Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It seems that someone didn't get his Invincible/Mimiron's Head in the Wotlk times.
    Um...whether I did or didn't still holds no bearing on the subject. Even multiple people I know who got them didn't feel prestige or anything. If anything they got tired of whispers of where they got it.

Armored dragons begs to differ.
    Makes zero sense especially with what I said, but ok.

I think that there's a difference between prestige and prestige in the game. If you think that prestige in real life have the same meaning as the prestige in the video game then it's something wrong.
    So what I'm getting is people are changing words to fit whatever definition they want it to? I mean we can't just literally change things just because we feel like it.

Why not? If someone showed a lot of effort then they have fully right to get prestige reward which is for other people not within reach without effort/skill.
    Because none of the mounts take effort. For some it's being in the right place at the right time (or basically taking time and wasting it). Other mounts it's just being lucky. There is absolutely no mount in the game that takes effort. Not even Mythic / Heroic mounts when they were because majority of the people who got them were able to farm it so it was trivial.

Because it requires more effort than, for example, Bronze Drake.
    Again, none of the mounts take effort. They all take time if anything, but not effort.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sha is the best looking, and most wanted mount out of the MoP ones. [I'm sure Rukhmar would be 2nd on the list of most wanted based on it's looks and uniqueness]

Galleon: An ugly piece of shit that is often mixed up with the old MoP Brawler's mount due to close matching colours.
    Oondasta: Has a nice blue colouration on it, but that is ruined by the colours on it's back, but bonus points for being a 3-Horned Dino.
    Nalak: I'd say this is above both Oondasta and Galleon because it's a serpent with lightning arching over it, it is also easy to spot in crowds due to it's blue colouration.
    Sha: A beautifully done serpent, with it's colours matching perfectly all over, easily spotted over a mile away and as many mount collectors consider it; the true master piece of ones collection.
    Contributor of the WoW Secret Finding Discord and the Mother of Aeonaxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Because none of the mounts take effort. For some it's being in the right place at the right time (or basically taking time and wasting it). Other mounts it's just being lucky. There is absolutely no mount in the game that takes effort. Not even Mythic / Heroic mounts when they were because majority of the people who got them were able to farm it so it was trivial.
    Glory mounts when current, previous CM mounts (provided you didn't get boosted), Glad mounts (provided you didn't get boosted) etc? You smell like someone who actually hasn't done anything when current/without getting boosted in this game, hence so salty.

Also, a lot of collectors (especially the top ones and regardless of the collection type - pets, mounts, achievements) compare their collections to others and try to get ahead where possible. It's not about prestige per se but it is about accomplishment. This may be sad to you but you are probably sad to some others who think that wasting your time in a game with having 0 purpose and goal and strive to get better/more accomplished is worse. I mean even with chess you're supposed to try and win.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-06-22 at 07:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Also, a lot of collectors (especially the top ones and regardless of the collection type - pets, mounts, achievements) compare their collections to others and try to get ahead where possible. It's not about prestige per se but it is about accomplishment. This may be sad to you but you are probably sad to some others who think that wasting your time in a game with having 0 purpose and goal and strive to get better/more accomplished is worse. I mean even with chess you're supposed to try and win.
    ^ This.
    Getting the last world boss mounts I need is the end goal for my mount collection - partial because not many have 5/5 boss mounts, and because it was the goal I had set for myself and view it as a completion.
    Contributor of the WoW Secret Finding Discord and the Mother of Aeonaxx

Glory mounts when current, previous CM mounts (provided you didn't get boosted), Glad mounts (provided you didn't get boosted) etc? You smell like someone who actually hasn't done anything when current/without getting boosted in this game, hence so salty.
    Not salty. All those you mentioned didn't take effort. They just took time. Glory mounts? Once people had the instance on farm they were super easy. CM Mounts, same thing applied (except time sensitive). Glad mounts? I don't do arenas much but most people I know who have it either got boosted or rank high anyway.

Glad to know because someone disagrees with you and says why means they are salty. Perhaps my point was proven and you realize they don't require effort only the time.

There is a difference between prestige and achieving a goal and the differences show in your statement. Just because someone has a goal and attempts to one up others isn't bad and gives the person something to obtain. Prestige is a complete different beast and isn't related in this sense.

I pay the same I deserve the same reward cliche!

To keep the mount more prestige.
    There is no prestige in a 15 minute timer on a boss that drops a mount that already has a .03% drop chance. Keeping the 15 minute spawn timer just makes it a hassle, not prestigious. I HAVE the Heavenly Onyx, and even I think the timer should be lowered. People like you are what created expansions like Cataclysm. Elitism for the sake of elitism adds nothing of value or weight to the game. If it doesn't enhance the game in some way, it's a bad system.

