Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well, going off opening week but saying "HZD outsold botw" is a little disingenuous

The latest report from Zelda is 3.84 million (End of March) and the latest from Horizon is 3.4 million. (End of April)
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Well, going off opening week but saying "HZD outsold botw" is a little disingenuous

The latest report from Zelda is 3.84 million (End of March) and the latest from Horizon is 3.4 million. (End of April)
    What report are u looking at? Also I was talking about opening week....I wasn't talking about overall sells. If I was then Nintendo has outsold everyone with Wii sports.

Ether way this debate is quite pointless. Nintendo wouldn't have outsold Sony like I already said. Even more so when a bunch of games just got a price cut and a 1TB system was going for $250.

Sony has the current backlog to push sells, Nintendo doesn't.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-22 at 12:46 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

What report are u looking at? Also I was talking about opening week....I wasn't talking about overall sells. If I was then Nintendo has outsold everyone with Wii sports.

Ether way this debate is quite pointless. Nintendo wouldn't have outsold Sony like I already said. Even more so when a bunch of games just got a price cut and a 1TB system was going for $250.

Sony has the current backlog to push sells, Nintendo doesn't.
    http://kotaku.com/sales-numbers-for-...-of-1794696207
    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427e.pdf (Page 3)

http://www.dualshockers.com/horizon-...illion-copies/

Well yeah in first week Horizon was higher (though it did have like a 4 day head start for FW)
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/877695992744693761

Nintendo apologizes for Switch shortages, will have new units every week, and will be increasing shipments in July and August.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Nintendo apologizes for Switch shortages, will have new units every week, and will be increasing shipments in July and August.
    It's not like this has happened with all their products lately *cough*amiibo*cough*NESClassic*cough*

Maybe it's time to stop artificial rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's not like this has happened with all their products lately *cough*amiibo*cough*NESClassic*cough*

Maybe it's time to stop artificial rarity.
    But but but, they had to compete with big bad apple for parts for all those amiibos and nesclassics!

Apple has a monopoly on all manufacturing materials in the world, didn't you know?

I actually give them a bigger break on the amiibos then the nesclassic and switch situations. It's hard to tell how many mofos in the world want a damn marth figure, but it shouldn't be hard for their research department to figure out demand on hardware. Start preorders on hardware 6-8 months before launch if you want to judge demand, not 2 months.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-22 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    But but but, they had to compete with big bad apple for parts for all those amiibos and nesclassics!

Apple has a monopoly on all manufacturing materials in the world, didn't you know?

I actually give them a bigger break on the amiibos then the nesclassic and switch situations. It's hard to tell how many mofos in the world want a damn marth figure, but it shouldn't be hard for their research department to figure out demand on hardware. Start preorders on hardware 6-8 months before launch if you want to judge demand, not 2 months.
    I can't really give them a pass for the amiibos myself. Those things couldn't possibly be that expensive to produce. And there is a pretty big market for anime figures already (which is pretty much what amiibos are, but waaaaaay cheaper and with DLC attached to them). Plus, the first amiibos came out three years ago now. Between that and the anime figurine industry, it really shouldn't be THAT difficult for them to conduct market research for their toys.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I can't really give them a pass for the amiibos myself. Those things couldn't possibly be that expensive to produce. And there is a pretty big market for anime figures already (which is pretty much what amiibos are, but waaaaaay cheaper and with DLC attached to them). Plus, the first amiibos came out three years ago now. Between that and the anime figurine industry, it really shouldn't be THAT difficult for them to conduct market research for their toys.
    The opposite end of the amiibo spectrum shows them losing a lot of money on the Animal Crossing line by producing too many. No one wants them, and they been on sale for $1-2 multiple times.

Toys are pretty finicky, and those anime figures you mention regularly don't meet demand and end up on ebay for scalping.

Switches though? If you make too many, you simply stop making them like they did with the Wii U a few months into it's life. There is no risk to making "too many" except for having to pay to store them which isn't crazy costs or anything. Eventually you will sell off all of them regardless, just like they have pretty much sold all the Wii Us they produced. You're never going to be in a situation where you have to discount a Switch by 90% and no one still wants it like some amiibos ROFL.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-22 at 04:47 AM.

i dont think "not willing to take a loss" is the same as artificial shortage, if the price was right nintendo would make more, they dont want to lose any money, they want to be conservative and just make a profit.

thats not the same as going "we know more people want nes classics, but fuck you"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont think "not willing to take a loss" is the same as artificial shortage, if the price was right nintendo would make more, they dont want to lose any money, they want to be conservative and just make a profit.

thats not the same as going "we know more people want nes classics, but fuck you"
    Yea because all those people buying Switches without games are going to leave Nintendo at a deficit if the costs go slightly over

For example Sony was open about the PS4 at launch needing a game purchase and a PS+ sub to turn a profit. They could afford the very minor loss because... people... buy... games...

We're not talking an Xbox 360 or PS3 situation here where they where literally losing hundreds on each console sold.

Nintendo sold the Wii U at a loss for almost 2 years. Cry me a river if they start selling the Switch at a minor loss to meet demand.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-22 at 04:52 AM.

https://twitter.com/japanese3ds/stat...48333472653313

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 will be 900p docked. 60 fps in 1 on 1 battles, 30 fps otherwise.

