Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    You're being fallacious and disingenuous, at worst. At best, thick. People from Africa are extremely dark whereas people from India are less so.
    Uh. I was just giving a lucid example, really, but since you seem to think that all people from Africa are extremely dark... have you ever seen someone from Somalia? Or Libya? Or Sudan? Now tell me that those people are "extremely dark".

When dealing with general phenotype the broader term would be "Asian". If you line up people from China, Korea and Japan you might be able to differentiate between them if there's enough variation in their ancestry, but that's a gamble, at best. There is a lot of CULTURAL variation among Asians as there are many Asian COUNTRIES... but you're all still Asian and share various phenotype characteristics.
    I talked about southeast asians vs koreans. Thais are dark compared to us, malays are dark compared to us, indonesians are dark compared to us, filipinos are darker. They're darker but considered same race. Yet skin color is indicative of race?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Yes, being arrested by the thought police for posting something they dont like.. yeah, that doesn't sound like being Nazis AT ALL....
    No one was arrested.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

When dealing with general phenotype the broader term would be "Asian". If you line up people from China, Korea and Japan you might be able to differentiate between them if there's enough variation in their ancestry, but that's a gamble, at best. There is a lot of CULTURAL variation among Asians as there are many Asian COUNTRIES... but you're all still Asian and share various phenotype characteristics.

- - - Updated - - -

The outliers of a population are by definition not representative of the majority and therefore not productive when speaking broadly. -_-
    But, the number of outliers is enough so that one cannot fully generalize the overall skin tone. You can go by averages, but if you do, then it would become more difficult to try and focus on an individual. An individual with a specific skin tone can easily be from any number of places, so it can only be used as one of multiple features/characteristics that should be used. And it's definitely not foolproof.

Do you have a defect that disables you from distinguishing between shade and tone? Because if so, I could understand your inability to distinguish between someone of African and someone of Indian dissent. You'd have a better time arguing about differentiating between Indians and Pakistanis, but that argument doesn't work because they're from the same ancestral pool (Pakistan was originally part of India, much to both parties consternation).
    The real question is if you are able to discuss things without insulting people.

Don't be a lefty, please.

... ach, I just did the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Last I checked, the American government wasn't arresting people for expressing ideas they disagree with, or trying to censor social media.
    Again, no one was arrested. The German government also isn't trying to censor social media.

Though in the USA we have a president who feels that the press should only promote positive news stories about him, and campaigned on a desire to enact legislation that restricts their 1A protections, but hey, those Germans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    Wow, Germany. What the hell happened to you?
    we're not nazis anymore? You're 70 years too late to the party...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    1984 involves state surveillance, and control of people's thoughts and actions.

Spewing threats, and attempting to incite hate/violence in widely accessible public forum and having the police investigate you as a result isn't remotely the same thing.
    Yeah, right. That's pretty much what every fascist state implies. 'But the way WE obstruct people's freedom is good, because we do it for those of us who are good!'
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Again, no one was arrested. The German government also isn't trying to censor social media.

Though in the USA we have a president who feels that the press should only promote positive news stories about him, and campaigned on a desire to enact legislation that restricts their 1A protections, but hey, those Germans.
    Uuhhhhhhh...

Didn't they just design a law that allows censorship?

https://cpj.org/blog/2017/04/propose...oad-intern.php

Seems to me like they are doing just that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    It is not, actually, people from India and people from Africa both have a dark skincolour, but aren't the same race. I think genes are what defines a race.
    From an American POV:

1) Most Indians I've met are darker than me. The area I grew up in had tons of Indians, my university, tons of Indians.
    2) Historically, Indians in America (we aren't talking about Native Americans just to be crystal clear) have fallen under the same umbrella as black people cause a racist doesn't have time to distinguish between different hues of melanin. They have too much hatin to do. Dark skin Latinos, Indians, Americans, Polynesians, Arabs they don't give a fuck - all black. Conclusion, race is primarily based on skin color.
    3) The entire argument is obnoxiously petty

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Uuhhhhhhh...

Didn't they just design a law that allows censorship?

https://cpj.org/blog/2017/04/propose...oad-intern.php

Seems to me like they are doing just that.
    Uuhhhhhhh...

The law is designed to help law enforcement, you know, enforce laws that already exist. Is there concern about legitimate censorship? Sure. But the bill, on it's face, isn't about censorship for the sake of censorship.

Yeah, that's the part people always miss about genuine racism - it doesn't distinguish between anyone outside the racists own race. To them, their race is the best and all others are inferior. What's happened is that people have become so hypersensitive (and eager to score political points any way possible) that they've overused racist to defame anyone who has a critique about another person outside their own race.
    Not at all. There's racism against southeast asians in South Korea. I dare say it's more prevalent than racism against white and black people.

Uuhhhhhhh...

The law is designed to help law enforcement, you know, enforce laws that already exist. Is there concern about legitimate censorship? Sure. But the bill, on it's face, isn't about censorship for the sake of censorship.
    The idea is that there is an apparent will to censor social media outlets. I do not trust the government (I am not German by the way) to not use it against the people. "Noble intentions" are often used by nefarious legislators to create a smoke screen. It seems to me that this is the case here, too.

