249 67.30%
  • I really can't say.

65 17.57%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    There actually is quite a lot of harm. Mainly in the form of con artists who would be more than happy to exploit your unfounded beliefs to make a quick buck. People who believe in faith healing getting some con priest who will do all the woo woo rituals and be long gone with their money by the time the kid's dead for example. Though they usually target people afflicted with something that gets better on its own so they can claim a 100% success record.

Ghosts aren't immune to this, you've got "mediums" who claim to be able to speak to your dead relatives in exchange for a fee, of course. I even saw one on TV once, Long Island Medium?

Googled it, yep. It even takes place in "Hicksville", naturally.
    Yep. Sadly, there are always people willing to take advantage of people. And this is what they are doing if they are charging for it. I do not have much faith at all in these mediums.

These people caught proof of a ghost on their nanny cam.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Or maybe something is magic/supernatural, but you can't tell what is, because you understand the mechanics.
    This is contradictory.

Magic and the supernatural are directly un-natural. They are beyond the mechanics of the universe. There is no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    There actually is quite a lot of harm....
    Your conflating different things because of your own beliefs.
    Irony...it's for breakfast most days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is contradictory.

Magic and the supernatural are directly un-natural. They are beyond the mechanics of the universe. There is no such thing.
    Of course it is unnatural. And of course such may not or does not have to follow the physical world's laws. You are entitled to your opinion which is limited to what you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is contradictory.

I mean, have you seen how quantum mechanics work?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    men have always been scared by death. The idea of simply cease to exist seems unbearable for most. So much that they always felt the need to create afterlife theory to cope with the idea of dying.

Truth is, when you're dead, you're dead. There is no heaven to go to, no reincarnation waiting for you, and of course, there are no ghosts.

The concept of ghost, much like the christian's heaven, the Buddhist's reincarnation are simply defense mechanism of the human psyche that can't accept death.

Side note why would becoming a ghost be unnatural if it was indeed an existing part of reality? Assuming ghosts are real, they'd be a natural result of death. I don't believe in ghosts, or anything supernatural, the reality we have is more than exciting enough to study.
    I've had moments where I've seen things that could not be there, but then the brain is more than capable of doing that. I've had moments where I dream of events, and then they happen, imagination is practically infinite so capable of that and much more.
    Why no ghosts posting on the internet? They're meant to be able to interact with the physical world to an extent.. more than enough to fill up a forum of two.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm not trying prove anything, or convince anyone. And anyways, quite a few scientists think we could be living in a simulation, so it's not really that far-fetched of an idea.
    Refer back to my post about being in a box. Because the one you're responding to? Exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm not trying prove anything, or convince anyone. And anyways, quite a few scientists think we could be living in a simulation, so it's not really that far-fetched of an idea.
    Yes it is, simply for the implications behind the simulation idea.

The being who created it would be as close to a god as you could get, the ideas of "We are a simulation" is coming from the same place as "god prevents this, thats why it happens". We look for reason and understanding, even if the reason, we want to know why things happen, and will come up with reasons for it, thats why aliens, thats why ghosts, thats why god. Cause its incredibly scary to find something in our world and just say, "I dont know".

Yes I believe in ghosts since I've had sex with a ghost lady.

Very sexy ghost lady tbh, best sex ever

Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    Do you believe human beings exist beyond death and become "ghosts"? I have no way to universally phrase this...what do you think is beyond us IF you think there is something? I can't prove there isn't.

I am legit interested in what you think.
    No, but demons and demon hunters are.

It's not that I lack it. It's that I'm aware that there's a lot we just don't know. I'm open to a lot of ideas on what happens after "death", as well as different opinions on whether or not life truly is real and not some sort of computer program. I mean, think about it... if we were an advanced civilization living in a utopia, there wouldn't be any war, suffering, starvation or hardship. Maybe to experience these things we choose to enter a computer program and live a life of challenges. Sorta like The Matrix, minus all the robots. Maybe we just do it out of boredom. Who knows. Maybe "ghosts" are just another computer program made for our own entertainment.
    I think this video is appropriate response to it. It has been posted here before which is why I found it but that was like many years ago

Well, I'm certainly not close-minded, nor do I look to the supernatural to explain why things happen. Quite the opposite, actually.
    Well why believe in ghosts then? I mean it's just trying to use ghost as gap filler for some anectodal evidence you had when you can't explain it. Lot of the evidence for ghosts is like this. Then pretty much everyone who claims to have this evidence as presentable has never been able to do so in controlled enviroment. Any claims ghosts exist seem rather dubious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe in ghosts (i.e. disembodied consciousnesses of deceased human beings). I do believe in demons and fallen angels, however.

Deleted
    To conclude, more people on MMO-C need to learn how science works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was always sure that ghosts did not exist. And honestly I still leans towards them not existing, it always seemed like wishful thinking and all the times a ghost "appears" it can be explained through science.

But i had something happen to me that kinda got me thinking about this.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I was always sure that ghosts did not exist. And honestly I still leans towards them not existing, it always seemed like wishful thinking and all the times a ghost "appears" it can be explained through science.

But i had something happen to me that kinda got me thinking about this.
    It usually can make a person think different than they did before about a subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I mean, have you seen how quantum mechanics work?
    Yes. It does not support magic.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    Do you believe human beings exist beyond death and become "ghosts"? I have no way to universally phrase this...what do you think is beyond us IF you think there is something? I can't prove there isn't.

