Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    and neither does lfr hold bis trinkets.

theres no logic behind it anymore.
    LFR has the same trinkets as the normal raid does. And they can proc to be Titanforged, which can bring them up to 940 I believe was what people were saying?

You're probably thinking of WoD, where they tried to change the trinkets to other, less powerful effects, but realized that was a mistake.

TBH at this stage the group finder is about as fast as LFR.

But you have to deal with the usual pug drama and bullshit. So two months is the perk you get for dealing with that crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How is it special treatment to want the same content at the same time as everyone else?
    This is the most hilarious thing I have ever read. You have the exact same content available to you as everyone. You are just choosing to limit yourself to 1 type of the content.

How is that fair at all really? You can get max ilvl gear from WQ's that require you to collect squirrel nuts. You can get max ilvl doing NM dungeons.

So its clearly not a issue with gear.

So why is LFR getting gated 2 months when ToS is already being cleared by pugs day 1 and heroic by guilds day 1. It makes zero sense and just shows blizzard is trying to please a few at the cost of many.

Before someone jumps in and just goes "go pug it scrub" or some shit. Those types of reply's are one of the many reasons people avoid LFG and Progression guilds.

At this point and with the current loot system gating LFR the way they do is not needed. My $15 a month holds the same value as anyone elses, So why must my content be gated 2 months to please a small minority.
    Your $15 a month pays for access to the servers, which you have been provided. They design the game how they see fit. How someone "feels" about it or thinks is fair is totally irrelevant.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    the whole concept of queueing ruins the point of an mmo imo.
    Doesn't instances even existing ruin the point of MMOs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I haven't done LFR with my main outside of for a pair of transmog boots in Nighthold when my guild was on Mythic. I've got pretty much the same amount of legendaries as anyone else I play with, and more legendaries than the players I know who only do LFR. Does LFR have a chance at them? Sure, but evidently I've had a higher chance simply from doing higher difficulty content.

That being said, I wouldn't care either way since LFR doesn't affect my main. All the legendaries I've gotten on alts however, have come from emissary boxes and not LFR (which I run with alts for transmog at times).

At Heroic raiding levels, I'd argue that there's no such thing as gimping yourself. It's way below Mythic, and way WAY below raiding Mythic for rankings.
    LFR still increases BLP, as well as running normal, heroic, and mythic. If you're doing normal-mythic, it stands to reason you have more legendaries than people doing strictly LFR. Same principle as someone having more legendaries who continuously runs M+ vs someone who never touches them.

You are 100% correct.

There is Zero logcial reasons to gate LFR anymore.
    It's most likely gated this way because the people who only have time to run LFR are typically the people who want to run through, see the content and then dip out within a few weeks until more new content is released. It seems to me like its just a way to keep subscription numbers higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    LFR still increases BLP, as well as running normal, heroic, and mythic. If you're doing normal-mythic, it stands to reason you have more legendaries than people doing strictly LFR. Same principle as someone having more legendaries who continuously runs M+ vs someone who never touches them.
    I think I'm 1 leggo behind friends that spent the first months farming their eyes out in M+ though, but their numbers are inflated by leggos that they never use either way. My first leggo drops were BiS-status and I only did content I actually wanted to do.

If people run LFR for additional chances at leggos, that's their right. I just think it's overkill to do content you don't want to do in order to raid at casual levels.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-22 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

We have a winner!

There is nothing "massive" in the modern world about 10 to 25 people. Instanced dungeons actually remove any opportunity for an encounter to actualy be considered massive.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-06-22 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'd argue no, since MMO's have had instanced content for as long as I can remember, it's a part of them. The MMO-part stands for there always being a massive amount of people online to play with, it doesn't specifically argue that you should always be playing with all of them and everything needs to always happen with all of them involved.

That's my interpretation of the concept at least. And I don't know about everyone else, but I'd consider it "massive" to be doing something with 10+ other people at the same time if going by real life. I can barely stand being out with more than 3 people that I know IRL before I feel like I'm being stretched thin trying to interact with them all equally.

I think that forming bonds with a portion of the playerbase and the quality of social interactions is the key, not having a bunch of strangers attack a big creature.

I think I'm 1 leggo behind friends that spent the first months farming their eyes out in M+ though, but their numbers are inflated by leggos that they never use either way. My first leggo drops were BiS-status and I only did content I actually wanted to do.

