Poll: What expansion do you think is most likely to take place after legion?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1,2, and 3 are the same thing. I expect to see najatar, nyalotha, and so forth during the next expansion. I don't expect argus as its own expac, despite @ravenmoon Fanboying over the shit. Argus is a fel-corrupted base, there's no need to make it its own expac. I could expect us to fight sargeras there, and then go to an expac where the final boss is either a Void corrupted azeroth, or N'zoth....simple...

I expect the Void Lords to die after 2-3 expacs, with a great time-leap during the last...

- - - Updated - - -

I can see WOW not dying anytime soon. Blizzard can make a million other threats greater than our current ones:

Besides, there's enough comic/fiction base material where blizzard can make some swell villains, wanna know who each WOW villain reminds me of:

Sargeras is Kind of Like Freeza (Or, Frieza, if you want to go funimation up in here), with a galactic army, destroying/conquering planets, and more....

The Old Gods seem to reference the Elder Ones From H.P Lovecraft...

Queen Azshara reminds me of a female cell...

Gul'dan reminds me of King Piccolo From DB, with Gokus mind, wanting more power each time he gets some....

The LK Reminds me of Sauron...

DeathWing Reminds me of Smaug....

And The Void Lords remind me of The Outer Gods From H.P Lovecraft...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    We can't deal with the legion if we only cover a part of Argus.
    I'm not sure how Blizzard can shoehorn one little patch with "dealing with the whole Legion." Sure you can cut the head off by killing off all the top leadership, but there are still countless worlds inhabited by countless demons, who even without direction are still pretty interested in general mayhem and killing. The idea that once KJ and Sarg are dead the Nathrezim are just going to sit around and scratch their buts is kinda silly.

The threat of the demons with or without the moniker of the Burning Legion should still pose a serious threat all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I'm not sure how Blizzard can shoehorn one little patch with "dealing with the whole Legion." Sure you can cut the head off by killing off all the top leadership, but there are still countless worlds inhabited by countless demons, who even without direction are still pretty interested in general mayhem and killing. The idea that once KJ and Sarg are dead the Nathrezim are just going to sit around and scratch their buts is kinda silly.

The threat of the demons with or without the moniker of the Burning Legion should still pose a serious threat all the time.
    That's a lot of speculation though. For all we know theres an artifact that enables us to capture them all. A demon Pokeball! No seriously it might just be more than killing off the leadership. Also it might just be a crippling blow large enough that will cause a chain reaction that enables us for them to be handicapped for a long time. Like 5-6 expansions away time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    I'll be seriously surprised if the next expansion isn't focused on the Old Gods. Especially since 4 of these 5 guesses are related to them.
    Yeah, that's my first thought as well. But when you look at it further you'll realize Blizzard likes to surprise.

Remember during Cataclysm and people were thinking the next expansion was going to be about the South Seas and the Naga? BOOM, Mists of Pandaria hit us.
    And remember during Mists of Pandaria and people were thinking the next expansion was going to be about the Burning Legion? BOOM, Warlords of Draenor hit us.

So now everyone is expecting something Old Gods, Naga, Void Lords themed. But what if Blizzard surprises us again? It's possible.

Personally, if they are going to have this xpac end with defeating the Burning Legion, which until about a year ago was the biggest threat in existence, I hope they go with a side story expansion like Mists was.

Whatever, happens after Legion is gonna be weird. If we defeat Sarg and then whatever comes next will eclipse the power that the Lord of Burning Legion displayed, is going to be off putting. Plus, when Legion is over we are gonna end up trashing our weapons of immeasurable power for some dull backscratcher that a kobold was to dig for worms, because it now is a more powerful weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Yeah, that's my first thought as well. But when you look at it further you'll realize Blizzard likes to surprise.

Remember during Cataclysm and people were thinking the next expansion was going to be about the South Seas and the Naga? BOOM, Mists of Pandaria hit us.
    And remember during Mists of Pandaria and people were thinking the next expansion was going to be about the Burning Legion? BOOM, Warlords of Draenor hit us.

So now everyone is expecting something Old Gods, Naga, Void Lords themed. But what if Blizzard surprises us again? It's possible.
    Remember in the end of Warlords of Draenor when everyone thought the next expansion was going to be about the Burning Leg- Oh.

You're right, though, we might get a MoP/WoD kind of surprise.
    But if I'm going to make predictions, I'll stick to the Old Gods.

We could also get something that is a surprise BUT involves them in some way. Like the Zandalari or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Azshara and the Naga in general is that they don't hold enough to carry an entire expansion by themselves. Especially when you consider how immensely unpopular underwater zones and gameplay is within WoW (and most RPG games in general because of the 3D aspect of it).