Not salty. All those you mentioned didn't take effort. They just took time. Glory mounts? Once people had the instance on farm they were super easy. CM Mounts, same thing applied (except time sensitive). Glad mounts? I don't do arenas much but most people I know who have it either got boosted or rank high anyway.

Glad to know because someone disagrees with you and says why means they are salty. Perhaps my point was proven and you realize they don't require effort only the time.
    Uh, you're literally saying that essentially nothing in this game is challenging. And I specifically said - when current, not 'when on farm' or in next expansion or whatever. There are players who try to obtain certain mounts as early as possible and they do require effort, no matter what you wish to think. And hell, that last boss achievement in MSV caused problems even in the next expansion because you couldn't just breeze through it (and no, it was a bit more than just getting the players together). It's literally coming down to 'you think' vs 'I think'.

There is a difference between prestige and achieving a goal and the differences show in your statement. Just because someone has a goal and attempts to one up others isn't bad and gives the person something to obtain. Prestige is a complete different beast and isn't related in this sense.
    There is a reason why Wowprogress and several other similar sites track achievements, mounts, pets and so on and list your ranking in your region/server/etc. Having a lot of them is prestigious for other collectors. Having an ultra-rare mount that required effort (oh wait, nothing requires effort) is looked at as prestigious. Otherwise such lists would be pointless and wouldn't exist. But they do. And people actually look at them - as a previous collector I encountered such people incredibly often. I'm not saying it appeals to everyone as it clearly doesn't - you don't care but many do. Also, if you know anything about account buying/selling then accounts that have a lot of achievements/mounts or very rare ones, sell for a lot more and are perceived as better by buyers/sellers.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-06-22 at 08:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Uh, you're literally saying that essentially nothing in this game is challenging. And I specifically said - when current, not 'when on farm' or in next expansion or whatever.
    Overall, no. Things are only challenging for a limited time. When current and on farm are both the same thing half the time. There are a lot of times current raids are on farm thus trivializing the content making it easier (hence on farm). Glory achieves and end of the raid boss mounts fall under this. If they were consistently challenging every time you cleared it then you wouldn't be seeing runs sold as often.

There are players who try to obtain certain mounts as early as possible and they do require effort, no matter what you wish to think.
    See above. Unless you are going to tell me straight up from the time content is released until the next raid tier/expansion it is 100% challenging the entire time and isn't easy and requires less effort by most guilds doing the content.

more than just getting the players together). It's literally coming down to 'you say' vs 'I say'.

Having an ultra-rare mount that required effort (oh wait, nothing requires effort) is looked at as prestigious.
    What ultra-rare mount requires effort? Every "ultra-rare" mount either consists of getting the lucky drop or waiting around for a timed spawn in a certain window.

Otherwise such lists would be pointless and wouldn't exist.
    Lists exist for many reasons, but I seriously doubt any seriously does it for "prestige". Prestige is just a word thrown around for people to attempt to make it sound "ultra cool and important". There are better words to fit why people do it and such.

Also, if you know anything about account buying/selling then accounts that have a lot of achievements/mounts or very rare ones, sell for a lot more and are perceived as better by buyers/sellers.
    Yeah, we aren't bringing up buying/selling accounts for many reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Should the respawn timers of old worldbosses not become like 1-10 min.
    I mean what is the problem to get the respawn timers on these bosses to a short timer.
    Are there really ppl out there that want to keep the downtimers of these bosses long? and for what reason.
    No thanks. Really. Mostly because I know why you want a slow timer, the mount. And the mount is also why the timer shouldn't be cut down. Put more effort in to the farming, to be honest. As long as there is a pet, mount, toy or transmog set, I won't agree on reducing the timers.

If it is just for a piece of armor or a weapon, then I wouldn't care about reduction of the timers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No thanks. Really. Mostly because I know why you want a slow timer, the mount. And the mount is also why the timer shouldn't be cut down. Put more effort in to the farming, to be honest. As long as there is a pet, mount, toy or transmog set, I won't agree on reducing the timers.

If it is just for a piece of armor or a weapon, then I wouldn't care about reduction of the timers.
    As everyone else already said, the drop rate is super low already and you can only loot it once a week, why the fuck does it make a difference?

It's a QoL change so that you can actually, you know, play the game, instead of sitting around for hours upon hours waiting for a spawn that isn't sniped by someone else and dies in .5 seconds

And why do you need effort? When the content was current you could have a hundred people all get a chance at the loot at the same time, now it's maybe five depending how fast they drop AoE. That's already a 95% reduction in who can get it

10+ Year Old Account
    I pay the same I deserve the same reward cliche!