I think Trump has an enormous ego, but I think having a politicized press that sided almost universally with his opponent and spread propaganda about him (false Russia narrative) would give anyone a reason to be pretty pissed off.
    The Russian narrative isn't false when every major western intelligence agency is saying it exists.

The media also largely reported only on the things that Trump said or did during the election, which was Trump's plan all along. He cried foul and that the media is "mean" to him as a method of furthering his image with his base. Beyond that, if you spend your entire life being a shitposting con man who's been perpetually litigated against, has shoddy business practices, and starts petty feuds with celebrities and decide to run for president, you really shouldn't expect the media to be nice to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    It's not any what ifs. We know, that immigration have brought nothing of value to Europe. Feel free to prove otherwise.
    New food, teachings of tolerance, knowledge in science, art and music, new corporations created by immigrants giving natives new jobs, highly skilled foreign workers... You know, not all immigrants are refugees from Syria and illegal immigrants from Africa. The engineer from India is an immigrant, the construction worker from Croatia is one, and the asparagus picker from Poland is one. They are another cog that keeps the wheel spinning.

I work as an Account Manager for an Engineering company. 90% of the applications we get for new positions are from immigrants and those who wish to work in Germany. Extremely high skilled folks who are part of the reason why you drive cars as good as they are. There aren't nearly enough natives applying for these jobs and that high skilled immigrants are cheaper is a myth. They know their worth.

Average anual income is irrelevant.
    How so? It's a good indication for how much stuff you can buy after you've worked your ass off. I don't know how old you are or where you live, but there was a time when you could go and buy a Brezel for 30.000 Reichsmark if you were lucky to still get one.

Obviously tearing down the wall was a mistake as commies are running rampant in Europe and the cold war have been reignited. The wall was a product of faults in a different time and not representable of the prosperity that reigned in Europe at that time.
    What do you mean, it was a mistake? Germany had torn up families because of that wall. We had the whole east of Germany fall under a quasi dictatorship where laws were created and dropped on a whim, where your neighbor would snitch on you, where soldiers would shoot you immediately if you tried to cross the wall. It was a major divider not just in Germany, but morally/mentally speaking for all of Europe. Inclusion will always beat division.

It's not like I say that the timeline 30 years ago was perfect, but it was prior to the newly established agenda to ruin Europe.
    What is this agenda to ruin Europe? How would Europe benefit from being ruined? It's not going to ruin itself just for the lulz. Europe was and is always interested in its own success. So much so that we accept "low quality" countries into the European Union. Mistakes are being made on a daily basis, but when and where wasn't that the case anyway?

Now, a key difference between us is that you regard a high anual income as prosperity, while I consider being able to leave home without locking front door as real prosperity, being able to afford daily bread and chance to get a job without ridiculous indoctrination demands, which are only really a excuse to put your expensive salary on the shelve and take advantage of cheap immigrant labor instead.
    This was never possible and will never be possible. People lock their doors in Japan, people lock their doors in Croatia... and those are really, really mono ethnic countries. Being born in the same country and sharing the same culture does not automatically mean that the person will not break into your home and steal your shit.
    Daily bread is affordable by literally everyone in Germany, and I doubt that this isn't the case anywhere in Europe. Even if you are straight out refusing to work, you can still get food and shelter from charity.

Cheap immigrant labor isn't booming because you have Germans lining up for the jobs and nobody is giving it to them. A German normally does not want to pick Asparagus because it's really hard physical work for the most unskilled people. Unskilled jobs pay less now thanks to the technological revolution. Immigrants in high skill cap jobs aren't paid a penny less than their native co workers.
    Immigrant gangs terrorizing schools and society in general is a product of the changed priority where Europeans are to be disregarded because that's how capitalism is.
    Yes. But you are wrong on the reasons why. Immigrant gangs aren't there because they are immigrants - but because they have failed to integrate. "Hauptschule" is full of children from families where the parents don't care about the education of their children. A general lack of interest in their child's social environment adds to the fact that immigrants with no education do not get anywhere near to jobs with salaries these people would like to have. Personally, I partly blame USA gangsta culture for that one. So naturally gangs form, drug sales bring in income, children steal and do stupid shit to make money and gain respect that they otherwise do not get from anyone.

On the other hand, you have immigrant children visiting the best schools and universities because their parents properly integrated, they learned the language and taught their children western values with a often sexy mix of their own culture. A proper Lebanese household is friendly, welcoming, extremely polite.

How can we make sure that integration works better? Recognize problem families and help them out. Yea, it's easier to throw them out, but the moral implications of such actions are disastrous for anyone who claims to have empathy.

It's in Germany's genes to prosper, genes that are disregarded and in the focus of elimination by ethnic cleansing.
    German genes are the same as Dutch genes. There's nothing that makes Germans in any way special. If there is a gene that makes humans want to prosper, we all have it. Please quit your eugenics.