Hopefully this doesnt mean shittier product. Everyone i know who bought a switch already has noticed none deal breaking but minor manufacturing faults. Mine has the seam between core unit pieces bend up a bit near the volume button and the left joycon wiggles back and forward on its rail, others have the copper heat sink wire being silghtly bent or buttons sticking a little. Nothing that impacts the hardwares performance but basic flaws when the parts where put together that should not have passed quality control.
    Like i said i cant complain since it doesnt effect anything, its a centimetre long, half millimetre peek of none seamless plastic join that does nothing. But if they are now making the same people that did that rush out units faster in greater numbers that might lead to a bunch of shittier 'second wave' switches.

https://twitter.com/japanese3ds/stat...48333472653313

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 will be 900p docked. 60 fps in 1 on 1 battles, 30 fps otherwise.
    And yet some people think The Switch can run Battlefield.....Rofl.

I dig the Xenoverse games, Happy those who wanted to try it but haven't can get it on The Switch if they want. Its pseudo-MMO setup is cool imo.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-22 at 02:19 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

And yet some people think The Switch can run Battlefield.....Rofl.

I dig the Xenoverse games, Happy those who wanted to try it but haven't can get it on The Switch if they want. Its pseudo-MMO setup is cool imo.
    Switch could run Battlefield. If they like heavily toned it down.

Remember the CoD games on Wii?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Switch could run Battlefield. If they like heavily toned it down.

Remember the CoD games on Wii?
    COD scales a lot easier to old hardware unlike Battlefield. There is a reason FIFA18 isn't running on Frost Bite on the Switch version.

But like I said cool that the game is on there. So those who like DBZ will have a game with nearly unlimited play time.

Hell when its like $15 or less I may grab the switch version just for the hell of it.

COD scales a lot easier to old hardware unlike Battlefield. There is a reason FIFA18 isn't running on Frost Bite on the Switch version.

But like I said cool that the game is on there. So those who like DBZ will have a game with nearly unlimited play time.

Hell when its like $15 or less I may grab the switch version just for the hell of it.
    The problem is the Switch can run UE4. Alongside that, many developers haven't had the time to make any games for the Switch. If FIFA '19 Switch isn't running on Frostbyte, then I'll worry.

Also, Wii versions of games were built from the ground up cause the Wii was so much different from the PS3 and XB360 in terms of architecture.

The problem is the Switch can run UE4. Alongside that, many developers haven't had the time to make any games for the Switch. If FIFA '19 Switch isn't running on Frostbyte, then I'll worry.

Also, Wii versions of games were built from the ground up cause the Wii was so much different from the PS3 and XB360 in terms of architecture.
    3rd party multi-plat wii games was not built from the ground up for the wii, They was scaled down. Doesn't matter if the architecture was different, it was just ported over. The architecture for all 3 7th systems was different.

Also the fact The Switch can run Unreal 4 means nothing. Dead By Daylight and Kingdom Hearts 3 both run on Unreal 4, are you trying to tell me both are equally as demanding...

There not.

Frost Bite can't run on the Switch, That is the reason FIFA18 isn't running it (and lacking features) and likely if The Switch gets FIFA19 it won't run it ether. But like I said cool the system is getting this game but the scale back on it shows how weak the hardware is. DBZ Xenoverise isn't a demanding game but yet is getting scaled back on The Switch.

Edit: I just wonder if the Switch version comes with all the DLC, I think its likely but haven't heard anything about it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-22 at 03:13 PM.

3rd party multi-plat wii games was not built from the ground up for the wii, They was scaled down. Doesn't matter if the architecture was different, it was just ported over. The architecture for all 3 7th systems was different.

Also the fact The Switch can run Unreal 4 means nothing. Dead By Daylight and Kingdom Hearts 3 both run on Unreal 4, are you trying to tell me both are equally as demanding...

There not.

Frost Bite can't run on the Switch, That is the reason FIFA18 isn't running it (and lacking features) and likely if The Switch gets FIFA19 it won't run it ether. But like I said cool the system is getting this game but the scale back on it shows how weak the hardware is. DBZ Xenoverise isn't a demanding game but yet is getting scaled back on The Switch.
    Any engine can be run on any system as long as the system specs allow it, whether or not it's optimized for the system is a different story (Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and the CryEngine come to mind).

In addition, EA said the Wii U could run Frostbyte, but that was after they stopped supporting the Wii U. If the Wii U could run Frostbyte, then the Switch can run it. Whether or not it's optimized or if EA uses it for the Switch at all is a different story.

If the Wii U could run Frostbyte, then the Switch can run it. Whether or not it's optimized or if EA uses it for the Switch at all is a different story.
    And that frost bite is a much older version then the current one. They don't name there engine like unreal does, they just call it frost bite. The frost bite that ran on PS3/360 is not the same version that is on PS4/XB1 right now.

Once again if the Switch could run it FIFA18 Frost Bite would be running it. All they would have to do is scale it down from one of the other console versions.

The fact it isn't shows it can't.

Any engine can be run on any system as long as the system specs allow it
    and The Switch spec's isn't enough to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Is a step up from Hyrule Warriors but still suffers performance issues, major one being frame pacing. Based on the company's track record they don't expect it to be fixed.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-22 at 03:27 PM.

Digital Foundry: Fire Emblem Warriors first look.

Adaptive 1080p docked. Around 30 fps. The same issues Omega Force has been having with the Musou games since the PS3/XB360 era. Still on Omega Force's old engine, and not the one they are debuting with Dynasty Warriors 9. Much better than Hyrule Warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1395147

Brook's Universal Fighting Board, a circuit board you can install to any fighting stick to make it universally adaptable to any console or PC, is now compatible with the Switch after system update 3.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Not Switch related, but Nintendo related:

Metroid: Samus Returns special editions:

US

EU

Despite me not caring for special/collectors editions, it sucks because that steelbook in the shape of a Game Boy cartridge looks sweet.