Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    He was played like a damn fiddle !

Quote Originally Posted by deathpote View Post
    He was played like a damn fiddle !
    Such a lust for loot! Whooooo?!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a looooot of lore-ninnies here who are apparently incapable of looking at long-term lore and only able to see the lore of the current ....patch? At Best???

Kil'Jaeden betrayed his people because he didn't see any other option if he wanted to survive. Very Straightforward. He was not some universal badass -- he was one of the leaders of a planet that Sargeras conquered who gave up -- his giving up won that planet -- Sargeras rewarded him with some power.

What we are actually seeing here is a lot of INFERRED importance. The things KJ actually did are limited to EXACTLY what happens in the books and in the games. This amounts to a big success followed by many failures.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Or at all really. Didn't mean to divert the thread at all but I think their lackadaisical attitude toward story and lack of creativity leads to stuff like this.
    Pretty much.

The recyclement treadmill is gettin boring (not just storywise but that's another discussion). How many times more do we have to confront the same villains or deal with the same protagonists.
    Illidan has been dead for a decade and the fuckers just won't let him go. Now they're foreshadowing more LK nonsense whilst characters that actually need development are utilised as loot pinatas at best.
    The Nightfallen are a great opportunity to refresh the lore, but it's a safe guarantee we won't see them again.

They had Mephistroth as the last surviving Dreadlord leader, which would've been interesting to see developed, but instead they just drop the 'demons r unkillable' bomb and bring Tichondrius back to live, only for both of them to become loot pinatas.
    Talgath, Kil'jaeden's agent who tracked the Draenei down for the latter? Doesn't exist apparently.

Yawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    There are a looooot of lore-ninnies here who are apparently incapable of looking at long-term lore and only able to see the lore of the current ....patch? At Best???

Kil'Jaeden betrayed his people because he didn't see any other option if he wanted to survive. Very Straightforward. He was not some universal badass -- he was one of the leaders of a planet that Sargeras conquered who gave up -- his giving up won that planet -- Sargeras rewarded him with some power.

What we are actually seeing here is a lot of INFERRED importance. The things KJ actually did are limited to EXACTLY what happens in the books and in the games. This amounts to a big success followed by many failures.
    Sorry but what have you been playing since now? That's not at all what if eel when i see Kil'Jaeden

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    Ehm... excuse me blizzard aren't you maybe by chance forgetting who Kil'Jaeden is? This dude is like top 2 in charismatic villains of warcraft. He is by far the more recognizible eredar and basiaclly the right hand of Sargeras. He is involved in a lot of shcemes during warcraft history and he is also basically the creator of the lich king and the Frozen Throne. (and don't get me started on Archimonde and Mannoroth, they was treated like stupids too)
    Then why all we get is a patch where he is the end boss with no build up to his defeat whatsoever.

The end cinematic is nicely done as always, but the Kil'jaeden character is treated completely different then what he was. You just go there, defeat him, he tells Velen he was envious of hima dn that he didn't think the Burning legion could be stoped, then dies. Are you for real?
    This dude should show no redemption by now, Kil'Jaeden has already shown multiple time that he thinks we all live to serve , and in his case his vision is to serve for Sargeras and the domination of the legion.

So overall i think his whole character got fked up quite badly considering how important he is to the overall WoW lore.
    You're absolutely right man.

And consider this too, remember back In WC3 Illidan cowering on his knees when KJ appears In a giant puff of smoke? And goes "I'm actually your servant still, tehee... yes my master KJ!" and then goes off to try kill the Lich King Inbefore he goes back to Outland to recover and build himself up.

Illidan, served that guy MULTIPLE times, I mean he's been used since when he got out, when Arthas pointed him to the Skull of Gul'dan so he'd consume It and help him kill Tichondrius, and from then KJ started using him, first to melt the ice caps of Northrend from the Dalaran ruins using the Eye of Sargeras (If I'm not mistaken, right?), he fails and then goes to Outland again, and then KJ appears to him again...

Kil'jaeden gave us that feeling of, he's really powerful, not to be messed with, and that even In Outland KJ can just come back like "Gotcha!" ... and now he suddenly Is no match for Illidan, Khadgar, Velen and a bunch of random raiders? I don't buy It. If KJs death Is this underwhelming I don't want to see what they plan with Sargeras. Imean, If KJ wasn't such a hard dude to kill, why couldn't Illidan with Vaish and blood elf boi just kill him right there and then? And why didn't KJ just come back to Outland after he failed -again- and just nuke the shiz out of Illidan?

Cause suddenly, after all that business Illidan apparently starts to train the Illidari to hunt down the demons and-...can you see the gaping holes In Lore here? They tried to connect the dots with Legion and failed, and there's a million more holes they made In the lore In general with Legion releasing and trying to lasso onto previous lore to kinda sorta maybe but not really make sense.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are very few major lore bosses in this game that didn't feel like colossal letdowns. You could make the argument that Blizzard is terrible at wrapping up their story.

That is a topic on it's own, to wich i partially agree for sure. It's really stupid how Blizz is not explaining, developing stories in raid nowdays
    The last boss I've seen their lore being integrated into the encounter is really Garrosh.

The 3 sha realms you visit are not only locations that the sha attacked, but the sha that did attack those areas are the same emotions that Garrosh was consumed by before Thrall bitch slapped him in TBC. (See the visions of fear, despair and doubt as I have!)

