Poll: Will you buy/play the necromancer?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll buy and try to wait until season 11 starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

I'm going to get it. Seems a fair price. It does seem though rust it was originally 20 but community backlash and all
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Your post convinced me to NOT buy this pack.

I prefer real new contents (such as a new act) than a new class/hero.
    It is so "cheap" to add a new class/hero and call it new content.

There is very little enjoyment to replay the old content.
    Plus there is no real reason to give us so little storage to start with.
    It seems to me you made your decision before this post. That said, Blizzard has already done this with their other products. They sell mounts and pets for World of Warcraft for $10 - $20+, they sell co-op Commanders for Starcraft II for a similar price, the heroes in Heroes of the Storm, etc. You buying (or not buying) the Necromancer won't change what they're already committed to doing.

Problem is, the business model of the game. ANY game requires more money to churn out more content - that's the reason why expansions and DLCs are not free (though there's a lot more to discuss about and i don't want to enter the snakes den).

All other blizzard games have basically a steady revenue - WoW with subscription and all the others F2P with microtx; OW is B2P with optional cosmetic microtx; Starcraft is B2P with again cosmetic microtx BUT all "official" content (campaign) is tied to base game and expansions, which are all B2P.

D3 is the only game that is flat B2P and gave us the content for Vanilla and RoS, with some more stuff added over time for free. It was only a matter of time that the flow would dry up.

If Necro proves to be a successful way to get revenue via class DLCs, then they could start churning out new content again.

Anyway, my personal opinion is that all we've seen over these years are most stuff scrapped from the second expansion that has been sent down the drain, and given how D3 is on a skeleton crew AND we've multiple new job postings for a new Diablo game, well, i don't think we will see anything anymore, excluding balance patches or some minor stuff over time.

- - - Updated - - -

This video imho sums pretty much everything a lot of people is saying - even in this thread. There's no need to fully agree or even partially, but i think Rykkher points out pretty well the more or less common opinion on the Necro.

Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    If they properly adjust the price... Sure.

If they pull that $15=£15 then no. If they adjust properly and it's £10/12 then probably, yeah.
    Gonna gripe over a 3.16 difference? I mean, you gotta remember they are based here in the USA so therefore costs them additional money to host servers close to you so you don't lag. They need to make that additional money up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Gonna gripe over a 3.16 difference? I mean, you gotta remember they are based here in the USA so therefore costs them additional money to host servers close to you so you don't lag. They need to make that additional money up somewhere.
    Indeed. £3 to me is like A big bottle of Pepsi and maybe a couple of bags of Haribos.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nope. I have no desire to return to D3, necromancer or not. If it was free i would probably try him for hour or two and get bored. But no way in hell im gonna pay 15$ just to do that.
    $15 is not that much for a couple hours of enjoyment. Think how much you would spend if you went to a movie theater to watch a movie, which is likely less than two hours, or how much you would spend if you went out to a bar/club for a couple hours, or renting a table at a pool hall for a couple hours, or any other task. $15 for at least 2 hours of entertainment, possibly more, is not really all that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    5 bucks would be a more adequate price.
    So what gaming companies financial division do you work in to make that determination?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    $15 is not that much for a couple hours of enjoyment. Think how much you would spend if you went to a movie theater to watch a movie, which is likely less than two hours, or how much you would spend if you went out to a bar/club for a couple hours, or renting a table at a pool hall for a couple hours, or any other task. $15 for at least 2 hours of entertainment, possibly more, is not really all that bad.
    Its not about amount hours, its about quality of those hours. Its like saying that 100$ worth of iron rations is greatest food ever because its gonna last you for long.

Also, given what you can get for 15$ on steam (especially during sale) this kind of DLC really isnt all that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That's fine, different strokes for different fokes. Its value per dollar is also higher then a lot of other forms of entertainment as well.

Even more so when in just a couple day's the Steam Sell is going to happen.

My comment was that I am tired of the "Its cheaper then the Cinema" argument. When going to the Cinema isn't the only thing u can do with $15.
    It may not be the only thing you can do, but it is something nearly a third of Americans do at least 2-3 times per year.

I expected $20 dollar for the pack, which while overpriced, is expected from Blizzard.

So I'm actually pleasantly it's actually $15 bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

So what gaming companies financial division do you work in to make that determination?
    I didnt see the other stuff but considering what you get mostly comes down to Necromancer with other shit added to accomodate for the price then 5 bucks for a class seems ok but with all the other shit added 10 bucks would be what I would pay at most, Especially considering I can get 8 hours of entertainment for that price but with necromancer i can get like about 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I didnt see the other stuff but considering what you get mostly comes down to Necromancer with other shit added to accomodate for the price then 5 bucks for a class seems ok but with all the other shit added 10 bucks would be what I would pay at most, Especially considering I can get 8 hours of entertainment for that price but with necromancer i can get like about 15 minutes.
    It takes about 1.5-2 hours for even the pros to get to max level. So that 15 minutes isn't even gonna give you the full picture of the class. Just getting it to 70 is gonna be at least 90 minutes, then if you spend some time farming at max level, it's even more than 15 minutes. So I don't buy that you'll only get 15 minutes of entertainment out of it, unless you just don't like D3 at all, at which point I have to consider if your opinion even matters.

Buying it say one, but won't actually play otside of some screwing around until new season.

I wasnt even considering lvling stuff, since I was just considering my interest in the class and how Rarely I play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I fully expect this to happen:

• My nostalgia for the necromancer will overtake me. I will purchase the DLC for $15.
    • I will log into D3.
    • Realize I'm playing D3.
    • Log out.
    • Wait for my friends to get online to powerlevel my Necromancer, then get boosted.
    • Play a few rifts with the Necro.
    • After about 40mins say "that's cool"
    • Log out of Diablo 3 until 2021.
    This is literally exactly what I do everytime something major happens in D3. I will be doing this again too. Lol
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    It the new class was Druid instead of Necro (which seems too close to Witch Doctor) I would. Guess I will wait till the remaster of D2
    It's really not, though. I thought the same thing, until I actually played it, in the beta - it's not a witch doctor at all. It has it's own feel to it. It's a fun class to play. It's not D2 Necro, although it has some carry-over, it has it's own personality and playstyle. I don't like Witch Doctor, I leveled one and forgot it, this is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    It's really not, though. I thought the same thing, until I actually played it, in the beta - it's not a witch doctor at all. It has it's own feel to it. It's a fun class to play. It's not D2 Necro, although it has some carry-over, it has it's own personality and playstyle. I don't like Witch Doctor, I leveled one and forgot it, this is different.
    Buuuuuuut... DRUID

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laumotor View Post
    If this nerco pack is very successful I think blizzard's marketing will continue this strategy on other product like wow add a new hero class and ask for 15usd,starcraft add some new troops ask for 15usd,overwatch add a new hero ask for 15usd,and this kind of strategy will making more money than launching a new expansion.
    Why would you possible think that hearthstone makes them the most money ad there are no pack openings in Starcraft or wow.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know there adding like 3 new areas with the necromancer for free right? And a new rift thing it's not like it's only the necro every thing else is just free.

yeah it will be fun for a week or so. $15 for a week of gameplay seems fine to me. ive had worse deals LOL

No. As much as the class might be an incentive, and I really want to. At the core it's still diablo 3, and I'll play it for a week or two, then get insanely bored of the same shit I've done since day 1. Until they change things up a little- gameplay wise, I'll hold onto my money until there's more things to do than rifts.