If they introduce Azshara and her Naga into an expansion, I'd bet that she will only take up a raid tier and maybe 1 or 2 zones at most. Same as what they did in TBC with the Naga.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The only thing tying the Legion together is its leadership. Without Archimonde, KJ and Sarg, they'll likely fall back to infighting. Demons couldn't care less about tactics and strategy unless they're unified under somebody - without their leadership, they're perfectly content with just murdering each other on random planets. If we kill Sarg (or even just badly wound him), the Legion is basically done. Plus there's a good chance we'll be blowing Argus up right in his face (Illidan's destroy a planet before, so it's no stretch).

My money's on a South Seas/Old God expansion, like most. We've had enough hints at this throughout Legion that it's clear Blizzard is at least building to a plotline dealing with this stuff, even if it doesn't turn out to be an entire expansion. If the Legion is defeated in this expac, though, then building up the Void Lords in-game is the next logical step.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Old God or Void Lord would be the most interesting and fit in the best thematically.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

No but chronicles made it clear that without the Eredar the demons would rather fight among themselves with small incursions into the Universe more than uniting to fight the Universe. Even Sargeras alone didn't have the ability to control the Legion, which is why he went to the Eredar. Essentially while demons might come along and cause damage once every so often it would be more like collateral damage while different demons fight each other for fun and supremacy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    This time it's gotta be Corgis Unleashed. I can't wait any longer.
    Hello Corgi Island!

Im surprised to see so many people think that were going to kill Sargeras this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Im surprised to see so many people think that were going to kill Sargeras this expansion.
    I expect that we'll fight Sargeras, but he'll end up having a change of heart Algalon-style and decide that we may be able to protect Azeroth from the Void. Maybe he'll condition our survival on dealing with a certain Old God.

Next expansion is N'zoth and Azshara with a heavy water theme. Vashj'ir was a learning point for Blizz, so i don't expect all content to be underwater.

After that i assume they will build up the Void Lords so that the majority of the player base will realise them as the new main threat, not just the lore enthusiasts.
    I place my money on a Outland revamp expansion to bring the Void Lords into the villain pool. Its a unique landmass according to Lore and its the only place where a echo of the Void lords manifested....and was killed as a small quest.

The 3rd expansion after legion is to far away for me to speculate anything. But i would like to see the rise of the Lich Kings. Perhaps the Legion created more than 1? Those ice planets look suspicious from the Star Augur fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone assume we'll finish argus in one patch?

Just because we're going to argus in 7.3 doesn't mean we complete the planet then. It's an entire planet, who is home to the legions base of operations...

I'm starting to think argus will be a full xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Why does everyone assume we'll finish argus in one patch?

Just because we're going to argus in 7.3 doesn't mean we complete the planet then. It's an entire planet, who is home to the legions base of operations...

I'm starting to think argus will be a full xpac.
    I totally hope it will be an xpac

It's basically guaranteed Azshara/N'zoth this time. Way too many plot points, hints and easter eggs pointing at it throughout Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    I totally hope it will be an xpac
    Seconded, I can't imagine the world people devoid of all its natural life forms, maybe fel corrupted and twisted, but not void of other non-demonic life.
    And then the Eredar what have they been up to on their Homeworld? They made a pack with the Legion not to get wiped out, I would assume some of them continued to live as they were. Plus isn't the remaining Army of Light supposed to be there?

To many things to be summed up in one patch IMO, an introduction to a new world, yeah sure. But just a patch for Argus? That wouldn't do its justice, its been talked about way to much and hyped up even more through the course of World of Warcraft. If its just one battlefield, one raid, I'd be disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    It's basically guaranteed Azshara/N'zoth this time. Way too many plot points, hints and easter eggs pointing at it throughout Legion.
    While that's true, there still alot to do with the Legion and the Army of Light

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    To many things to be summed up in one patch IMO, an introduction to a new world, yeah sure. But just a patch for Argus? That wouldn't do its justice, its been talked about way to much and hyped up even more through the course of World of Warcraft. If its just one battlefield, one raid, I'd be disappointed.
    And Sargeras is still absent. It would feel kinda underwhelming if we defeat him after just introducing him into the story.

Deleted
    I want new stuff, be it the other side of Azeroth or other planets and a bigger focus on our character's personal adventures rather than these big lore characters. They did try to do that in WoD but i'm not sure it was a complete sucess. There is one more i'd be ok wich would be a travel to the past with the big Kalimdor continent and the troll tribes. AKA a night elf and troll expansion.

But i think we should finish things with Azshara and N'zoth first, hopefully with a tinker class in there and dark ranger spec instead of survival and we'd be ready to discover new lands!