There might be a few after him, but they weren't really that noticeable compared to him

Quote Originally Posted by JayJadame View Post
    Compare cunning vile and dreadful KJ which created LK with scourge to follow, corrupted orcs, slaughtered dranei in draenor, killed Cenarius and made illidan vashj and kael his little bitches in wс3 to pathetic little cunt players easily bithchslapped in tomb.

Also compare his sunwell lines to tomb lines.

Is it even warcraft lore at that point?

Question is purely rhetorical.
    Why do you compare? It's not like they are two different KJ's. This is the same KJ and the champions who fought him back then in Outland are the same as now, only infused with the power of godly artifacts. Of course his plans will fail now.

15+ Year Old Account
    KJ was just a setback - Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by JayJadame View Post
    Compare cunning vile and dreadful KJ which created LK with scourge to follow, corrupted orcs, slaughtered dranei in draenor, killed Cenarius and made illidan vashj and kael his little bitches in wс3 to pathetic little cunt players easily bithchslapped in tomb.

Also compare his sunwell lines to tomb lines.

Is it even warcraft lore at that point?

Question is purely rhetorical.
    Why do you compare? It's not like they are two different KJ's. This is the same KJ and the champions who fought him back then in Outland are the same as now, only infused with the power of godly artifacts and have fought countless wars/slain mighty foes. Of course his plans will fail now.

Kil'Jae is just another dead draenei to me. Nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    You're absolutely right man.

And consider this too, remember back In WC3 Illidan cowering on his knees when KJ appears In a giant puff of smoke? And goes "I'm actually your servant still, tehee... yes my master KJ!" and then goes off to try kill the Lich King Inbefore he goes back to Outland to recover and build himself up.

Illidan, served that guy MULTIPLE times, I mean he's been used since when he got out, when Arthas pointed him to the Skull of Gul'dan so he'd consume It and help him kill Tichondrius, and from then KJ started using him, first to melt the ice caps of Northrend from the Dalaran ruins using the Eye of Sargeras (If I'm not mistaken, right?), he fails and then goes to Outland again, and then KJ appears to him again...

Kil'jaeden gave us that feeling of, he's really powerful, not to be messed with, and that even In Outland KJ can just come back like "Gotcha!" ... and now he suddenly Is no match for Illidan, Khadgar, Velen and a bunch of random raiders? I don't buy It. If KJs death Is this underwhelming I don't want to see what they plan with Sargeras. Imean, If KJ wasn't such a hard dude to kill, why couldn't Illidan with Vaish and blood elf boi just kill him right there and then? And why didn't KJ just come back to Outland after he failed -again- and just nuke the shiz out of Illidan?

Cause suddenly, after all that business Illidan apparently starts to train the Illidari to hunt down the demons and-...can you see the gaping holes In Lore here? They tried to connect the dots with Legion and failed, and there's a million more holes they made In the lore In general with Legion releasing and trying to lasso onto previous lore to kinda sorta maybe but not really make sense.
    There is your problem. We're not random misfit raiders anymore. Resume is pretty distinguished at this point tbh. Beatdown Illidan, shoved Kil'jaedan back into the Sunwell, killed Lich King, killed Deathwing, and Archimonde.

I get what your saying, but there are two issues. #1 is Kil'jaeden is suffering the same problem as the Old Gods, the more we learn about him, the less interesting he becomes. 2# Kil'jaeden is seriously your classic moronic mustache twirling, Saturday morning cartoon villain. The guy who leaves you on the train tracks, then leaves the scene assuming you'll die. He's had so many opportunities but he squanders them because he's thinking "so much further ahead" or some nonsense.

Kil'jaeden is supposed to be the smartest, for someone so clever you would have thought that he would take far more precautions with us. He knows just how capable we are and should have just rambo'd us with every demon we've ever faced, like on the Broken Shore. (I mean I seriously almost crapped my pants when I saw all of them revived). He knows that we killed his own creation the Lich King and Archimonde, have a damn contigency plan ffs.

The end cinematic is nicely done as always, but the Kil'jaeden character is treated completely different then what he was. You just go there, defeat him, he tells Velen he was envious of hima dn that he didn't think the Burning legion could be stoped, then dies. Are you for real?
    This dude should show no redemption by now, Kil'Jaeden has already shown multiple time that he thinks we all live to serve , and in his case his vision is to serve for Sargeras and the domination of the legion.
    It is actually interesting story. And it have sense when compared to people which believe in harmful ideology because of fear or promises. Looks like KJ was more afraid than faithful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

well that is not rly confirmed, but evne if it was, the ending we got is till compeltely out of character
    Well, people sometimes get out of their character, when they're fucking dying.

He believed in something, but it was completely gone after he got defeated and questioned the vision he saw.

Deleted
    1. "No king rules forever. - I see only darkness before me"
    2. "I have always envied you..."

It's actually amazing these are two major villains of the same franchise since they compare like Fingolfin vs. Edward Cullen.

He is not the end boss, there is going to be another major patch with a raid after tomb, it was confirmed by blizzard. KJ is dead now, because we kill it in the twisting nether right?

Deleted
    Why can we never lose a battle ? That makes every vilain pathetic. At least the LK slaughter us all. He seemed threatening. Where is the threat now ?