Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Here's why you should care about Australia of all countries having an unfavorable opinion; the Australian government has been one of the United States' staunchest allies since World War II, to the point at which it entered Vietnam despite having no compelling reason to do so - and this in spite of vehement public complaining about that close relationship.

But apparently your goal is to alienate any and every allied nation and drive them towards the other center of gravity in international politics, so.
    Lol no.

I value their good relations, that doesn't mean that we should take their opinions into consideration when we are formulating government policy or how we vote.

The AU has also produced folks like yourself who have the audacity to come to the U.S., take advantage of our opportunity and hospitality, then spit on our collective faces by propagating hatred of the American people as a whole, and favoring far far leftist authoritarian forms of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Why? I am sorry to inform you, but this pretending to grand stand wins absolutely no battles, it is weak and stupid. Especially when it comes to doing towards people that started off on it.
    So not calling people petty names= grandstanding to you? I thought, in a civil debate, people didn't resort to "name calling." In fact, children are known for name calling.

I would like to keep the debate to ideas. People have become way too uncivil in this country and it is counter productive. We will never get anywhere like that, we have to try to do a little better than we have been doing.

But hey- if that is too much "grandstanding" for you, then stick to calling people childish names, what can I tell you....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Yeah they probably polled Melbourne which needs a wall around it for the good of the country.

Up here in queensland where we have less than a fraction of the problems that Sydney and Melbourne have, most people are mostly for Trump. Our media shits all over him of course since much of it is 'partnered' with their American counterparts for news sources.
    As evidenced by your election of one of the most corrupt and despotic Premiers Australia has ever seen.

But hey, gotta elect the Liberals to keep the curtains from fading, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Lol no.

I value their good relations, that doesn't mean that we should take their opinions into consideration when we are formulating government policy or how we vote.

The AU has also produced folks like yourself who have the audacity to come to the U.S., take advantage of our opportunity and hospitality, then spit on our collective faces by propagating hatred of the American people as a whole, and favoring far far leftist authoritarian forms of government.
    Sort of the visceral reaction seeing the ugly face of American politics up close inspires, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    So not calling people petty names= grandstanding to you? I thought, in a civil debate, people didn't resort to "name calling." In fact, children are known for name calling.

I would like to keep the debate to ideas. People have become way too uncivil in this country and it is counter productive. We will never get anywhere like that, we have to try to do a little better than we have been doing.

But hey- if that is too much "grandstanding" for you, then stick to calling people childish names, what can I tell you....
    You are essentially saying to not do the very thing that the elected president did; I mean I am failing to see the logic here, because clearly it would indicate that grand standing isn't worth anything.

Anyways, I've never called Trump or for that matter anyone any names. I have two words that I need to call someone that used to be enough to indicate that they aren't worth any notion, unprofessional and incapable, but conservatism is dead so honestly I don't care anymore.

Funny Australians are way more racist and xenophobic then we are. Where's the poll in that? Secondly their parties are way more extreme then ours. Thirdly Who pays a island country to hold illegal immigrants simply because their crossing waters I say that's a waste of Australian tax dollars. And finally who cares what they think,what good does Australia bring to us I haven't seen an ostrich egg in my super market in New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    It's a cycle. People repost mainstream media articles that are clearly biased and misleading. Go visit r/politics and take a gander. Go look at twitter trending and how they have edited pro-Trump trends. Same with facebook. How do you not see a correlation between what American's are spoon fed and what is popular on social media?
    The most significant correlation i see is between what bullshit you eat and the average consumer/voter eats which resulted in people like you electing an moron that not only has zero clue how NAFTA/TPP work, but incites morons like yourself against it using low IQ populist rhetoric, and thinking that any person who thinks that the real unemployment rate is anywhere from 26/46% is a man worth entrusting with running the Executive branch. It's okay though a "good businessman" who threaten legal actions against extort small actors and manipulates bankruptcy law to preserve his own wealth is a person we want to lead out nation.

But I guess that has nothing to do with me being a major in economics and I must be just a leftist shilll.

(Infracted) - Minor Flaming
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-22 at 12:57 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    How does what he says stack up to "I grab them by the pussy?" and calling mexicans rapists?

No, they aren't. That you hold the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES to the same standard as some random person on the internet only shows that you've let those standards slide.

Why? Probably because you don't want to face up to the fact that you have to tacitly support what he says to save face.

And what ideas has Trump proffered, exactly? His campaign was entirely gossip and innuendo.

I mean ideas that HAVEN'T been shot down in courts of law for being unconstitutional.

But hey, if you want a quick break down:

1) The Muslim ban is religious discrimination that absolves Muslim countries with major economic ties and punishes those that aren't and is entirely a token gesture to convince people not paying attention that "Trump is doing something about terrorists"

2) The wall is a complete farce of an election promise and would cost tens of billions of dollars to NOT fix a problem he's blowing way out of proportion anyway

3) Trump's healthcare law would kick millions of people off of insurance and provide no alternative and is done entirely as a measure to spite Obamacare

4) Trump's behavior on twitter and in speaking, both in his constant flip-flopping of what he says and rejection of facts (how many people were at his inauguration, again, hmmm?) and in sheer attitude, is complete unbecoming of someone who wants respect for anything they say or think, let alone someone who's the president of the united states

How's that for a brakedown?

