Wolfenstein Dev Sees Series As Trilogy, Talks Mecha-Hitler

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo...source=twitter
    Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus may not be the last of the new Wolfenstein games.
    One of the big announcements from E3 2017 was that a new Wolfenstein game is in development. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is the follow-up to The New Order, and it takes main character BJ Blazkowicz to a Nazi-occupied United States. According to creative director Jens Matthies, this may not be the last game in the modern Wolfenstein series--and Mecha-Hitler may one day return to the games.

Appearing on Giant Bomb's E3 live show, Matthies fielded a question about Mecha-Hitler, the imposing, robotic Nazi leader from some of the original Wolfenstein games. To answer, he revealed that developer Machine Games has hoped that the new Wolfenstein series would be three parts--hinting at a possible reemergence of the antagonist later on.

"We always envisioned this as a trilogy," he said. "If we get to make the third one--once we introduce Mecha-Hitler, you can't go up from there."

Matthies' statement should be taken with a grain of salt, and he tempers expectations himself. There's no third game in development yet, and publisher Bethesda would have to greenlight it first, presumably based on how The New Colossus performs. But it's exciting nonetheless to envision a modern, high-fidelity Mecha-Hitler appearing in a later Wolfenstein game. Also worth noting is that Matthies and Machine Games are seemingly not counting The Old Blood, a standalone expansion to The New Order, as one of the entries in the trilogy.

The New Colossus launches on October 27 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. We learned a lot about it at E3, like the fact that it has a submarine hub.
    Awesome.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I am totally on board with this. I loved both of the recent Wolfenstein games. It had been awhile since I had that much fun in a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    I am totally on board with this. I loved both of the recent Wolfenstein games. It had been awhile since I had that much fun in a shooter.
    100% agree, I need to get around to finishing up the first one. From what I have played I love it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only bought them last week (when they were on sale on Steam) and holy hell they have been the most fun I've had gaming in a while.
    I expected to fail miserably because I was used to playing easier shooters (although I barely play shooters), but I 'got gud' and had a blast.

Keen for 2, and welcoming anymore that they bring out.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    100% agree, I need to get around to finishing up the first one. From what I have played I love it.
    You should finish the first, play Old Blood, and if you haven't, play the new Doom as well. Just non-stop ear to ear grin.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    You should finish the first, play Old Blood, and if you haven't, play the new Doom as well. Just non-stop ear to ear grin.
    Ya I got lazy and lot's of games I haven't finished. Right after E3 I bought Old Blood as well.

Doom is great also, just another game I need to finish tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wolfenstein New Order was my personal favourite game of 2014, and Doom was my personal favourite game of 2016. Both hands down.
    Still have to finish Old Blood but I'll have to restart that one to get back into the groove as I'm halfway into it but can't recall where I am in the game right now.

New Colussus will def. be bought too, and one can only dream about how awesome beating Mecha-Hitler would be!
    Both Doom and Wolfenstein truly sparked something in the (to me) stale FPS genre. Good pacing, humor, lots of shooting, lots of blood and even dual wielding. Must have been since Painkiller that I had this much fun in shooters.

Deleted
    I personally only really became of their existence when New Order and Old Blood were £3 a pop on the Playstation Store (Double discount for PS Plus subscribers).

I absolutely loved tearing through them, and was very happy to hear that so soon after I had completed them, New Colossus is on its way!

My only question is that I didn't really ever hear about Hitler in the games, unless I missed something? (I read most of the papers and notes lying around, but didn't see anything too key?)

Where has he been all this time? Deathshead seemed to be the focal point of the regime in New Order at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    --snip--
    Can all you do is enter a thread and bitch and moan?

I linked the story and did add my opinion, I also replyed to other posters. You are the one who is offtopic and adding nothing.

Tbh I still need to play the first new Wolfenstein game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh I still need to play the first new Wolfenstein game.
    I highly recommend it and if you are a collector the DLC has a hardcopy release.

Its a stand alone expansion, timeline wise its set before the first game. So just pick what one u rather play in what order.

Some say its worse (in little way's) then the first game but still good.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the quality/fresh ideas are there then by all means do it.

The first had the right amount of story that was quality for the game type, as well as the game feeling fresh yet back to Wolf roots. So far the second one seems to up the ante.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I highly recommend it and if you are a collector the DLC has a hardcopy release.
    Well I'll check Amazon but I'm kinda not doing big spending for modern games atm. Working on finishing up my Mega Drive collection

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfenstein...+the+new+order

Yeah I'll wait for it to go on sale on PS4 store methinks. Or hell might just get it for PS3 since it's £15. Since graphics don't really matter to me.

Well I'll check Amazon but I'm kinda not doing big spending for modern games atm. Working on finishing up my Mega Drive collection

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfenstein...+the+new+order

Yeah I'll wait for it to go on sale on PS4 store methinks. Or hell might just get it for PS3 since it's £15. Since graphics don't really matter to me.
    Buy used man, Much Much cheaper.
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/wolfenstein...w-order-232525 (new $20, Pre-owned $10)
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/wolfenstein...d-blood-519974 (New $6 Pre-Owned $10) Odd pricing.

Or if u buy new just don't do it from Amazon, Sometimes.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-22 at 04:16 PM.

Buy used man, Much Much cheaper.
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/wolfenstein...w-order-232525 (new $20, Pre-owned $10)
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/wolfenstein...d-blood-519974 (New $6 Pre-Owned $10) Odd pricing.

Or if u buy new just don't do it from Amazon, Sometimes.
    Meh tbh I probably will just get it on PS3 to save money. Not denying the graphical difference but that's a minor part of the experience for me. And as for GAME well I've had multiple issues with them before so I avoid them. Usually it's either my local shop or Amazon. Local shop is one of those family owned ones and I know the owner and his family pretty well so he always get's me good deals both Retro and Modern

Meh tbh I probably will just get it on PS3 to save money. Not denying the graphical difference but that's a minor part of the experience for me. And as for GAME well I've had multiple issues with them before so I avoid them. Usually it's either my local shop or Amazon. Local shop is one of those family owned ones and I know the owner and his family pretty well so he always get's me good deals both Retro and Modern
    Cool beans man whatever floats ya boat

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you clearly added your “opinion” to it…

... and of course you replied to the other posters, got to bump those numbers!

But I’m really sorry if I somehow offended you, I promise that from now on I’ll just start reporting these for spam instead of “bitching and moaning”, I wonder if that’s what the moderators also did last time they closed one of these threads after warning you about it.
    Are you going to add anything to the topic at hand or keep bitching and moaning?

It's "awesome".
    I agree, more in the series is welcomed.

Just finished Old Blood, apparently it's half as long, and not nearly as good as New Order?

Also, it's apparently a prequel. I got it for free when I got Doom, but it's interesting to know that I didn't really skip a storyline, so to speak, by playing Old Blood first and not yet playing the other o_O

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Just finished Old Blood, apparently it's half as long, and not nearly as good as New Order?

Also, it's apparently a prequel. I got it for free when I got Doom, but it's interesting to know that I didn't really skip a storyline, so to speak, by playing Old Blood first and not yet playing the other o_O
    Yes Old Blood is a prequel to New Order and is not as good, That isn't to say its bad tho.