No there was no turnaround 2-3 years ago. About 10 years ago after 2008 crisis, however. Immigrants are cheaper than native population which are now in disregard and decline. Was not very different 30 years ago, immigration is not a solution to declining birth rates. At all.
    Again, I work in the business of selling people, if you'd like to call it that way. I know the prices extremely well of almost each labor group in Germany. Only with the extreme unskilled workers it is true that immigrants are cheaper than the native population. White collar jobs and even most blue collar jobs show almost no difference. An entry level CATIA V5 constructor fresh from university with no professional experience demands 40-45k € p.a. No matter which country they are coming from.

What IS cheaper however is offshore. Don't bring the Indian guy to Germany, bring the project to India if you really want to save money.

You seem sincere and I'm trying to treat you accordingly. I wish to commend you for having debate etiquette, surely you know how rare it is. Especially over the course of multiple posts. Quite noteworthy in fact considering the opposites we are.
    Well, thank you. Likewise.

Then why is it a fact that you get raided just for having an opinion? There are numerous examples, usually very personal as it's the lives of people. Let not mention the numerous consequences you get for not being PC, like high chance of having your children taken away.
    Huh? The last case of a family losing their child because of their political views was a US Neo Nazi couple who called their children literally Adolf Hitler, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, Honzlynn Jeannie and Heinrich Hons. If you can show me any case of a family being torn apart, just because the parents had non PC ideas in their head, please do go ahead and post it here.

And then you become victim of hatred beyond most peoples comprehension. Need I show to a German politician who proclaim all Germans as nazis that need to be culturally and ethnically cleansed?
    If that is a direct quote from a German politician, he's an idiot.

And rest of the world. You think that nations can be run without prisons? Here was even a better solution, recreation camps. Bolsheviks won't listen to sanity so they need to be taught. Not much have changed in that regard, and were now in a time where political opponents are having their lives destroyed. Most often slowly and silent, except situations like this thread build upon. The leftist agenda have surfaced also, at a point in time where Europeans are so indoctrinated that they wish their own downfall welcome, much by self-hatred.
    Are you comparing death camps to prisons?

We can't rollup WW2 just like that, it's just not that simple. What would you propose Hitler-Germany did with people who worked tirelessly to end their superior reign? AKA saboteurs, national traitors and generally just criminals.
    Call them liberators? The Third Reich was an Unrechtsstaat. Anyone who worked against Hitler-Germany was working for humanity and peace. He was a failed conqueror, not a true leader.

The figures that people have from the camps are upside down, oops. That illegal subject again. What lies are being hidden if we can't question it? How many lawyers are going to have their lives destroyed before sanity reign again?
    I can't help myself but see implications of a holocaust denier here...

And you got neo-nazis all wrong. I see you failed to represent a single case of violent nazis, like expected.
    Violent Neo-Nazis: Breivik? He was at the very least a hardcore right winger, even if he maybe doesn't call himself a Neo-Nazi.

Violent Nazis: Holy shit take your pick mate. How about the invasion of Poland, or France? Really I do not want to go and search for individual cases of Third Reich crimes committed by Nazis. There's a bazillion of it.

And yea, how many millions? Zero. They have even adjusted the number themselves as the proofs against their enormous lies are plenty. And of course, to avoid full disclosure. Made illegal. If you'r from Germany you know better than most people how deep these inhumane details go.
    So indeed denying the holocaust? For me there is nothing that I can do to change your mind in that case. That's only possible if you trust witness accounts from survivors. Might wanna go and seek out a discussion with them, maybe they can show you another point of view that leaves a stronger impression than the typed words of a random dude in GenOT.

And I suggest we end this discussion
    Naw that would be boring now wouldn't it?

What do you think would happen if you went out in public and started screaming at people that you were going to kill them?

3 day forum suspension?

I feel the thread title and the info provided in the OP don't line up very well.

including threats, coercion and incitement to racism.
    Incitement to racism, yea, that is a silly thing to raid homes over, but threats and coercion? Seems like anything you would get the cops on you over irl if you did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Incitement to racism, yea, that is a silly thing to raid homes over, but threats and coercion? Seems like anything you would get the cops on you over irl if you did it.
    My guess with the incitement bit is that the German government is a little touchy over the idea of alienating or railing against any specific race or ethnic group. Last time that happened in Germany, things didn't turn out too well.

False equivalency! /sigh You don't live in a country with as much "diversity" (I hate that word these days) as others. The racism in YOUR country is aimed at the demographics that are commonly interacted with. The racism that is experienced in a place like America is broadly directed at a wider range of races because there simply ARE more races. It is also worth noting that there is a distinction between holding prejudiced views and stereotypical beliefs and being a SUPREMACIST which is like, the highest form of racism.
    Okay, so take Europe as example then, poles and romanians are white. Poles and romanians often face hate and discrimination due to being poles and romanians. What gives? It's not solely about race.

That's cultural discrimination. They hate each other because of tribalism. That's not racism.
    Racism includes hatred and discrimination on the basis of ethnicity too though. It's not solely about race.