Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Server stereotypes & are they true!?

Now Ragnaros gets a lot of bad rep and for a good reason. Almost everyone I've played with from that server has:

-Picked fights in world PvP and ganked lowbies
    -Completely disregarded raid tactics
    -Left M+
    -Completely disregarded tactics in BGs
    -Went on a foul-mouthed rant
    -Used exploits, kickbots, lagscripts or outright hacked
    -Ninja pulled and ninja looted

Now I'm sure there are a lot of great people on Ragnaros but the rest sure leave you with a sour taste in your mouth. Do you have any server stereotypes and do you think they hold true for the majority of people on a given server?

Deleted
    Twisting Nether? more like Turkish Nether, yes its true, Kebabs please leave.

Twisting nether on EU is an awful server full of aggressive turks
    Archimonde and Ysondre on FR are full of jackasses and self centered assholes (even worse than the average french player)
    From my experience,those stereotypes are mostly true

Deleted
    All of those are valid for every high pop server, especially PvP realms.

BR servers, EVERY fucking stereotype is true.

bonobos would play this game better.

Ragnaros always seems to have players with terrible attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Twisting nether on EU is an awful server full of aggressive turks
    Archimonde and Ysondre on FR are full of jackasses and self centered assholes (even worse than the average french player)
    From my experience,those stereotypes are mostly true
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    BR servers, EVERY fucking stereotype is true.

bonobos would play this game better.
    Every time this topic is brought it always results in 'X ethnic group is shit' case and point the quoted.

Pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Ragnaros the server where everyone banded together to report someone to get them silenced?

The person who made an LFG group that said in the description, "Nobody from Ragnaros allowed".

15+ Year Old Account
    And here in America we just complained about Brazilians popping up because they're the worst players ever.

I'll never forget going into a Dire Maul east and being in a group of 3 of them. The tank was in all whites.

Honestly, I'd have to look up where to even buy all whites.

I know it was a troll but good god way to make your country look like a bunch of tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Every time this topic is brought it always results in 'X ethnic group is shit' case and point the quoted.

Pretty funny.
    it's not the people, it's the server. the worst of their playerbase congregates there.

one of my few friends is brazilian, but she plays on moon guard, and she doesn't actively try to fuck everything up.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kazzak EU very elitist people, flamers, haters, etc. Of course I have met plenty of nice people too like my old guild during MOP. Also its very easy and cheap to buy ahead of the curve FoS achivs when you need them!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Now Ragnaros gets a lot of bad rep and for a good reason. Almost everyone I've played with from that server has:

-Picked fights in world PvP and ganked lowbies
    I fucking dare you to make a alliance on illidan and stay alive in a open zone more than an hour

They are most definitely true.

People from grimbatol and aggra are usually loud spanish kids shouting stupid insults and other strange words

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not the people, it's the server. the worst of their playerbase congregates there.

one of my few friends is brazilian, but she plays on moon guard, and she doesn't actively try to fuck everything up.
    But the people are the ones who create the sterotypes about that server, and more times then not, it tends to come down to this group one certain ethnic group is shit. Therefore the server gets that sterotype. A server doesn't have a sterotype because it's a server, it's has it because of the people who are on it.

For my server (Moonguard), it is....

Sadly.....

*Cries*

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    Kazzak EU very elitist people, flamers, haters, etc. Of course I have met plenty of nice people too like my old guild during MOP. Also its very easy and cheap to buy ahead of the curve FoS achivs when you need them!
    Kazzak is the birthplace of legendary dragonslayers. You shouldn't take players from kazzak lightly. Especially warlocks, might you encounter the most ferocious of the dragonslayers

Moment crz was added on eu it became infamous that one of the servers, i think 'frostwolf' had basically been an infested pit of assholes that was breaking quarantine. They had their own server culture that was simply to be ruder, lazier and outright anti social to each other and when we all started blending our instanced content into a melange of crap they rose to the top as the "oh shit not frostwoff players" boogeymen that were horrid to be on the same team as in pvp and a nightmare in leveling dungeons. I stopped seeing them much in late mists so i think the rep meant many transferred off or made new mains elswhere but that rep really stuck, not quite as infamous as argent dawn or moonglade of course but you dont have to worry about "yar yar hump hump" showing up in your dungeon que do you?

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Why did Twisting Nether get the works? That's nobody's business but the Turks! You leave..
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

I found it funny when RP-PvP servers got merged in the EU and different servers' RP styles suddenly clashed. Each server had some sort of non-written code of conduct and what stuff was acceptable or wasn't, but Defias Brotherhood's customs were completely out of this world. One of the other servers even developed a call for DB folks' weird behaviours that went something like "*eye roll* Fucking Defias".

EDIT: Post no. 100, yay!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People from Sargeras have a reputation for 1) Not being able to pronounce their realm name correctly (They use a soft G so it's more like Sargent) and for being elitist pricks. Almost everyone I've played with from that server has been extremely hostile and any of them I've interacted with on Mumble/Discord/Whatever has pronounced their server wrong despite Sargeras being said in-game a few times. B