Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That people watch youtube and derive religious opinions from the ramblings of some random neckbeard is... well, concerning.

I find that about as reasonable as someone "coming to religion" after listening to Bill O'reilly.
    okay.

Because all it sounds like here is that you dislike him so you're just flaming something that happens to everybody ever who goes from one group to another. Somebody introduced a person to an idea that they hadn't had before that ultimately ends up changing their mind about a topic.

But feel free to sperg on about random neckbeards or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You don't like the doors?

Now THAT'S heresy.
    Well it didn't help that at the time I was getting into dance music and other techno I was roommates with a kinda 'born again' Doors fan, the kind that thought every other psychadelic rock band was crappy while completely missing the point of the music... and he bragged about it, had a VHS of The Doors that he'd put on whenever people came around...

(That's nearly 100% true as well )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

If I was going to be an atheist I wouldn't listen to a dude on youtube.

I would think "I am a man of science!"

Then I would think "Nothing is real, love isn't real, death is the abrupt cessation of everything, like turning of a light."

"The love of a good woman isn't real, the love of a mother for a child isn't real, it's just DNA and hormones designed to force us meat puppets into breeding and rearing our young."

"Nothing matters. It's just chemical reactions moving forward over time."

There! I'm an atheist!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why link political videos in a thread about an "amazing atheist"?
    I don't think the amazing atheist does much work about religions lately, he has changed his focus from what i see to calling out 3rd wave feminist and some amount of politics.

Perhaps it's to improve his viewership like zelk mentioned, but i found that his content has become boring lately, but that's just my opinion of course.

Perhaps he's made too much money, and taking it easy right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    1 million subs on youtube as an atheist ranter= irrelevant, okay Cryban. anyway, he's my fav Youtube personality who I credit for taking me from being an agnostic to straight up rejecting religion, so thanks for the great work TJ, keep it up.
    Atheism is as much an extreme as religion.

Too often i find coincidence thats just too much,oftentimes quite humorous things that betray a farcical comical twist of some sorts .. not something to walk around in bath towels for.. but maayybe (que creepy x-files tune) ther could be something out there!

#teamagnostic .. want a dr pepper?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Then I would think "Nothing is real, love isn't real, death is the abrupt cessation of everything, like turning of a light."

"The love of a good woman isn't real, the love of a mother for a child isn't real, it's just DNA and hormones designed to force us meat puppets into breeding and rearing our young."

There! I'm an atheist!
    Congratulations, you've achieved the height of absolute retardation on the topic with this comment right here. Try a bit harder next time sport. I think there might still be room for more dumbassery on your caricature you've presented here.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-22 at 06:28 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

There! I'm an atheist!
    when i was in highschool, i had to take some philosophy class. I remember something the teacher said, that stuck with me for years. He said a conversation always has a positive outcome (or something like that)

What he meant, is that there is always something to be gain to have a conversation. I realize youtube is not a conversation since you only listen, you don't really reply in real time, but i still think it's never wrong to get information.

Some information are more valuable than other, but listening to other experience can help you forge an idea for yourself.

Anyway, as the saying goes, whatever float your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Well making a big point about not believing in something is silly, that's why people make fun of you

Case and point, this chucklefuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

Case and point, this chucklefuck.
    Yeah I mean, we all know there are zero religious people in this world who constantly talk about their religious affiliation, almost always how, as the majority, are being persecuted. Or how about their religion informs their entire world view and try to change it based on this. But uh oh, Ricky Gervais acts like an ass sometimes.

Its so funny that certain atheists who do the same thing religious people have done forever are presented as somehow being unique in what they do.

Give me a fucking break.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-22 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah I mean, we all know there are zero religious people in this world who constantly talk about their religious affiliation, almost always how, as the majority, are being persecuted. Or how about their religion informs their entire world view and try to change it based on this. But uh oh, Ricky Gervais acts like an ass sometimes.

Its so funny that certain atheists who do the same thing religious people have done forever are presented as somehow being unique in what they do.

Give me a fucking break.
    Wow, you've really bought into it. If I were an atheist religion or the lack of it would just vanish off my radar.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Wow, you've really bought into it. If I were an atheist religion or the lack of it would just vanish off my radar.
    'Bought into it?' No, I've actually lived it.

But kudos for spouting more nonsense on a topic you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Anyhow I broke my rule, back to ignoring you I go.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discri...ainst_atheists

Imagine being gay and an atheist.

I get discriminated by religious folk for two reasons. Wooo.

Its still political suicide to be an open atheist and try to run for office.

If I were an atheist and they asked me to swear on the Bible, I would say sure, why not. Religion wouldn't hold any meaning for me.

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account

Any good examples?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Any good examples?
    Sure.

I've basically resorted to hiding being gay from my extended family because they're all bible thumping neanderthals. I frequently get to hear the word faggot thrown around for every kind of pejorative imaginable (With actual hatred---not as a "wtf ever word" like retarded. Which I'm fine with, I don't care if you use the word faggot or retarded if you aren't actually a bigot) at family events. The entire family is horrendously religious, with all the hypocritical bells and whistles that comes with while they complain about Muslims being fanatics.

In my immediate family, I'm fairly frequently told I'm going to burn in hell for being an atheist, let alone being gay. I've been told to repent more times than I can count at this point. I was forced to go to a local summer bible camp when I was 13 until, after a week, I told my parents I'd run away if they forced me to go back again. And then after that was punished for the entire summer for doing so by having all my electronics taken away.

I was written out of my wealthy grandfather's will when I let slip that I was an atheist at a family party one day when I was drunk. When his wife, my grandmother, died, I was specifically shunned from participating in any of the activities at the wake and funeral, since both were done at a church, which I was happy to go to because I don't throw a fit about my religious beliefs. And despite being the oldest in my own immediate family, all the responsibilities that my other eldest cousins had at the funeral and wake were specifically given to my younger brother without even asking me.

There are more. But those are some of the good ones. And I don't even live in the south. People die for that shit down there.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-22 at 07:04 AM.

I'm not usually in the habit of wasting my youtube time listening to ranting angstheists. I got better things to do with my time.

But hey, to each their own, I suppose.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually have had him on my subscribed list since he was full anti-SJW. I was a bit a reluctant on his points but I am not one to listen to the net solely through a filter. But then I have worse people in the sub like Tim Pool whose uncritical approach to certain movements and ideas is mind-vomiting at some time.

Anyway, I am more the classic science & games sub guy, (socio-)political youtuber are just orbiting my subscriptions and not really relevant to my views, it's more for entertainment.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2017-06-22 at 07:00 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

He's an idiot bordering on being a moron.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Any good examples?
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...from-distrust/

Americans would rather trust convicted sex offender more than atheists.