Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well at least you're not hurting anybody.
    :O Did this brute we're discussing hurt anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If I was going to be an atheist I wouldn't listen to a dude on youtube.

I would think "I am a man of science!"

Then I would think "Nothing is real, love isn't real, death is the abrupt cessation of everything, like turning of a light."

"The love of a good woman isn't real, the love of a mother for a child isn't real, it's just DNA and hormones designed to force us meat puppets into breeding and rearing our young."

"Nothing matters. It's just chemical reactions moving forward over time."

There! I'm an atheist!
    And what is wrong with that?
    Is reality too bleak for you that you need a sparkle of magic around everything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Not unless the banana was alive in the sense it is aware and can't speak.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    i think he meant it in a general way, stick anything you want up your butt, at least you're not hurting anyone (except maybe your butt).

Could we step away from the banana-powered rectal drilling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    And what is wrong with that?
    Is reality too bleak for you that you need a sparkle of magic around everything?
    Sparkles of magic can hurt and kill people especially when they are substituted for reality which might not be as exciting but has real potential.

The answer in short no. But life is long and some fantasy ends and does more damage.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-06-22 at 10:38 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    TJ Kirk is kind of like a pioneer in the youtube community, along with Doug Walker and James Rolfe. They all started the craze that continues today in their form of medium.
    #boycottchina

He's an agitator peice of shit who doesn't understand what atheism is, despite his channel name.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    He's an agitator peice of shit who doesn't understand what atheism is, despite his channel name.

you either said too little or too much. Please elaborate how you envision an atheist youtube channel?
    I do not mean to sound like i'm attacking you, i'm not, i am genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    you either said too little or too much. Please elaborate how you envision an atheist youtube channel?
    I do not mean to sound like i'm attacking you, i'm not, i am genuinely curious.
    https://m.youtube.com/user/TheAtheistExperience

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i know that channel, i was hoping for a few explanatory word though.

Is it that you value direct interaction with christian to respond to their inquiry and dialogue with them.
    Or you enjoy matt's eloquence and respectful attitude.
    or maybe you find TJ too anarchist , F the system, that kinda shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eight pages in and I'm still not sure what the point of this thread is.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    What do you guys think about the youtuber "The Amazing Atheist?" Personally I think he makes alot of good strong points about the topics he discusses on his channel. He takes on alot of sensitive subjects and does a good job of getting his point across. Here's a couple of videos he did in regards to the election last year.
    TBH, TJ (The Amazing Atheist) only has that level of following because he panders (albeit not intentionally apparently) to MRAs, anti-SJWs, bullies and the like. He has been remarkably inconsistent over most of his history...e.g. being libertarian initially then shifting to be a liberal, flip flopped between Johnson and Stein in the matter of a few days, has both anti-feminist and anti-misogyny statements), and, to be honest, most of his arguments are either very weak or simply very stupid.

He is one of a number of toxic people that likes to say hateful things, but back-pedals to claim it was a joke only after he sees major pushback. He has been caught in several scams (e.g. creationist roadtrip, freespeechvids). All things considered, more than anything else, it looks like he panders for the clicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Him shoving stuff up his arse and having the pics plastered all over 4chan some years back still gives me nightmares.

That is all I think of him as.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Eight pages in and I'm still not sure what the point of this thread is.
    bring awareness to the amazing atheist i suppose, though he doesn't go by that name anymore, and i agree there are better atheist channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    bring awareness to the amazing atheist i suppose, though he doesn't go by that name anymore, and i agree there are better atheist channel.
    I wasn't aware we were allowed to champion random youtube channels by making an entire thread about them with no additional context or discussion prompted.

Makes me wish I had a youtube channel to plug.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

i know that channel, i was hoping for a few explanatory word though.

Is it that you value direct interaction with christian to respond to their inquiry and dialogue with them.
    Or you enjoy matt's eloquence and respectful attitude.
    or maybe you find TJ too anarchist , F the system, that kinda shit?
    The Angry Aetheist yells at the top of his lungs obscenities and poorly constructed sentences. If he acted like an adult, instead of an angry teenager looking for a venue, I might give him slack. He makes me emberessed to hold my beliefs.

An atheists enemy without a doubt is religion. But so is extremism. Aethists bring people to their side through reasonable debate and rational arguments... we argue in a way so that believers are FORCED to second guess themselves...

Yelling at them and calling them petty names is not going to do anything. These people are mentally damaged, screaming at them will only damage them further.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, he's just a more recognizable face in a genre literally chock-full of people ranting and screaming about religion and SJWs. Nice to hear he's been diversifying his portfolio lately, but it's at a point where I'm as sick of listening to Redpillers bitch and whine about SJWs as I am listening to SJWs bitch and whine about why the girls in The Croods don't have hairy pits or whatever. It's like two mentally-disabled toddlers arguing over whether Superman's costume is blue and red or red and blue.

And, sure, the guy sticks to his guns, which is admirable, but just like so many other atheist and anti-SJW Youtubers, the way he goes about it is insufferably smug and doesn't help the reputation atheists deal with as being a bunch of smarmy, smug, condescending shitlords who turn on anyone who doesn't support the group consensus (again, becoming the very mirror image of what they claim to hate about religions).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

To add to the conversation (although I fear I'm a bit late to the party), I can empathize with @KrazyK923, although I've never told anyone beyond my father that I was an atheist for fear of being shunned.

I grew up in a very Catholic, stereotypically Italian-American family. My mother was a devoutly religious and a raving alcoholic and her aggressive attempts to try to get me to "find God" really alienated me further from religion in general.

The final nail in the coffin was my interest and amateur research into anthropology. Finding all these extinct hominins really helped paint a clear and logical picture in contrast with the more convoluted stories find in Abrahamic religious scriptures like the Bible, Torah and Qu'ran.

Despite being an atheist I have little bad blood towards religion and I actually do respect and incorporate positive aspects of non-Abrahamic beliefs into my life. The Dharmic religions like Buddhism focus more on the concept of self-improvement and enlightenment through self-improvement, which I something all people should strive for. Some aspects of paganism also intrigue me as I have a pretty deep respect for the natural world.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    TBH, TJ (The Amazing Atheist) only has that level of following because he panders (albeit not intentionally apparently) to MRAs, anti-SJWs, bullies and the like. He has been remarkably inconsistent over most of his history...e.g. being libertarian initially then shifting to be a liberal, flip flopped between Johnson and Stein in the matter of a few days, has both anti-feminist and anti-misogyny statements), and, to be honest, most of his arguments are either very weak or simply very stupid.
    How is being both anti-feminist and anti-misogyny mutually exclusive? I'm the same. If someone says stupid shit, I'll critizise them for that. That's far better stance to take than black and white stance of, either stand with feminism and anti-misogyny or with MRA and anti-feminism.

The Amazing Atheist is good at what he does (logic bomb feminism and snowflake culture), but I don't watch him as much as I used to. I prefer Sargon of Akkad.