Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I would offer to help with that or something, but I have a feeling I'd get tired and stop after starting or something :P That and don't know how to contribute to it lol
    If you would like to help out feel free to join us in discord -- https://discord.gg/VHe8JC2

Quote Originally Posted by Daktar View Post
    If you would like to help out feel free to join us in discord -- https://discord.gg/VHe8JC2
    Probably could. I have it open in my taskbar all the time just sitting there. Just not home atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Great addon, can't wait for the world drops to include other places as well...

Question, will you include vendor gear down the line ? I just, by luck, found two vendors, one even in a major city, that sold me a tmog piece to learn.
    The world drops are currently as a standstill till this weekend -- we got some extra data and Imoldgregg is going to see about getting some of the creation more automated for adding in the world drops. So I have been working on getting the quests added to dungeons in the time being. I also have a small side project only me and Imoldgregg know about that is sure to blow everyone's mind.

Question when I was scanning the itemdb file just to see what pattern was used and saw it at 7mb and saw one for world drops. Was wondering if it would be easier to separate the file into say Dungeons, Raids, Expansions? Or would it really make a difference when it calls for each file? I know sometimes things like that can speed up reading a file, while others it won't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question when I was scanning the itemdb file just to see what pattern was used and saw it at 7mb and saw one for world drops. Was wondering if it would be easier to separate the file into say Dungeons, Raids, Expansions? Or would it really make a difference when it calls for each file? I know sometimes things like that can speed up reading a file, while others it won't matter.
    You'd be surprised. The slowest part of the initial boot up sequence is actually the part where the addon asks the WoW API for the collected status of the appearances and assembles the row cache. The ItemDB file has already been loaded into memory when you see your character appear on the screen and is in no way responsible for the lag.

I would offer to help with that or something, but I have a feeling I'd get tired and stop after starting or something :P That and don't know how to contribute to it lol
    I'd be more than happy to teach you (or anyone else for that matter) enough Lua to know how the ItemDB and SourceDB databases work. Aside from that, it's just a lot of data entry.

Author of ALL THE THINGS - Collections addon for Completionists

Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgregg View Post
    You'd be surprised. The slowest part of the initial boot up sequence is actually the part where the addon asks the WoW API for the collected status of the appearances and assembles the row cache. The ItemDB file has already been loaded into memory when you see your character appear on the screen and is in no way responsible for the lag.
    Wasn't even thinking of lag. Was just thinking more in general of being able to call things up and such.

I'd be more than happy to teach you (or anyone else for that matter) enough Lua to know how the ItemDB and SourceDB databases work. Aside from that, it's just a lot of data entry.
    Lua probably wouldn't be hard for me to pick up. Back when I was in school I messed with VB, VB.net (all basic stuff), even older back in the day QBasic and Basic, and now Java (very little). I need to pick up on programming and stuff more, but I've just been super lazy. For example, there's a thread here with game bundles and stuff and I'd like to consistently do these tables, but doing them by hand is meh and I'm sure there's an easier way with the site I use by working with their API.

Out of curiosity, would you be able to do this with quests?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Gonna remember to install this so I can try it.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Out of curiosity, would you be able to do this with quests?
    This is in our todo list -- which keeps growing by the day, or hour.

General idea of the list and possible implementation.

Finish tier sets for dungeons and raids
    Finish quests for dungeon and raids
    Finish world drops
    Implement and add quests for zones that drop mog
    Implement and add patterns for mog and collection both
    Implement and add vendors for mog and patterns
    Implement and add tracking for boe's collected
    Implement and add world event section
    Implement and add achievements/titles/pets not already included in dungeons and raids or world drops.

Its a long list and we either need better data source for mass imput or it will be alot of data entry to accomplish this.

Take all of this with a grain of salt though -- I will fall back to the use of the word "possible" when pressed about anything starting with "implement."
    Last edited by Daktar; 2017-06-22 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daktar View Post
    This is in our todo list -- which keeps growing by the day, or hour.

General idea of the list and possible implementation.

Finish tier sets for dungeons and raids
    Finish quests for dungeon and raids
    Finish world drops
    Implement and add quests for zones that drop mog
    Implement and add patterns for mog and collection both
    Implement and add vendors for mog and patterns
    Implement and add tracking for boe's collected
    Implement and add world event section
    Implement and add achievements/titles/pets not already included in dungeons and raids or world drops.

Its a long list and we either need better data source for mass imput or it will be alot of data entry to accomplish this.

Take all of this with a grain of salt though -- I will fall back to the use of the word "possible" when pressed about anything starting with "implement."

