Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Just play it and unlock at least the 5 main endings.
    hmm. Does doing so require specific actions? As in, should I look up a guide? Or will it happen naturally if I play altruistically?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    hmm. Does doing so require specific actions? As in, should I look up a guide? Or will it happen naturally if I play altruistically?
    Just play it. Literally - don't check anything as the story unfolds before you.

You'll get pretty much obvious hints about the choices to do. I don't want to spoiler anything as i think the game has a REALLY high value. End Route B and you will see everything open up to you.

Yes, it's awesome.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Just play it. Literally - don't check anything as the story unfolds before you.

You'll get pretty much obvious hints about the choices to do. I don't want to spoiler anything as i think the game has a REALLY high value. End Route B and you will see everything open up to you.

Yes, it's awesome.
    Excellent! Thanks for not attempting to spoil anything. So far, I have been loving the way the story is opening up during route B. During Route A I had an odd feeling that there were certain things that they teased at, but didn't tell you anything about, that would be explained in some way.

I just had no idea that the different Routes played out the way they do. For example, the Amusement Park. When you kill the boss, it flashes an image on the screen. I was thrown when it expanded on that. I had a feeling during that there is more to the machines than is being told. During that scene, it confirmed that there is absolutely more to their backstory than just being mindless machines who suddenly started acting more human out of absolutely no where. Can't wait to get more details on that!

Excellent! Thanks for not attempting to spoil anything. So far, I have been loving the way the story is opening up during route B. During Route A I had an odd feeling that there were certain things that they teased at, but didn't tell you anything about, that would be explained in some way.

I just had no idea that the different Routes played out the way they do. For example, the Amusement Park. When you kill the boss, it flashes an image on the screen. I was thrown when it expanded on that. I had a feeling during that there is more to the machines than is being told. During that scene, it confirmed that there is absolutely more to their backstory than just being mindless machines who suddenly started acting more human out of absolutely no where. Can't wait to get more details on that!
    Yes, and that's not the only thing waiting for you. Be prepared because shit WILL hit the fan.

Most of it still wont make sense by the end since its actually continuing something from Nier Gestalt/Replicant on PS3. In that game You learn mankind was dying off due to a disease that turned organic cells into salt and using magic the government tried to seperate human souls from their 'chlorifying' bodies as 'gestalts' and built androids like devola and popola to grow and nuture cloned bodies for the human souls to be reinserted into. Trouble was the gestalts began to degrade into monsters called 'shades' for most of the game and the replicants began to devlop consciousness and souls of their own but were infertile. A rogue devola and popola teamed up with the gestalt of nier who retained his ego and memory but in niers actions to save his daughter who gestalt nier kidnapped to try and insert her gestalt into her body he unknowingly began humanitys extinction. The humans are all dead but the files for project gestalt remained and as you will progress you will learn what the machines did when they found those files, but again in the original your second playthrough points out things like how the shades in the first dungeon DONT attack you at all, you attack on impulse because VIDEOGAME ENEMY but they are in fact the gestalts of children and you wholesale slaughter them without knowing about the getsalts/replicants at that point.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-06-21 at 09:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Most of it still wont make sense by the end since its actually continuing something from Nier Gestalt/Replicant on PS3. In that game You learn mankind was dying off due to a disease that turned organic cells into salt and using magic the government tried to seperate human souls from their 'chlorifying' bodies as 'gestalts' and built androids like devola and popola to grow and nuture cloned bodies for the human souls to be reinserted into. Trouble was the gestalts began to degrade into monsters called 'shades' for most of the game and the replicants began to devlop consciousness and souls of their own but were infertile. A rogue devola and popola teamed up with the gestalt of nier who retained his ego and memory but in niers actions to save his daughter who gestalt nier kidnapped to try and insert her gestalt into her body he unknowingly began humanitys extinction. The humans are all dead but the files for project gestalt remained and as you will progress you will learn what the machines did when they found those files, but again in the original your second playthrough points out things like how the shades in the first dungeon DONT attack you at all, you attack on impulse because VIDEOGAME ENEMY but they are in fact the gestalts of children and you wholesale slaughter them without knowing about the getsalts/replicants at that point.
    Before i read all of that, will it spoil anything in Nier Automata?

I watched a video that gives you an overview of everything from Drakkengard - the novellas - and Gestalt and Replicant. Since I didn't play those games, I needed to know if there was anything that wouldn't make sense in Automata had I not.

If you have done one playthrough you have probably already found what i mention, but its not spoiling whats happening, you really need to find everything and get all 5 core endings for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last two sentences were a bit of a spoiler because I haven't found that archive yet, lol. But it was my suspicion any how, that the Machines were humans at one time. I'm sure there will be more about that explained as I get further through the game

Last night I decided to pull back on moving through the main quest line and focus on some side quests that I couldn't do on my first play through. Do you think it is important to keep up with the side quests? Or just wait until I have finished the main plot 4 times, then just go back and do everything after I beat the game?

