Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Well Tauror you're obviously an uber driver bringing false propaganda.

Uber drivers are unprofessional and their cars are dirty. It is known
    So, not only you assume about who I am, but also about how things work in my country? Fucking amazing.

http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/videos/socie...f2d018a5234a2b
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-06-22 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    So, not only you assume about who I am, but also about how things work in my country? Fucking amazing.
    It wasn't an assumption. It's beyond obvious that you're pretending not to be an Uber driver at this point.

As for how things work in your country, I don't know what you're talking about. An uber driver is an uber driver, being it in africa or bloody antartica.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    UBER seems like a good thing, especialy to someone with a bit of a tight budget like myself who is a student.
    Well not paying taxi licences and taxes makes them competitive, but it also makes them a crooked corporation. Btw they increased prices (by 2x) in every UK city that had a terrorist attack (in a day of attack), so morality of this corporation is non existent. Also they basically spit in a face of taxi drivers which do their work properly (I only hope that government will see that and tax them to hell and back).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    It wasn't an assumption. It's beyond obvious that you're pretending not to be an Uber driver at this point.

As for how things work in your country, I don't know what you're talking about. An uber driver is an uber driver, being it in africa or bloody antartica.
    The Uber drivers in your country also drive dressed up with suits on luxury cars, like professional chauffeurs?

(Note: I don't even own a car, public transportation all the way).
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-06-22 at 01:47 PM.

The Uber drivers in your country also drive dressed up with suits on luxury cars, like professional chauffeurs?
    That's enough lies for one session Tauror. You've been out of control for a while.

No uber driver would ever drive a luxury car while wearing a suit.

Besides, the food on the floor and the flies and all the junk food piling on the back seat would completely invalidate that.

Deleted
    No uber driver would ever drive a luxury car while wearing a suit.
    You refuse to see the video I posted, I see.

Go troll someplace else.

Go troll someplace else.
    Wow how disingenuous of you. You're vile beyond belief. You edited your comment.

I will now watch your video and come back to you in a moment

- - - Updated - - -

Go troll someplace else.
    I'm sorry but do you expect me to understand ape? Your video isn't in english. I almost expected better of you

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-22 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    And Microsoft back in the day, the browser thing.

And then they fined Apple $14 billion here recently.
    I see sarcasm flew over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Pretty much everywhere.

I think they were technically ruled illegal at one point here in Melbourne. Not that that stopped them.
    Taxi drivers in Poland started a more effective practice recently. They call Uber themselves and after the ride they request a receipt. Since Uber drivers don't have cash registers in order to skirt the law, they can't do it, so the passengers call the police and the Uber drivers get fined. The last case that hit the newspaper ended in ~2.5k euro fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    Where is the efficient model when safety and insurance for the passenger is completely ignored? Why do you think that governments make regulations? Any idiot can go out and transport people, but that does not mean every idiot should be allowed.
    No, no, you just don't get it. Placing regulations on people who have the safety of other people in their hands as a part of their job is basically totalitarianism or something. Who needs customer protections. Stop blaming the more efficient model that's only more efficient only because it deliberately ignores the law while not actually being exempt from it (in the majority of countries where it operates) and for no other reason. It's the law's fault, not the lawbreaker's

And while I doubt I'll change your mind on the efficiency of Uber (which is so efficient it's hemorrhagic money) but I hope that at least when a totally-not-a-restaurant chain that cuts costs by ignoring health and safety regulations opens up near you, you'll embrace that efficient model wholeheartedly.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-06-22 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    It's not silly logic. Blocking a major road should be considered and treated the same way as extortion, just instead of a small group of kidnappers taking a small amount of hostages, you have a whole bunch of assholes taking the whole city hostage.
    Yes but hypothetically if people are protesting idk say... killing puppies for fun and they happen to block a road you're going to be pro killing puppies because you were inconvenienced?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    What sort of insurance do you have, just bog standard or do you have taxi insurance?
    i dont know about other places but in canada ontario you just need general car insurance. mind you most insurnace companies do not cover uber drivers (like TD or such), Intact Insurance does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    To be a taxi driver you need a license, and it is required to do regular service checks of your car..

With uber, you do not need either of those things.
    You don't know what kind of shit driver you get, or how long ago the car was serviced..

I wouldn't ride a uber, because I am not stupid enough to put myself in such a dangerous situation..

If I absolutly need to use a payed transport, I would much rather ride a taxi where I know the driver has a license and the car has recently been to service.
    That is incorrect information. Uber requires annual safety certification from a Ministry approved mechanic to continue driving with them. Also your car cannot be older than 6 years from the current year.

