arms... you don't like it? Move to a country with laws you like better... like England.
    I already live in one, where we have much more sane regulations regarding gun possession, and, wouldn't you be surprised, where I have a much lower chance of getting gunned down on the street by any random asshole who is having a bad day.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-06-24 at 06:51 AM.