the more i go through the areas the more the dual landmass zones of stormblood really remind me of Outland and my BC days.

Those DPS spots are about what I expected other than MCH and DRG. BRD makes sense because of its massive amount of utility. Red Mage I think is a bit too high considering how insane their mobility is compared to the other two casters.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Seen on reddit -snip-
    Without context, I can't see that being the case at all. Black Mages might have huge theoretical DPS, but when it comes to movement they can really suffer, where as Machnists and Bard can keep shooting no matter what.

We're also less than a day into the official launch, I'd expect any under performers to be getting buffed and over performers to be getting toned down when the dust settles and patches start happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say that expansion launched nicely - raid-team lost healer yet another member, healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Those DPS spots are about what I expected other than MCH and DRG. BRD makes sense because of its massive amount of utility. Red Mage I think is a bit too high considering how insane their mobility is compared to the other two casters.
    RDM is high outta all the dps they rank 4th. Dunno what to expect from this when 4.1 launches and everything settles a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Can't say that expansion launched nicely - raid-team lost healer yet another member, healer.
    Why are they leaving? Launch issues?

RDM is high outta all the dps they rank 4th. Dunno what to expect from this when 4.1 launches and everything settles a bit
    Yeah. I can see them being toned down if these mobile heavy fights continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Alright, I've got a fox pup. We're all good here!
    Are we all good here? I think not.
    Spoiler: 

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are they leaving? Launch issues?
    Not a word, simply packed up and transfer'd.

I do know that some FC-members have transfer'd away for lower populated servers because of launch issues. Sadly, even those have mostly left silently, but can't hide from Lodestone profile update.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I wish I could play further but I made the mistake of going to Quarrymill on Odin and am now locked out =(
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2017-06-21 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Spoiler: 
    Why must you torture the poor guy (?).

15+ Year Old Account
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

10+ Year Old Account
    Why must you torture the poor guy (?).
    I did Shinryu two hours ago. I'm still nuts after it. (Plenty of wipes due to horrendous timing of abilities and mechanics)
    Or fish, as that is what Otters eat.

Edit: Forgot spoiler tag.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2017-06-21 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Spoiler tag

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Without context, I can't see that being the case at all. Black Mages might have huge theoretical DPS, but when it comes to movement they can really suffer, where as Machnists and Bard can keep shooting no matter what.

We're also less than a day into the official launch, I'd expect any under performers to be getting buffed and over performers to be getting toned down when the dust settles and patches start happening.
    The context is SSS Susano EX dummy. So yeah.. no movement. I don't expect SAM to really change in a real fight. RDM will look better. Like you said... BLM will look worse but I don't see anything making machinist look better.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Feel the same way, something that's a core role ability, like condition removal, should be automatic. Not a 'choice' to take.
    This is the most baffling of the role abilities. I'd say rampart and provoke fall in the same category for tanks. When would you not take those two? Maybe drop provoke if you never do anything past dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Ironically enough, most of the salt now from the healers I see emanates from SCH. MP management is actually a thing now, among other things (actual SCH players feel free to correct me and/or elaborate if desired).
    Sort of, I haven't really gone OOM provided I don't go full retard and aoe heal all the time. Every healer has lucid dream now which is pretty much a requirement. We have the same regen as WHM bar the RNG portion to our reduce aetherflow cooldown at 68 and energy drain. So not really the same... but whatever. WHM gets lilies and AST still has their card. SCH still is the most flexible due to energy drain and all our aetherflow skills are free mana cost.
    The big noted difference though we have is still energy drain, which is more of a decision making thing than a guaranteed mana regen. Energy drain gives us back 2x our physick cost which does add up if you do it a lot of times.