The last two sentences were a bit of a spoiler because I haven't found that archive yet, lol. But it was my suspicion any how, that the Machines were humans at one time. I'm sure there will be more about that explained as I get further through the game

Last night I decided to pull back on moving through the main quest line and focus on some side quests that I couldn't do on my first play through. Do you think it is important to keep up with the side quests? Or just wait until I have finished the main plot 4 times, then just go back and do everything after I beat the game?
    its not an archive its notes in chests, you first run into them in the desert area after meeting jackass. and i did them but the sidequests overlevel you a lot, plus progressing can make you miss stuff as you progress, better to wait for the chapter unlock section.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not an archive its notes in chests, you first run into them in the desert area after meeting jackass. and i did them but the sidequests overlevel you a lot, plus progressing can make you miss stuff as you progress, better to wait for the chapter unlock section.
    Excellent! I can start flying through the story now rather than hunting down side quests!

And yeah, the notes is what I meant. I think the proper term would have been 'Intel' not Archive. But ultimately, the Notes is just what I meant. I got 1 note regarding the Gestalt, and 1 note regarding something irrelevant, like a weather report or something.

Ohhh, knowing that I can skip the side quests for now is exciting. I can't wait to see more of the main plot!

gonna get this game later today. was always planning on getting it day 1 but i had such a backlog of games i wanted to finish first(i dont like starting a new game without finishing a previous one). So the different endings. Do I have to replay the game multiple times to get them? Cuz im the one and done type when it comes to single player story modes. does the story change every time i replay it?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    gonna get this game later today. was always planning on getting it day 1 but i had such a backlog of games i wanted to finish first(i dont like starting a new game without finishing a previous one). So the different endings. Do I have to replay the game multiple times to get them? Cuz im the one and done type when it comes to single player story modes. does the story change every time i replay it?
    The game begins as you playing as the main character (2B). You play through the game, unfold the story as it is told to you. Then the credits roll.

After that, you get a message which states that it isn't over yet. Now when you continue from your saved game, you play as your teammate (9S). While playing as this character, you will learn more about the story than was told on your first play through. Rinse and repeat for a total of 4 play throughs with varying degrees of information that you are provided.

This is not a 'New Game +' situation. It is way better than that.

Excellent! I can start flying through the story now rather than hunting down side quests!

And yeah, the notes is what I meant. I think the proper term would have been 'Intel' not Archive. But ultimately, the Notes is just what I meant. I got 1 note regarding the Gestalt, and 1 note regarding something irrelevant, like a weather report or something.

Ohhh, knowing that I can skip the side quests for now is exciting. I can't wait to see more of the main plot!
    Just remember to check the whole map as 9s to hack open chests, most of the project gestalt stuff and certain others things can be found and they explain pretty much everything the ending doesnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember to check the whole map as 9s to hack open chests, most of the project gestalt stuff and certain others things can be found and they explain pretty much everything the ending doesnt.
    Good call!

On the second play through I have been finding all kinds of places that I didn't know was there. Such as the Desert Tunnels. And also a building which you could enter that I never realized had an opening.

Good call!

On the second play through I have been finding all kinds of places that I didn't know was there. Such as the Desert Tunnels. And also a building which you could enter that I never realized had an opening.
    Those are everywhere, in the skyscraper where you fight a colossus early on you can get up the elevator shaft at certain points to find adam and eves table, books and glasses to wear for fashionsouls reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are everywhere, in the skyscraper where you fight a colossus early on you can get up the elevator shaft at certain points to find adam and eves table, books and glasses to wear for fashionsouls reasons.
    Ha! That's funny!

When I first saw one of them at their table in a quick cut scene, I was thinking to myself "when the hell were they sitting there?"

Then in another scene I saw them sitting at the table again talking to each other about eating fruit. I had no idea you could actually go there. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started it, give me some gameplay tips.

How to git gud?

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

How to git gud?
    Honestly combat isn't that difficult - only bullet hell parts are kinda harder. Though i played Normal. I found fast weapon like small swords to be better because of faster attacks and longer combos, but you can use literally anything and be fine.

As for the chips, well, i didn't care really much about them. All have their advantages, obviously + defense and + weapon damage are always good. I found the Auto-heal also very strong as you usually get hit not very often, and if you're in a bad situation you can just play defensively and stay away of danger until hp is full again.

10+ Year Old Account

How to git gud?
    I bought the Ancient Overlord sword as soon as I could. It is one of, it not the only small sword which offers Crit +. That sword should be able to be upgraded to level 2 pretty early on, which will unlock the increased Crit chance bonus.

Once you have bought the sword, I suggest purchasing all the Plug In slot upgrades. They are sold in the resistance camp by the woman who also sells upgrades to your Pod.

As for Plug-Ins. I go with a few things. Weapon Damage, Crit, Shock Wave, Melee Defense, Max HP, Offensive Heal.

As for the Pod, I personally love the Hammer and the Laser. But honestly, that is your call. I kinda ignore my Pod. I haven't upgraded it, and I tend to not even fire the gattling gun most the time.

How to git gud?
    HP regen chips, get a +6hp per second one and you will never need healing items again.