Uber drivers are also rated and receive commentary openly by their clients regarding their service. If your rating drops, you stop receiving requests efficiently and eventually if it drops too much are called in for a re interview or release.

There are horror stories on both sides as in every business, but please do not put false information to support your argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Yep this. I'll never ride in an uber.
    He posted incorrect information.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Maybe if taxis weren't so terrible...
    This. I'd also add mass transit, particularly in smaller cities.

In my view, this Uber situation was entirely the making of municipal transit and cab licensing. They made themselves vulnerable and open to be surpassed by an innovation like Uber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have public liability insurance in you insurance cover or will a passenger have to sue you if you cause an RTA were the passenger is injured?
    Comprehensive. It covers everything. Basic doesnt. But iirc u cannot have basic coverage when signing up for uber. Like I had to tell my insurance about Uber and then provide Uber with insurance documents that cover car, driver and passenger. It's by intact.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

5+ Year Old Account
    Taxis are extremely expensive where I live. Uber rides cost about half as much. Cab companies love to gouge you as much as possible so I'm happy they are feeling the burn, the greedy, bloodsucking bastards. My GF takes the car to work and I'll often use Uber because not only do I like being driven around, I do not feel like paying thousands upon thousands for a new car+insurance. I have had a bad experience with Uber only once.

Uber is a godsend when I visit Las vegas, Las Vegas taxi drivers are terrible who take every opportunity to pad the meter by taking longer routes and even flat out ignoring directions by their passenger. Cab drivers constantly get in trouble with the local cops for this, which are ignored because the occasional missed fair is worth all the other price gouging foolish tourists.

Uber tells me the route, the price, and expected arrival before I even click the 'request' button. The trip from the Aria to the airport was about $8 (if it wasn't already free from an Aria promotion) compared to over $20 taxi drivers manage to rack up despite my requests to go straight there. Which they interpret as going on the freeway, loop around the strip, then take surface streets down the strip to the Aria.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well Tauror you're obviously an uber driver bringing false propaganda.

Uber drivers are unprofessional and their cars are dirty. It is known
    I'm not an Uber driver/employee and I will agree with Tauror on that.

It's so much the truth that in my country it's common to joke about Uber being too courteous and "sissy" versus taxi being a shitfest service but "manly".

But maybe Uber is the same everywhere, it's just the taxi service that can vary from good to a pile of shit. It's so bad here that I prefer Uber even when my company pays for my taxi bill.

Love Uber. never had a bad experience in several US cities. Just wish they would add a "silent ride" check box to the app so the driver knows ahead of time I don't feel like chit-chatting about non-sense. I either feel like a dick for being rude and ignoring them or continue a conversation I don't wish to have. Past that, I've never had a problem. Cars are always clean and newish. They are prompt, don't cost too much and usually know how to take alternate routes if the main one is backed up with traffic. Some of them go out of their way for that 5 star review. Offer water, or a phone charger,or gum/candy, or the aux cord so you can bump your own tunes on the ride.

Had one the other day that was particularly awesome. Me and wife had 1 too many drinks while downtown, left car in the parking garage and UBER took us home. The ride wasn't anything spectacular but the guy was a genuinely interesting cat. I got his number so I can text him for a ride next time. Skip the commission on Uber and just put cash in his pocket.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    In the uk uber, and all taxi drivers, have to have public liability insurance. Medical cover is pretty much universal through the NHS, but loss of earnings and possible long term care needs can only be covered by public liability insurance. Such insurance is very expensive in the uk and greatly increases the cost of driving a cab for uber or any other such company. Couple that with the price of car, licences, fuel, maintenance etc and ubers five star service at rock bottom prices, uber drivers in the uk make well below minimum wage.
    Its the same here in Canada Ontario. Total coverage is a requirement to be a driver. Yea insurance goes up but thats just the name of the game. I do not know about demand in uk, but in toronto there is pretty high demand. I know some people in my own extended family who do this as a full time job and make about $4500 CAD, per month.

Toronto is good to do it in, because its a tight city, and intercity transport is so good most ppl do not buy cars they use Uber or TTC.

Uber is illegal in Denmark, a ruling has been made. Taxis require a special kind of licence here (both to be allowed to a driver, but also another kind of drivers licence, with specialized harder tests), and the car has higher requirements and is required to be checked for flaws more often. A lot of stuff does so a normal taxi is more expensive, so Uber was ruled as not adhering to these laws.

I can only speak to my experience with UBER, but it's always been good. I've used it in multiple cities in the US without problems, and its been 100% reliable. Traditional cabs, on the other hand, I've had much worse experiences, such as the cab never showing up or taking a detour to pick up someone else on the way or... bleh.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

my experience with Uber has so far been pleasant. I would assume these new ehailing services will takeover traditional taxis soon