Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

MoP world bosses

Should the respawn timers of old worldbosses not become like 1-10 min.
    I mean what is the problem to get the respawn timers on these bosses to a short timer.
    Are there really ppl out there that want to keep the downtimers of these bosses long? and for what reason.

I agree they oughta be shortened now that they die so quickly. Its not like you can loot them more than once a week per character anyways.

Huolon on Timeless Isle oughta have its respawn time drastically reduced too; you sneeze and it dies nowadays before anyone can get a tag.

The bosses are already easily to farm, it shouldn't be that easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but they should take the Sha of Anger treatment and apply it to all World bosses.

Making it so that a world boss takes 99.9% reduced damage for a few seconds is a godsend that allows everyone to tag, so it was a good solution. Lowering a spawn time for a mob that would just be 1 shot anyways is not a good solution.

They should make old world bosses scale both with player level, like invasion mobs, and with number of tags (so they are more like elites now, requiring 3-5 players, but becoming stronger with each additional player that tags them). That would make them soloable, but challenging, and fit to be taken down with a small group (so you don't need to get 40 players to do them either).

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree on Huolon, mostly because how ridiculously low its hp is. At the same time though that mob can be looted all day every day so maybe it would make things too easy. Could probably find another solution like buffing its hp or giving it a dmg reduction buff. The world bosses on the other hand already are on a 15min respawn timer, that's pretty low as it is. Some of them were longer but got shortened in Legion (I think, maybe late WoD).
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    To be fair, true, 3 of them aren't bad; the wait may be a little long but they spawn in one place. Sha of Anger on the other hand...its random spawn location often leads to someone nuking it before anyone else in the zone can get a fair chance at a tag. Maybe just lower that one's spawn time or make it a stationary spawn point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    No, but they should take the Sha of Anger treatment and apply it to all World bosses.

Making it so that a world boss takes 99.9% reduced damage for a few seconds is a godsend that allows everyone to tag, so it was a good solution. Lowering a spawn time for a mob that would just be 1 shot anyways is not a good solution.
    Huh, wasn't aware of that change to Sha; I hadn't been out there lately. Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioRGc1 View Post
    To be fair, true, 3 of them aren't bad; the wait may be a little long but they spawn in one place. Sha of Anger on the other hand...its random spawn location often leads to someone nuking it before anyone else in the zone can get a fair chance at a tag. Maybe just lower that one's spawn time or make it a stationary spawn point too.
    Sha of Anger was changed to 1 spawnpoint and takes 99.9% reduced damage for a few seconds this last patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioRGc1 View Post
    That was changed last week or so, Sha only spawns in the location close to One Keg now.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Shoot, didn't know they gave it a fixed location now too. Good to know; been a couple of weeks since I went out there, at least.

Deleted
    its was a days that i farmed world bosses for 15 hours per day

The is the dumb mentality that keeps archaic devices that serve no purpose in WoW. "15 minute respawns aren't BAD so why change them?"

The bosses have a weekly lockout. You can't loot them more than once anyway on a character. They die in about 10 seconds. There's virtually no reason to keep the respawn timer as long as it is. It's just a bother for the sake of being a bother. Doesn't add immersion. Doesn't add tactics or anything from a gameplay perspective. It's literally just there because years back when MoP ticked over into WoD some dev decided 15 minutes was what it was going to be and they haven't touched it since.

When MoP was current it made sense that the boss only spawned every hour or couple hours. Now? It serves no purpose but to be aggravating. Even other archaic devices such as armor repairs I can at least sort of justify by saying they serve as a gold sink. But a 15 minute timer on a world boss? Drop that shit down to the same time as a Broken Isles rare. No reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    I agree on Huolon, mostly because how ridiculously low its hp is. At the same time though that mob can be looted all day every day so maybe it would make things too easy.
    Isn't the mount only dropped on first chance of the day? If so, then problem solved. If not, just make it lootable once per day and fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Isn't the mount only dropped on first chance of the day? If so, then problem solved. If not, just make it lootable once per day and fixed.
    Unless they changed it, the mount can drop no matter how many times you kill the mob each day. Tbh, I'd rather wait the 45ish minutes for several tries a day than to have a short timer and only be able to do it once like you suggest :/
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The is the dumb mentality that keeps archaic devices that serve no purpose in WoW. "15 minute respawns aren't BAD so why change them?"
    I pay the same I deserve the same reward cliche!

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    When MoP was current it made sense that the boss only spawned every hour or couple hours. Now? It serves no purpose but to be aggravating. Even other archaic devices such as armor repairs I can at least sort of justify by saying they serve as a gold sink. But a 15 minute timer on a world boss? Drop that shit down to the same time as a Broken Isles rare. No reason not to.
    To keep the mount more prestige.

To keep the mount more prestige.
    Because a black dragon mount means prestige? Come on. Really though none of the mounts are prestigous. Plus if you play a video game for prestige then I just don't know what to say. It's cool to say "Oh I got this limited item." But not for prestigous reasons.

Because a black dragon mount means prestige? Come on. Really though none of the mounts are prestigous. Plus if you play a video game for prestige then I just don't know what to say. It's cool to say "Oh I got this limited item." But not for prestigous reasons.
    My raid leader would beg to differ, every time i pop my Sha mount he cries...

Some people find it prestigous, some dont...

I dont see why the bosses need to be changed now after the sha change (that was actually needed) just like those pesky rare mounts (tlpd, aeonax, Poundfist) dont need a change... That is why they are rare...

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    My raid leader would beg to differ, every time i pop my Sha mount he cries...
    Well just because someone cries/gets upset/whichever doesn't mean it's prestigous. Probably means they are sad they want it and don't have it and think of all the time they wasted trying to get it with no avail.

Some people find it prestigous, some dont...
    Again, why does it need to be defined as prestigious? I mean when people use those modifiers it feels like the need to find some kind of self validation in why they got things.

I dont see why the bosses need to be changed now after the sha change (that was actually needed) just like those pesky rare mounts (tlpd, aeonax, Poundfist) dont need a change... That is why they are rare...
    Except Huolon spawns every X minutes and killed multiple times a day. It's not rare by any means on it's spawn. The other ones you mentioned are just more of a nuisance because of how many times each zone swaps with CRZ/sharding. If it was just your server it'd be one thing because you actually stand a chance. With sharding and CRZ you could be fighting 10 people for it one minute, come back and then next time be face 50 other people from another server and the trend continues on. No one said make it super easy. Just a somewhat easier obtainable goal.

Majority of those people who see those mounts don't see prestige. They see someone who sat there for hours camping instead of doing something a bit more productive (or some would even go as far as to call them no-lifers, etc).

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just thankful Oondasta is no longer a 2hr spawn timer... /shudder
    Contributor of the WoW Secret Finding Discord and the Mother of Aeonaxx

Because a black dragon mount means prestige?
    It seems that someone didn't get his Invincible/Mimiron's Head in the Wotlk times.

Really though none of the mounts are prestigous.
    Armored dragons begs to differ.

Plus if you play a video game for prestige then I just don't know what to say.
    I think that there's a difference between prestige and prestige in the game. If you think that prestige in real life have the same meaning as the prestige in the
    video game then it's something wrong.

It's cool to say "Oh I got this limited item." But not for prestigous reasons.
    Why not? If someone showed a lot of effort then they have fully right to get prestige reward which is for other people not within reach without effort/skill.

Again, why does it need to be defined as prestigious? I mean when people use those modifiers it feels like the need to find some kind of self validation in why they got things.
    Because it requires more effort than, for example, Bronze Drake.