I am legit interested in what you think.
    I am aware that our awareness is entirely bound in our senses, and some people were just given better senses than others.

The ceiling tho is people uses their senses to hurt other people for their profit. No more trust. Just a race to get a better awareness.

The first step is to know this: knowing that a tyrannasaurus rex is a dinosaur is pointless. There's literally no actionable intelligence to that, and it's better such wasted information is maintained by a computer rather than implanted in your brainspace. But chances are, you're helplessly stuck knowing that fact!

The second step is to know that everything is just a persuasive argument. If I told you the earth was flat, I'd be correct... For about 10 meters around the average position, of course. pretty damn flat all around us, this earth under our feet for 100 meters out. I don't understand why everyone gets mad about that actual, very real truth. Maybe it's because their brains are trapped in the awareness of something they've been told, which is ALSO TRUE, but they've never experienced, that that planets are round spheres? Yes indeed, they're brains are no longer among us, in our local vicinity. That's how it works with a lot of shit. Everything actually, since this reality might not be what we think it is at all.

Finally, the key to actually increasing your actual awareness to actually transcend reality, is using tools. You'll never see the ultraviolet ink written on the wall (except for people with advanced vision, like they literally can just see the smudge displacement on the wall and their brain sees it as easily as we see the color of fire, it's effortless and called extra sensory perception) but with a tool you can. Can you think of a tool that increases your awareness? That's the key to increasing our REAL intelligence. Our actual awareness. If we don't have UV vision like that one lady they found in the UK with FOUR EYEBALL CONES, then we need a machine that can measure that wavelength and reconstruct an imagine in real time to see such things for us.

But, all those machines are built by liars anyway, like the oculus X, and all the "Good paranormal message" recorders like that one bitch and her husband, who claim to catch ghost messages we can't hear on their recorders to play them back, are just good ventriloquists whispering into the devices.

Long story short, it's all a lie and nothing is real, but it's extremely magical because we can't actually know for sure. I for one believe, when it's convenient, that we're inside a machine literally programmed to make us okay with our own death. This is because we were part of an advanced civilization who reached the heat-death of the universe and couldn't find a way around it, so they built a smaller universe immersion simulation that was even more paradise and fantastical, got inside it with only one minute of real universe juice left, then employed it to make that one minute of real universe juice last an eternity through time dilation and sensory input manipulation shit, so everyone literally has forever to make themselves okay with fucking dying to the heat death of the universe... At which point you're truly okay and really ready to die, so much so that even your subconscious won't fight it and respawn you in another lifetime without memory like a bhuddist reincarnation, when you truly truly ready..... The machine ejects you into the heat death of the universe so you actually die.

At first it was a paradise, with planets strewn all across the sky full of trillions of self-actualized Gods, but as we stretch that minute out more and more, even as people become aware and leave into heat death and no longer consume as much of the energy, the simulation we are in degrades to compensate. There's only one planet with a big reflective dust ball we "visited" in the sky, only a couple billions players left trying to make themselves okay with dying, getting dumber because slow degradation of self awareness is the only way, and without much juice left we've only gotten down to barely five senses now, and we deleted most of our memories because they're only painful to remember when we were gods in our own domain, fighting for dreams that are really just a little extra packet of power to make us happy, some fuckers learned to lucid dream so they suck up more energy getting what they want but it isn't really that much because it's not the real main frame data, other fuckers learn to hack hypnotize anyone dumb enough to try learning lucid dreaming using asmr and that's why they're trying to advertise lucid dreaming to people and now we're all slaves and don't even know it trapped in an even lower level skinner box that can only be escaped by staring directly at the sun but you've always been told not to do that even though we made a whole star trek episode to try and get to you, but that doesn't matter because we're really agreeing on the heat death simulation machine reality right now, etc....

And we won't know it when we lose our sense of smell, and odors are gone. We'll have "always been in a universe filled with the joy of sights, sounds, flavors, and feelings." It will be patched out along with the memory again, in and endlessly repeating process of degradation designed to simultaneously give us what we want, entertain us, and ultimately make us okay with dying, because the REAL heat death of our universe is only a nano-second away now, but we have forever, by our own design, to get ready to get ejected into it.

Long story short, no there's no such fucking thing as ghosts dumbass. Unless it's to entertain you.

EDIT: It took so long to write this the website signed me out. Usually I copy and paste to prevent information loss but forgot. I was going to just shrug and move on as usual, but for some reason all these written words were still present when I used the back page key. They usually disappear on page transition when redirected to login, as they were only temporarily written down.

I'm not sure if the design of the website has changed.... OR ITS GHOSTS TRYING TO GET THIS MESSAGE TO YOU!! !OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

EDIT 2: And again with the everything being everlasting immutable persuasion; What do you think is the fate of the beings who left this machine early and have already entered heat death? Maybe we're the ones left in an unfortunate dragon capture jar, and they're in the next higher after heat death reality building even more better things that meet and satisfy over nine thousand senses and can with their brains handle it as easily as we view an isometric 3d visual without even straining our brow, yet can't see us anymore the same way we can't see bacteria and wouldn't really care back before we had microscopes even though now it all seems to tie together, since wherever they are now they're literal neanderthals of the fifth dimension but still have it better than us the sex must be so great?
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2017-06-26 at 10:27 AM.