And you know what? Anyone paying an IOTA of attention isn't even remotely surprised by ANY of this.
    What does all that have to do with Australia?

This is a thread about Us/ Australian relations, think you lost track of that (focus up!).

All those other things you mentioned have been debated ad nauseum in other threads on this very forum and I would refer you to those threads if you want to rehash it. I think it has been done to death, so I am not going to beat a dead horse (and if i wanted to talk about those topics- I would just actually go to those threads, instead of an unrelated one).

Not only that but you are going all the way back into the election, which has also been debated ad naseum but there is one thing.

The election is over, move on. Holding on won't really help.

As for Trumps' grab the p remark. I actually find that less offense than Hillary calling half of the country "deplorables." That was just..... strange for someone who wanted to lead the country (and showed the liberal elitism clearly on display).

As for his "mexican rapists" comment. There are actually mexicans in jail in the US for rape. Facts can not be racist sorry. There are also rapist of all colors in jail and i would be down for deporting them too (if they aren't citizens), whatever country they come from. He never said "all mexicans are rapists" (that would be racist).

I find Hillary and The DNC referring to latino recruiting events as "taco bowls" much more offensive. The DNC?Hillary comment was actually racist (by definition), Trump's was based in facts that could be checked.
    So, if you want to debate ideas- make sure the facts are straight first.

As evidenced by your election of one of the most corrupt and despotic Premiers Australia has ever seen.

But hey, gotta elect the Liberals to keep the curtains from fading, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Sort of the visceral reaction seeing the ugly face of American politics up close inspires, I guess.
    Yet you stay.

It's a delicious hypocrisy, come to our country, work in our country, achieve some level of success, then bitch about how awful we are while advocating government changes that are contrary to our core values of individual liberty.

I mean, no one is forcing you to stay, if we are so horrible and our principals are not worth emulating, you could go back to your homeland.

Yet you stay.

It's a delicious hypocrisy, come to our country, work in our country, achieve some level of success, then bitch about how awful we are while advocating government changes that are contrary to our core values of individual liberty.

I mean, no one is forcing you to stay, if we are so horrible and our principals are not worth emulating, you could go back to your homeland.
    I don't know what is up with his hatred of the US.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...owy-poll-finds

Wouldn't surprise me to see Australian tourists to the U.S. be way down since his presidency.
    Another study shows the U.S. doesn't particularly care what other countries think of them. News at 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah, these growing hate crimes committed by the Left would put off some people from coming here.
    I wouldn't want to get shot by a deranged Bernie Bro or BLM terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    being critical =/= hating a country. but don't stress yourself out finding the nuances there.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Pretty sure Trump gives every country a negative view of the US. We elected a toddler in a perpetual temper tantrum.
    I had no idea you were the commander-in-chief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet you stay.

Being critical of a nation's flaws must mean I despise that country, obviously.

As I've said previously, the US is like a brilliant kid who's too busy trying to stick it to the man than invest in his future. A complete and utter waste of potential, which is immensely disappointing.

Moreover, if I did not believe society to be perfectible I would not be left wing.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I'm not sure how long you think the US can maintain its lead over China with a series of highly incompetent governments, but the answer is; not very long.
    Lead doesn't matter. As long as you got a button that rests civilization the game is a foot. I know you are trying to make me feel bad about China but they need our greed and consumption as much as we need their growth and production. As for people being political opposites and allied I see it happening in history but it usually ends like the German Russian agreement during WW2. Quick and bloody.

If I were you I would worry about about breeding since your people are even to lazy to do that sometimes and get a job or something. Your internet shit posts are weak as hell.

Yet you stay.

An individual's personal benefit under our economic regime has exactly fuck all to do with the fact that because of sycophants like yourself we under serve our least wealthy and give every advantage and priority to those with the most. Folks like yousrelf are the literal example of cutting your nose off to spite your face. You'd screw people out of 100000$ who actually could use the money and where honest people doing their best to contribute to fuck that one "welfare queen"/

Your idiotic non sequitor that doesn't alow for a person who can take issue with our society while at the same time live in it. Them personally benefiting form the system doesn't do anything to contradict form the point that the system is fucked up.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Nothing new.

At one point he advocated using eminent domain to forcibly remove people from suburbs and force them to live in inner city high rises.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You do realize that most other nations would be just fine, right?
    I know you think it's me that missed the point because you think you have a place. But truth is what I said is we don't give a fuck. Clearly you do becauses it's the lazy and useless of the world like you that are stuck hanging on momma Americas titty post about it all the time endlessly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new.

At one point he advocated using eminent domain to forcibly remove people from suburbs and force them to live in inner city high rises.
    I've since revised that opinion; I don't want midwesterners living anywhere near civilization.

And no, you took a quote out of context and repeated it endlessly in the vain attempt to prove yourself right. Which is amusing considering the whole Pelosi thing with Obamacare.

they should consider the fact that the US isn't fortunate enough to have mandatory voting like australia.

mandatory voting would have ensured trump's defeat, probably in the primaries.