However SCH's DPS got a severe nerf bat on the DoT side of things which makes their dmg/mp a lot lower. Instead of 4 low(er) cost DoTs we're reduced down to 2 dots. DPS wise we're missing about 20 potency/gcd from our previous set up, but mp consumption goes up due to the more use DD spells.
    Bio was 240 per cast which is now gone, and current DD is 230 per cast, so that's 10 off. Other we're missing is 100% uptime of shadowflare, culminating in 250 per cast. Shadowflare now is 5 ticks 50potency per tick for 15s every minute, so we've lost an entire 30s of old shadowflare damage worth. Biggest problem with the no 100% upkeep shadowflare is no perma slow which can affect damage taken by tanks. Aero is off the list due to only being 200 damage per cast which now doesn't exist but still worthless nonethless. Energy drain is still the same.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-06-22 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    However SCH's DPS got a severe nerf bat on the DoT side of things which makes their dmg/mp a lot lower. Instead of 4 low(er) cost DoTs we're reduced down to 2 dots. DPS wise we're missing about 20 potency/gcd from our previous set up, but mp consumption goes up due to the more use DD spells.
    Bio was 240 per cast which is now gone, and current DD is 230 per cast, so that's 10 off. Other we're missing is 100% uptime of shadowflare, culminating in 250 per cast. Shadowflare now is 5 ticks 50potency per tick for 15s every minute, so we've lost an entire 30s of old shadowflare damage worth. Biggest problem with the no 100% upkeep shadowflare is no perma slow which can affect damage taken by tanks. Aero is off the list due to only being 200 damage per cast which now doesn't exist but still worthless nonethless. Energy drain is still the same.
    You really do notice the damage nerfs as SCH, when it comes to AoE especially. The indirect damage nerfs add up too, most notably the Fairy healing being reduced. It's definately down on what it was, forcing you to heal more resulting in less DPS overall. The increased MP costs mean you've got to reign in your damage to keep your MP bar high enough.

The worst change though is that it feels like you've gone back to level 20. You're throwing up 2 DoT's and spamming Ruin again. Summoner feels just as bad, if not worse. Sure, Bahamut looks cool, but the bulk of the actual play is pressing one button for 30 seconds, reapplying DoT's and repeating. It would have been a great opportunity to remove some of those useless skills (disipation) and replace them with something fresh, but Squenix seem to have focused their efforts on the wrong set of skills to prune.

Finally 100% cleared Azim Steppe, so to do that and ruby sea was about 12 hours each including dungeon ques. If its the same for them all thats like a 60 hour levelling story which is pretty long for a modern day mmo expansion in my experience.
    Or RDM just quests slow as molasses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Or RDM just quests slow as molasses.
    Hah, try AST. Killing anything takes years - just spamming Malefic III and refreshing Combust II.

On other hand, they struggle to kill me as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    You really do notice the damage nerfs as SCH, when it comes to AoE especially. The indirect damage nerfs add up too, most notably the Fairy healing being reduced. It's definately down on what it was, forcing you to heal more resulting in less DPS overall. The increased MP costs mean you've got to reign in your damage to keep your MP bar high enough.

The worst change though is that it feels like you've gone back to level 20. You're throwing up 2 DoT's and spamming Ruin again. Summoner feels just as bad, if not worse. Sure, Bahamut looks cool, but the bulk of the actual play is pressing one button for 30 seconds, reapplying DoT's and repeating. It would have been a great opportunity to remove some of those useless skills (disipation) and replace them with something fresh, but Squenix seem to have focused their efforts on the wrong set of skills to prune.
    Biggest issue with SCH is as you said their aoe got nerfed way down to the ground due to the lack of triple dot and then the damage reduction. They probably could've just done with no damage reduction since it already got a 30% damage reduction without the 3rd dot. Technically the most efficient aoe still but that's not really saying much. Admittedly they were way way too strong AoE back then but I feel like this may have been a bit too overboard, granted most job's aoe were nerfed to the ground.

The fairy heal really depends on how you go about it since we have aether pact does lend us a bit better MP management than most classes. Admittedly we were very very broken on the MP front in HW and ARR, and we still have the advantage compared to the other two unless all the ASTs does is plop the restore buff on themselves but that's a bit of a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Spoiler: 
    Technically I need one more stone for the housing fox too...

Sadly the fox ears look silly with cat ears behind them. Why couldn't you have simply given me a fox race, Yoshida? Just "they're miqo'te, but with fox ears/tails!" would have been enough. Instead we get the wolf men who look alright and have tails that would have made fine fox people. *shakes fist in the air*

YOOOOSHIIIIIDAAAAAAAAA!

Has anyone figured out where Odder Otter is from anyway?