If people run LFR for additional chances at leggos, that's their right. I just think it's overkill to do content you don't want to do in order to raid at casual levels.
    While I agree with your last statement, I was stating this from a mythic progression raider standpoint. I should have conveyed that better.
    The first part shows a disparity with the system though, as your 1st legendaries were your BiS. While some specs aren't as reliant, others were and people farmed anything they could in an attempt to get BiS to not feel as a hindrance to their raid. Personally, I didn't get BiS for any spec until about 2-3 months ago, and I felt like shit while raiding.

God forbid I have to work and then only have an hour and a half a night to play. LFR is meant for people like me. My schedule is sporadic and I might not have time to finish in a NM PUG. You people who complain about LFR are rediculous, you don't have to do it so STFU. I'm Jewish, I don't eat pork, should I complain about everyone else eating it and have it removed from the earth? Get a grip nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    God forbid I have to work and then only have an hour and a half a night to play. LFR is meant for people like me. My schedule is sporadic and I might not have time to finish in a NM PUG. You people who complain about LFR are rediculous, you don't have to do it so STFU. I'm Jewish, I don't eat pork, should I complain about everyone else eating it and have it removed from the earth? Get a grip nerds.
    And with the Premade Group finder you can work around your sporadic schedule. And even if you don't finish the raid you can still come back to it within the week.

All I said personally that Normal could serve a better purpose than LFR if it was baseline. I like LFR. But I believe that because Normal difficulty is essentially equivalent to 5.4 Flex and able to be pugged at your own time/pace that it could be baseline now or in the future.

I'd argue no, since MMO's have had instanced content for as long as I can remember, it's a part of them. The MMO-part stands for there always being a massive amount of people online to play with, it doesn't specifically argue that you should always be playing with all of them and everything needs to always happen with all of them involved. ... p
    This has always been a pretty good reason for why there should be more solo play too. Although to be fair, WoW is usually pretty decent with solo material (ignoring WoD).
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-06-22 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    Tbf, people with your exact limitations have cleared Normal by now through pugs and using the premade group finder.

Deleted
    The reason they stated was that "real" raiders might feel obligated to do lfr if it had a relevant chance for upgrades, this holds true now especially with titanforging.

Stopped here this isn't a argument, If you are a Mythic raider u don't need LFR.
    Oh, so the 20+ splitruns of Dragon Soul LFR we did on patch day, back when I did hardcore raiding (not quite the insane level of world first raiding but right behind them), were completely useless? You know, when the first wing of LFR opened the same week as normal (a week before heroic, at the time the highest level) and the second wing opened the week after.

All of the DS LFR kills I have on the hunter you can find from my signature are from the opening weeks of the LFR wings. First four bosses the week normal unlocked and the other four when second wing/heroic unlocked.

I'd also point out my Siege of Orgrimmar LFR stats (another tier I went very hardcore) but they seem a bit buggy and only show the few runs I did for the purpose of collecting the transmog set after patch 7.2 launched. Keep in mind, SoO used the delayed method of opening LFR wings like today's raids, and unlike Dragon Soul. Though to be fair, DS was the first raid ever to have LFR so it was a bit of a testing ground in many ways.

Man, I wish I had known LFR was useless for me as a hardcore raider. Could've avoided so many hours of farming it.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

7+ Year Old Account
    Delete LFR and Arena. They are all exploiters and bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    While I agree with your last statement, I was stating this from a mythic progression raider standpoint. I should have conveyed that better.
    The first part shows a disparity with the system though, as your 1st legendaries were your BiS. While some specs aren't as reliant, others were and people farmed anything they could in an attempt to get BiS to not feel as a hindrance to their raid. Personally, I didn't get BiS for any spec until about 2-3 months ago, and I felt like shit while raiding.
    Oh, I see your point and agree with it then. I also think it could've been handled by other means than perhaps outright stopping Legendary chances from LFR. Perhaps by locking players out of that chance once they'd done the content with higher chances? I dunno.

If the legendary system carries over into the next expansion, I sure hope they'll sort out the many issues. At this point in time, I'd be inclined to believe that the system won't be following us into whatever comes next. It shouldn't be the case that specs are reliant on random drop chances in order to reach their full gameplay potential in terms of mechanics. Whilst my first leggo drop was a BiS for one my then spec, I didn't have any of the good leggos for my other spec once it became stronger which felt like shit.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-22 at 12:44 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Stereotypical response. People just have this narrow minded view of people playing the game differently so does not deserve something.
    Its an MMO, suck it up snowflake. Play a single player game if you can't hang.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.