To keep the mount more prestige.
    The "prestige" comes from their drop chance, not acquisition when it comes these world bosses.

Nobody looks at you riding the Thundering Combalt Cloud Serpent and thinks, "Wow, look at that guy, he killed Nalak!" Not even in MoP, but that's another argument. They think, "Wow, this guy got a lucky drop" if anything considering how few actually care about someone else simply getting lucky.

This wasn't and isn't be asked to change. They'll still be just as low of a chance to drop. Everyone will still kill it once a week.

Even though I disagree that they need a shorter respawn time, for reasons I already listed, saying that the change would make them less prestigious, when the thing that makes them prestigious isn't be changed, is just silly.

Again, none of the mounts take effort.
    Okay, now I see with who I'm talking about, because that's totally wrong.

Well just because someone cries/gets upset/whichever doesn't mean it's prestigous. Probably means they are sad they want it and don't have it and think of all the time they wasted trying to get it with no avail.

Again, why does it need to be defined as prestigious? I mean when people use those modifiers it feels like the need to find some kind of self validation in why they got things.

Except Huolon spawns every X minutes and killed multiple times a day. It's not rare by any means on it's spawn. The other ones you mentioned are just more of a nuisance because of how many times each zone swaps with CRZ/sharding. If it was just your server it'd be one thing because you actually stand a chance. With sharding and CRZ you could be fighting 10 people for it one minute, come back and then next time be face 50 other people from another server and the trend continues on. No one said make it super easy. Just a somewhat easier obtainable goal.

Majority of those people who see those mounts don't see prestige. They see someone who sat there for hours camping instead of doing something a bit more productive (or some would even go as far as to call them no-lifers, etc).
    Prestigious is a correct term to use here.

Admiration because they have the mount, respect because they either got very lucky or went on a grind.

For someone trying to act so smart here, you dun goofed.

On my server I don't think Sha has been alive for more than a few seconds for months if not years. It's being relentlessly farmed by multiple people on multiple alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    As everyone else already said, the drop rate is super low already and you can only loot it once a week, why the fuck does it make a difference?

It's a QoL change so that you can actually, you know, play the game, instead of sitting around for hours upon hours waiting for a spawn that isn't sniped by someone else and dies in .5 seconds

And why do you need effort? When the content was current you could have a hundred people all get a chance at the loot at the same time, now it's maybe five depending how fast they drop AoE. That's already a 95% reduction in who can get it
    Wouldn't call is a 'Quality of Life' change, but just convenience. The fact that it is still sought for, is a good queue that it shouldn't be bottom pitted in timer, there's still a race for what it has. Could maybe agree to a 3 hour spawn, or so but not 10 minutes, sorry.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't call is a 'Quality of Life' change, but just convenience. The fact that it is still sought for, is a good queue that it shouldn't be bottom pitted in timer, there's still a race for what it has. Could maybe agree to a 3 hour spawn, or so but not 10 minutes, sorry.
    So you're gunning for them to have a longer respawn timer than what they currently have? Or am I misreading this?

All of the world boss mounts have a respawn time of 10-20 mins, already. Huolon is the exception, although he's not a World Boss, and he's on a 30m-1h respawn timer.

Huolon isn't even an issue with his spawn taking too long, it's that he dies in a single hit now, making him way harder to farm than in MoP.

I still don't know what the OP is asking for considering that all of the World Bosses in MoP already have a short timer.

Yes, that is what QoL means?

And you still havent provided any good reason for why it shouldn't be that way. Hell, even for me personally, I spent literally nine hours in a group to get my Garn Nighthowl, and now it sells on the AH for 3k because of how easy it is to get. Am I gonna complain? Hell no. It's a video game, it's meant to be fun and enjoyable. And if getting a couple mounts makes other people happy, i'm certainly not gonna be the asshole who ruins their fun because I have to be a special snowflake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Yes, that is what QoL means?

And you still havent provided any good reason for why it shouldn't be that way. Hell, even for me personally, I spent literally nine hours in a group to get my Garn Nighthowl, and now it sells on the AH for 3k because of how easy it is to get. Am I gonna complain? Hell no. It's a video game, it's meant to be fun and enjoyable. And if getting a couple mounts makes other people happy, i'm certainly not gonna be the asshole who ruins their fun because I have to be a special snowflake.
    But it is being a special snowflake to go want, mine, want.

And I did explain it. As long as there's still a gain by doing so (mounts, pets, etc) then cutting it down isn't working. Unless of course we still just in general talk about loot staying weekly and I may have misunderstood that people just can't cooperate and wait - which just by me means it should be longer.