Thread: ToS logs

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ToS logs

I know its just the first day, but - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13
    Well, at least Surv Hunters are below us

You forgot WW monks.

Are you surprised? our tier bonuses are garbage and we got our cleave legendary nerfed by 50% and there is a lot of cleave in Tomb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Doesn't look good but to be fair DH really benefit from knowing timings/ the encounters properly so we know when and were to pop meta and get full use from it.. next couple of weeks will give a better idea of were DH are..

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    Doesn't look good but to be fair DH really benefit from knowing timings/ the encounters properly so we know when and were to pop meta and get full use from it.. next couple of weeks will give a better idea of were DH are..
    Demon hunters are one of the least dependent on learning fight timing, we get to stay on the boss the whole time, our rotation is extremely simple, our cooldowns are ~2 minutes, and they're one of the highest DPS classes there is for learning a fight.

What were going to see over the next couple of weeks is that other players figure out fight timing, demon hunters are going to get even worse.

The dream of not being shitty for ToS is dead.

Edit: also, most of the guilds that have cleared the later bosses already are guilds that have cleared 10/10m, and have extensive testing on PTR - meaning their players generally dont suck.

The more I look at it the more I'm worried about how fucking awful Demon Hunters are looking right now. 10% nerf to chaos strike crit when we lose our NH 4 set isn't gonna help us either.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Demon hunters are one of the least dependent on learning fight timing, we get to stay on the boss the whole time, our rotation is extremely simple, our cooldowns are ~2 minutes, and they're one of the highest DPS classes there is for learning a fight.
    Agree on almost everything but this.
    We are SO dependent on learning times/fights properly. If you use cds on the wrong time lapse/enermy you are screwed log-wise, even though I agree your rotation helps on these first pulls.
    TL;DR one of the easiest to learn fights and survive with but not so true for parsing.

Not enough players with tier set to actuall gbet any meaningful numbers.
    That said, it's not looking great for melee this tier.

If they want to keep the Nurf to the legendary bracers that's fine but they should really un-nurf Chaos Blades. our DPS without buffs is perhaps the worst in the entire game and we rely on burst windows to keep it up. Getting out mastery back to what it was (with the now nurfed Dinnerbell) would probably put us back to upper mid-tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I don't see how a buff to Blade Dance is going to suddenly make DHs competitive, but I guess we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely miss the buffed moargs when 50% applied to first target.

Quote Originally Posted by cafecito820 View Post
    I don't see how a buff to Blade Dance is going to suddenly make DHs competitive, but I guess we'll see.
    The tier set is a joke, we are already stacking 50+% crit this is just more crit on our blade dance and forces us to use first blood talent >.>

Quote Originally Posted by yarafx1 View Post
    The tier set is a joke, we are already stacking 50+% crit this is just more crit on our blade dance and forces us to use first blood talent >.>
    This ^

It's not even good. Like the % increase for T19 4 pieces is about the same as T20 4 pieces so it will not make a huge difference.
    There is a table regarding % increases around the DH discord, just look it up.
    Stupid tier is stupid. WTB wrist un-nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2 lock specs that got a 5% nerf that caused many a butt-hurt lock to cry about it on the forums are at the top 2 spots... GG. Should have been 10% nerf.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Achie View Post
    This ^

It's not even good. Like the % increase for T19 4 pieces is about the same as T20 4 pieces so it will not make a huge difference.
    There is a table regarding % increases around the DH discord, just look it up.
    Stupid tier is stupid. WTB wrist un-nerf.
    I honestly wonder if it'd be worth just using non-set pieces with Crit instead of set pieces without it.

Remember when Demon hunters were good at AoE, and particularly burst AoE?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2037

Literally dead last. Getting beaten by survival hunters. A top 90% demon hunter will be beaten by a bottom 30% boomkin.

You could not make this shit up.

My hope is that blizzard will recognize that havoc demon hunters are literally the most popular class/spec out there and do some retuning.

My expectation is that we should plan on gripping the table hard and biting a wooden spoon so we don't accidentally bite off our tongue, because I expect blizzard to go in hard with a cactus.

If they revert literally every change they made at the end of PTR concerning our tier, bracers, and demon blades, we'd probably be solidly midpack.

Funny thing - at the start of NH I rolled from Firemage to DH, because Firemages sucked hard. It seems now its time to roll back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    If they revert literally every change they made at the end of PTR concerning our tier, bracers, and demon blades, we'd probably be solidly midpack.
    Very unlikely. What we can expect at the beginning of Mythic ToS week is something like 3% buff to all abilities - wont change anything actually - from bottom we will move to mid-bottom. Best hopes for 7.3 8-)

Funny thing - at the start of NH I rolled from Firemage to DH, because Firemages sucked hard. It seems now its time to roll back
    Not that this should surprise you, but the Mage forums would tell you to stay put, ESPECIALLY if you're thinking of playing Fire:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2240425-How-is-Fire

And after next balance patch what you will reroll? Dat FOTM jumpers, had some in guild, switched mains 3x and sucked on all 3. Seems they were not OP enough
    to give them top in meters.

its just incredibly frustrating to parse 90+ percentile on a fight and be 7th through 12th against people pulling 20-40. Also as for cleave and aoe I think with the bracers nerfed we can finally look at some tuning for what we have, to maybe cap some of the burst and add some sustained. For something that use to be the strongest demon hunter selling point, we've become quite bad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    tier has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Most people aren't even using the new tier, none the less have gotten 4p yet. And tier for DH is low compared to other specs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...SWRLyc/pubhtml