View Poll Results: Do you think ToS was underwhelming/undertuned?

Voters
458. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

76 16.59%
  • No.

305 66.59%
  • Haven't done it/undecided.

86 18.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i'm sure if LFR was out, OP would have posted the same shit...
    "Wow man lfr was so easy, mythic will be easy AF, cancelled subscription" etc etc.
    Crawl back in your hole OP, you are not needed around here.

Deleted
    not that its undertuned its overall kinda boring design :-( only the last 3 bosses are well designed in terms of mechanics and gameplay - i only cleared normal mode so far and i hope things gonna change in heroic but well overall im kinda disappointed with the encounters - i had high hopes for Desolate Host, because from what i read about it, it felt like its gonna be a really complex fight and it ended up to be one of the easiest in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    I want everyone's honest opinion...

Who else is kinda disappointed with Tomb so far?

I full cleared it on normal with a 900~ ilvl pug, we one or two shot every boss and heroic has already been cleared...?

Normal mode was seriously way too forgiving and easy.

Mythic should take about a month or two and then am I supposed to grind mythic for a year and a half until the next content drop?

I don't want to be a debby downer and I'm not flaming Blizzard because the instance itself is very beautiful but you're kidding yourself if you think that dungeon is going to be fun for more than 5-6 months..

Thoughts?
    thats you problem - now go do it at appropiate/designed itemlevel aka 880-890 and come tell us how you one shot everything again.

Did 7/9HC in one night , and in fact , tuning apart , mechanics are really underwhelming , hope avatar and KJ are funnier :/

Deleted
    1, It aint the last raid of the expansion @ OP
    2, 90% of the Wow population would have out geared the fuck out of Normal with loot falling like apples from Tree's since day 1.

Haven't tested it myself yet, but I thought ToS normal was DESIGNED for 880-890 pugs, so at 900 you're probably just overgeared

Deleted
    There are a couple minor things about ToS that aren't well-rounded. For example the KJ fight: I don't know how their raid balance philosophy is, but in that particular fight it appears that they designed it top-down (i.e. higher difficulty first) and then removed mechanics or lengthened the timers. In the intermission phase where Kil'Jaeden flies around there is a moment where you stand there in awkwardness for like 10 seconds and absolutely nothing happens until you get the next fire AoEs. That's kinda anticlimatic but that's about it.

Another thing is the blades of Avatar P1. The visuals / indicators could have been much better. On PTR they had purple lines towards the targeted player but on live it seems they have gotten rid of it for some reason.

As mythic isn't even out yet I will not say anything about difficulty. I do hope though that we don't run in to the same problem as with NH: Mythic is very tightly tuned (this is good), but Heroic + TF takes a lot of incentive to actually do it.

OP... really? That is so pathetic.
    But to help you with your next question, yes I think Ragefire Chasm is "EZ".

OT:
    I liked the encounters so far, 6/9 in normal but enjoyed it.

Normal has always been too forgiving. It's practically on the same difficulty level as MoP raidfinder ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowswann View Post
    Did 7/9HC in one night , and in fact , tuning apart , mechanics are really underwhelming , hope avatar and KJ are funnier :/
    this is my real with ToS aswell, the raid is boring sofar...

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by harlynx View Post
    There are a couple minor things about ToS that aren't well-rounded. For example the KJ fight: I don't know how their raid balance philosophy is, but in that particular fight it appears that they designed it top-down (i.e. higher difficulty first) and then removed mechanics or lengthened the timers. In the intermission phase where Kil'Jaeden flies around there is a moment where you stand there in awkwardness for like 10 seconds and absolutely nothing happens until you get the next fire AoEs. That's kinda anticlimatic but that's about it.

Another thing is the blades of Avatar P1. The visuals / indicators could have been much better. On PTR they had purple lines towards the targeted player but on live it seems they have gotten rid of it for some reason.

As mythic isn't even out yet I will not say anything about difficulty. I do hope though that we don't run in to the same problem as with NH: Mythic is very tightly tuned (this is good), but Heroic + TF takes a lot of incentive to actually do it.
    Yup have to reply final fight is odd. That 10 second intermission is daft and it was very easy.

Deleted
    Just end this thread, really. There is absolutely no point in continuing.
    The OP hasn't replied in over 3 pages since he'd been called out to provide his actual armory and progression state, instead of just giving evasive answers like 'that old link i myself provided isn't my own char, i switched servers, yadayada'.

So really, the OP has nothing to say, his claims about his own progression state and thereby all his claims of the raid being way too easy for him are invalidated. Unless he decides to grace us with his presence again and lays all his cards on the table, this thread is over.

My personal guess is that the OP is just someone who would like to raid on mythic or even heroic level, does not, only sees how the top200 guilds breeze through heroic and automatically assumes that the raid is way too easy and must therefore suck. The fact that he was convinced that ToS is the last content&raid update for the entire expac is proof enough of his ignorance and makes my point even easier to prove.

Well perhaps Blizz can create another level of difficulty, like "You are all fucked" where even dot dmg insta kills. So maybe then hardcores will be pleased

Normal is definitely on the easier side, easier than NH was for sure. Staraugur and Botanist were the death of NH normal pugs for weeks until you severly outgeared it, not even talking about the later bosses.

With a 900+ group you can already bruteforce many of the raid mechanics. Probably because the raid is tuned around 880-890 gear with a 36 artifact weapon. Don't underestimate how much stamina the new traits add, additionally to the obvious performance boost.
    I also did not notice any real hard or soft enrage timer (apart from avatar of course which can also be cheesed), so you can fully play it on the safe side and take more healers to offset the 300k dps dead weight.

To offset that means that the difficulty increase over the three (or four) settings must be fairly steep to compensate for the power gain.

Quote Originally Posted by harlynx View Post
    Only the affected players see those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowswann View Post
    Me and the team I play with, found the fights (most of them) fun. I would like to know what do you consider underwhelming. I have seen people with same consideration of various boss fights in WoW, but only after they understood completely the mechanics. It's not fair to consider the mechanics of a boss fight underwhelming just because you understand and you master them well.

Maybe parts of the mechanics I too consider boring and not interesting, in regard to TOS, but not entire boss fights. For example, during KJ fight, I do not get the point of the small intermissions when KJ is flying up taking like 99% reduced damage and nothing really happens on the platform. The raid just sits and waits for ~20-30 seconds (talking about normal mode, maybe on HC or mythic there is a greater meaning ).
    Last edited by DeusX; 2017-06-22 at 08:16 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fights were fun honestly. The only bosses I didn't like were Demonic Inquistion, Sisters of the Moon and the Giant Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    I want everyone's honest opinion...

Who else is kinda disappointed with Tomb so far?

I full cleared it on normal
    Wow, you cleared it on normal ? nice dude, you pretty much finished the game tbh. What a pro

"Normal mode is undertuned" . No, is just normal mode.
    As a side note, H Maiden is totally overtuned on big raid size, we wipped 15 times with our 30 man splitrun couse the smash was literally one shotting people with less then 3.9M hp and was impossible to soak without a raid CD if even one player did't soak for whatever reason. Then few people had to go and we oneshotted here with 23 people. With 23 player, the smash was doing pretty much less then half the damage and barely did any damage even if multiple people could not soak (and the p2 shield dropped from 500M to ~240M).

I'm still waiting for LFR to be released. I expect a good challenge. Even with my 920+ gear.

Deleted
    Literally every raid is like this, and has always been since they introduced normal/heroic modes