Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sargeras will revive them if he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    So both Kil'Jaden and Archimonde are finally dead? Sargeras is next then it seems
    Kil'jaeden, yes. Archimonde, maybe.

Velen drained his soul. Evil priest...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Sargeras will revive them if he wants.
    Can he? I would think he would have already done Archimonde if he wanted. Dont see why he would revive KJ as he decided to stop listening to Sarge.

i don't know if he is dead, but Argus looks cool.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The zone you actually fight him is the Twisting nether, from 100 to 0, cinematic just complicates things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Yes. One of the purportedly most cunning and intelligent villains in the WoW-verse thought it'd be a good idea to have a dogfight in one of the few places he could be permanently killed.
    Hubris will do that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Blizz couldn't bring him back 3 times, that'd be ridic
    As if that ever stopped Blizz...lol

K'J is gone for good so if Blizzard wants to continue with the Burning Legion story they need more leaders apart from Sargeras. I assume that is when Archimonde comes out. We don't surely know that he is dead as the two times that he "died" where in a cinematic and far away from the Twisting Nether. And about the Legion being just one in all realities... well that's a thing they will probably change as there are too many gaps for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else kinda shocked that Blizzard pulled a "twist" by actually permanently killing one of the big bads of Warcraft? And not just a big bad, the (argually) 2nd biggest villain? Kinda took me by surprise that we killed him in the Nether, but I actually really liked how it turned out. Bravo Blizzard.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    The zone you actually fight him is the Twisting nether, from 100 to 0, cinematic just complicates things.
    You arrive near Argus in P3 of the fight, you can see Argus behind you after the transition from Dark phase to the last phase. Cinematic doesn't complicate anything, he's still just as permanently dead as he would've been if it stayed inside the Twisting Nether as Argus is pretty much in the Nether territory. Obviously the zone stayed "Twisting Nether" on the minimap as changing it would actually require teleporting you around mid-fight rather than skybox illusions, but that's basically like Siege of Orgrimmar being called Siege of Orgrimmar even when you're killing the bosses in the Vale part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Didn't he die in the Great Dark Beyond instead of the Nether? That doesn't mean that he isn't dead?
    The zone name you fight him in for the whole time, including on the map is called "The Twisting Nether" so no its actually the nether he dies in.

The only acceptable answer to this question is "OMG, I sure hope so!". I'm tired of the merry go round theory of fighting bad guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt he'd have said what he did if he wasn't dead for good. Would be awkward to explain to Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    well if blood dk kills are canon then his soul is gone one way or another
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    K'J is gone for good so if Blizzard wants to continue with the Burning Legion story they need more leaders apart from Sargeras. I assume that is when Archimonde comes out. We don't surely know that he is dead as the two times that he "died" where in a cinematic and far away from the Twisting Nether. And about the Legion being just one in all realities... well that's a thing they will probably change as there are too many gaps for that.
    Debatable about Archimonde, on Mythic in the additional phase he does die in the Twisting Nether, now whatever mythic is canon or not is the question.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Deceiver.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    The Deceiver.......
    When he died, this is literally what I was thinking, he didn't die, he just wanted you to think he was dead??? maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Is Archimonde really dead?
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 Kil'jaeden comes back next xpack as "the good guy"

Seeing how they created the cutscene its obvious they intended to be the final moments of Kil'jaeden and the last moment we see him in game. Shame.