If anyone has access to a "good" list of npcID's, objectID's, achievementID's, spellID's, in either an excel list or a json file it would be really helpful.
    It'd be super sweet, right now its pretty taxing trying to figure out which mogs you're missing, whats quest and if you have to be alliance or horde to get said mog (GRR!)
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    It'd be super sweet, right now its pretty taxing trying to figure out which mogs you're missing, whats quest and if you have to be alliance or horde to get said mog (GRR!)
    Hopefully we can get quests implemented within the next month.

Yeah, but my problem is I can't get past first fight in HFC because apparently I'm too slow to save each cannon. Since while I dps one side, the other is under seige and then fails the encounter.
    No idea if you are a rdps or mdps, but you only need to attack 1 target that spawns from the cannonballs to have all of them aggro you. So, even as a melee, you should have something to hit those mobs and have them turn to you.
    Also, reference your "now soloable" post, they updated Razorfore from BWL again and the ability to destroy eggs is now instant with a 1 sec Cd. You can clear the room just as the adds start to spawn. He was soloable before, but it is now super easy and no threat at all of failing.

Small correction, "Voidreaver Urnae" is listed under Shadowmoon Valley but it seems the npc is located in Spires of Arak.

I'm afraid I'll have to turn you down on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Small correction, "Voidreaver Urnae" is listed under Shadowmoon Valley but it seems the npc is located in Spires of Arak.
    Ah, I see why. Where she is located is that fine line where the map bounces back and forth between the two zones. I'll note it down and have a look over it. I'm just exhausted and tired at the moment or I'd fiddle with it.

Haven't downloaded yet -- few questions for users or for OP,

Is there a BMAH filter? I'd find this useful for completing old sets.
    Is the % completed based on account wide or for the things you can actually store as account wide transmog? ie Warrior loots plate that you don't have appearance for, % goes up but if warrior loots cloth nothing happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Owhale View Post

Is the % completed based on account wide or for the things you can actually store as account wide transmog? ie Warrior loots plate that you don't have appearance for, % goes up but if warrior loots cloth nothing happens.
    The loot rules regarding acquisition of appearances are established by Blizzard. In a perfect world, you'd be able to collect everything on any character, but sadly that isn't the case.

With this addon, you have full control over the filters. If you want to see your overall acquisition, you can turn on all of the filters and see your account-wide completion.

There is no BMAH filter at this time, but there has been discussion of adding that set in our Discord. The addon title is ALL THE THINGS, so it's definitely something we want to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Owhale View Post

As for the BMAH, it is planned to add the info for that eventally, but currently there is nothing for it in the addon.

The % completed is based on what your have currently filtered. If you have no filters it will show you the percentage of items that you have for whole account. The % will only change once you have collected the item on a toon that can use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.1.7 Release Notes
    - The Auto Mini List feature now expands the difficulty that you enter the instance in.
    - Fixed a text display bug with Quests and Achievements when viewing them for the first time.
    - Fixed item link for "Stylin' Adventure Hat" -- pointed out by pragma in discord
    - Fixed a bug involving the display of item links. (The infamous "Fetching Item #XXX" bug.)
    - ItemDB no longer includes the Lvl field. It's only used by the Parser to sort items before exporting them and doesn't actually get used at all otherwise.
    - Colorized raids and certain npc object containers to match the new Legendary color scheme for raids.
    - Added an icon for the Burning Crusade World Bosses group.
    - Added short descriptions for the World Bosses for Burning Crusade.
    - Added quest for removed from game mount grove warden mount -- Lucetia's code
    - Added quest for toy memory cube from return to karazhan -- Lucetia's code
    - Added dungeon and raid quests for wod/legion. --- Lucetia's code
    - Added arena of annihilation scenario and quest rewards -- lucetia coding
    - Added description to Guldan quest chain
    - Added Ahune for MFF to dungeons and raids.
    - Sound effects now play on the master channel.
    - Added MoP Dungeon/Scenario Quests & Throne of Thunder Toy Quest
    - Adjusted the World Drops to also include the map ID for the various zones.
    - Added item to lord helnurath fight -- added description to better explain encounter.
    - Removed invalid map IDs from the world bosses.
    - Moved Voidreaver Urnae to Spires of Arak.
    - Fixed a bug with nested maps when using Auto Mini List.
    - Changed "World Drops" to "Rares" in enUS.lua
    - The addon no longer harvests the class, subclass, or Lvl of an item.
    - Added Cataclysm Dungeon Quests

- Added quest for removed from game mount grove warden mount -- Lucetia's code
    - Added quest for toy memory cube from return to karazhan -- Lucetia's code
    - Added dungeon and raid quests for wod/legion. --- Lucetia's code
    - Added arena of annihilation scenario and quest rewards -- lucetia coding
    - Added MoP Dungeon/Scenario Quests & Throne of Thunder Toy Quest
    - Added Cataclysm Dungeon Quests
    Whelp, it's doomed now. That Lucetia person is probably awful :P