Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Are you americans proud of what you did to Mexico?

Oh wait, you act as if it wasn't your fault and want a wall now.
    And the left-wing white guilt whopper of the day goes to...

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    America has a terribly slow legal immigration system... it needs revamping. It shouldn't take 6-10 years to immigrate here.

- - - Updated - - -

America takes in few immigrants relative to our size and we do show extremely slow with long drawn out processes that take many people years.
    There's nothing wrong with that at all. Becoming a citizen shouldn't be like picking up a side job or switching baseball teams.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's always someones else's fault! That should be the liberal motto.
    It always comes down to the lizard government of the US

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    And the left-wing white guilt whopper of the day goes to...
    What does it have to do with political orientation or even skin color?

Racist comment of the day goes to you.

Mexico has been in ruins for years without American involvement. Secondly they are highly corrupt and anyone who knows about the government in Mexico knows they are stubborn and easily bribed. If they refuse the gangs pay a nice visit. Thirdly ever hear about the zapistas? Yeah they are rebel group found in the most southern state of Mexico. Those people literally hate everything about nafta and American imperialism. So you see why the wall is necessary.
    Separate on the issues I am friends with a couple of Mexicans and trust me they hate trump but are well aware of the problems of Mexico and they would rather live here then there.
    I've also heard and seen reports about gun violence and how they circumvent the gun laws. So much for regulation.

Oh yeah, Mexicans have no self control! I forgot about that!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I say let them all in my liberal friends cant be wrong so why not do the right thing and let them all flood in, what could be bad about that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Uh huh... there are a lot of people with the same opinion but you should know the opinion of the masses really doesn't matter.
    That's not an issue with people being unable to affect the system, it's people not knowing how to affect the system. For example, Trump and his supporters are known broadly as anti-illegal immigration, but a pew study regarding attitudes on illegal migrants, delineated by political affiliation, are largely split relatively evenly on the questions presented to Trump supporters. Heck, 60% of respondents who voted for Trump were in favour of illegal migrants staying US residents if they met the criteria for immigration. However, these people still voted for a candidate like Trump who was incredibly anti-immigration.

It seems very obvious to me the issue is people not knowing how to affect the system and feel disenfranchised, as though they need to settle, rather than the system being unaffected by the people.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that at all. Becoming a citizen shouldn't be like picking up a side job or switching baseball teams.
    I think there is something wrong with it when we have afghans who we had fight against terrorism, promised them they could move here, and then drag them through a process where many of them end up getting killed because they couldn't get out in time while they waited forever.

I wonder what their weapon of choice for murder is in Mexico since it is quite illegal for someone to possess a gun outside their home under most circumstances.
    Mexico has very strict firearm control laws.

I think there is something wrong with it when we have afghans who we had fight against terrorism, promised them they could move here, and then drag them through a process where many of them end up getting killed because they couldn't get out in time while they waited forever.
    Well that's a promise that shouldn't have been made in the first place, but that's little to do with the entire topic at large.

The process is slow and thorough for many reasons, all of them valid.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Well that's a promise that shouldn't have been made in the first place, but that's little to do with the entire topic at large.

The process is slow and thorough for many reasons, all of them valid.
    No it's not... if it was slow and thorough for many reasons then you wouldn't have pretty much a universal agreement that it's over the top.

It's not even fucking thorough per se. Not when something says gets cleared but now you're waiting for 2 years while literally nothing happens.

As of May 2016, for most countries, unmarried children of U.S. citizens must wait more than five years and siblings of U.S. citizens must wait more than 10 years. People from countries with high levels of immigration to the United States—Mexico, China, India, and the Philippines—generally have longer waiting times. For example, married children of U.S. citizens from Mexico must wait more than 20 years for a visa to become available, and Filipino siblings of U.S. citizens currently wait about 25 years.
    20 fucking years? 25 years? 10 years? That's not them being thorough.

Mexico's problems have been going on far longer than the War on Drugs.

No it's not... if it was slow and thorough for many reasons then you wouldn't have pretty much a universal agreement that it's over the top.

It's not even fucking thorough per se. Not when something says gets cleared but now you're waiting for 2 years while literally nothing happens.

20 fucking years? 25 years? 10 years? That's not them being thorough.
    "Pretty much a universal agreement" lol. Nothing like discrediting yourself 20 words into your rant.

It's certainly them being thorough, it's also the big government largesse people like you love until it crimps your feelgood agenda items, then you want to become quasi conservative and trim the fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    And then there are also people that don't want to let a single person in.
    Pot calling the cattle black.

There is a grey area, you know?
    No there's not, not when you have 30 million living here now. If your seeing grey it's because your colorblind