Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Because despite being a "dead" language, English speakers do still get exposed to a lot of Latin in our day to day lives. We do not get a lot of exposure to Orental languages, and when the Voice Actor is pronouncing it almost completely different to how you would pronounce, (D-umb-ah, anyone) it in English... Yeah, it get's chalked up as white noise. It sounds nothing like it is spelt! :P
    I use Japanese voices, so Doma is pronounced Doma, I don't know the weird way the English VA pronounces any of this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I use Japanese voices, so Doma is pronounced Doma, I don't know the weird way the English VA pronounces any of this.
    They pronounced Doma like Dome but with an A at the end. So Doh-ma.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Dunno if this has been mentioned, but EXDR is THREE dungeons.

Kugane Castle
    Temple of the Fist
    And the final MSQ dungeon.
    I saw the first boss in the MSQ dungeon. Have you done it yet Faroth because I need to PM someone about it

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    They pronounced Doma like Dome but with an A at the end. So Doh-ma.
    Allise and Lyse do. Yugiri, Gosetsu and other Othard NPCs pronounce it with a flatter "O" sound, so it's more "Duuuuumah".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I saw the first boss in the MSQ dungeon. Have you done it yet Faroth because I need to PM someone about it
    I've completed MSQ, yes!

I've hit The shinryu wall holy fucking shit how am I going to get passed this?

Faroth edit: Added spoiler tag (bit late, sorry, but still added) T-T
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-06-24 at 06:19 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Fishing 45 <3 and I know people will laugh at that and call me all the names in the book. But I am bloody proud I did something I normally loathe. Grinding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post

-snip-

So as someone who had concerns but no longer has them, could you shed some light on the subject?

As I said not trying to argue this is a genuine question.
    I'll PM you

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Never had nor understood this problem. Either now or back in mists of pandaria with the 'im not racist, but-' crowd saying how 'asian shit has no place in fantasy rpgs which are western only'.

Because you dont get knights and samurai existing on the same planet. Thats just unrealistic.

I half kid, i dont think its outright racist, maybe a little xenophobic on some secondary level but the 'im not racist but-' crowd that goes full pepe tier "FUKKEN WEEB SHIT IN MUH SKYRIM CLONES RRREEEEEEEEEE" are like videogames versions of flat earthers. They have this very specific complex that without a hint of irony are unaware it makes them look lowbrow as all get out.

Still not quite as bad as the "anything that doesnt look like bethesda potato people= "anime" grandad logic" but still strange.

It always reminds me of the post wrath stuff where the wow devs said they briefly considered an arabian nights WoW expansion that was "aladdin meets jason and the argonauts" but they relented because "western gamers are not receptive to cultures in games not based on medieval europe". We still got some leftovers like the djinn in Uldum but man what could have been if the 'im not racist, but-' crowd weren't so vocal about their complex.
    Wow, someone definitely hangs out in /v/. I did for a few weeks but I realized it was nothing but a negative cesspool despite originally going there for 'freedom', and having to filter out like 70% of the threads via key words. I certainly don't talk like they do though.

The manner in which I mentioned having a concern is how a mature normal person would mention it, and absolutely nothing like you'd see on the shitfest that is /v/

If you had read comments I made after that you'd know I have no issues with Asian themes and even enjoyed them in many games, especially in MoP. It was just a weird concern I had for a few weeks after seeing the SB trailer as I thought it wouldn't fit into 14 because it might feel less fantasy based in terms of design and music and lose its variety. We're talking about FF14, not other games. I no longer have those concerns (they just disappeared on their own) and I find it silly that I had them in the first place. I literally mentioned my concerns once and it was after the SB trailer came out. It was small and short, as in a one sentence post just asking if anyone had any concerns at all. Then I mentioned it last night since the expansion is actually out and people with early access have seen every zone but I didn't actually have any concerns anymore.

In regards to the Aladdin thing, I'm sure there are plenty of people that only played for all the skulls and bones you saw in Wrath, they tend to be horde and loved their bone mud huts in WoD.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-06-22 at 02:53 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Current chocobo (level 20) at 69 with my current gear does as much damage as me... pretty much. Also has 10k more HP.
    Is there a quick way to level your chocobo? Mines only like rank 3 LOL. Forgot I could use it so I didn't in ARR.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Is there a quick way to level your chocobo? Mines only like rank 3 LOL. Forgot I could use it so I didn't in ARR.
    It's not like you could, you were likely always in a queue anyways and couldn't have it out.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Make sure to get at least 100 kills per week with it assisting so that it completes the challenge logs for them; it'll help you get it to level 10 (at the very least) fairly quickly. To get to 20 will take for freakin' ever (I've been playing since right before HW launch and mine is just now halfway from 19 to 20). Admittedly, I have not been zealous about completing the challenge log for it every week, so it definitely won't take 2 years to complete, but it's still a drag (like 3.5 million xp per rank from 15 onward).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    . To get to 20 .

...there's a rank 20 for Chocobo's ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    ...there's a rank 20 for Chocobo's ?
    Yes, you have to feed your chocobo a certain onion. Cannot remember the name, every level after 10. To get to the next level.

Finished the lvl.67 dungeon. After the 'procedure' foreshadowing i really expecting something a bit more Hojo tier than what we got.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Faroth

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...er_minion_via/

Spoiler: 
    To spite the asshole that is keeping it secret, I am now posting it here.

I came up with this tweet, which leads you to this site, which states the source of the minion being "リテイナーベンチャー(山岳G20)".

Google translate says this means "Retainer venture (Mountain G 20)". Some further help leads this to mean that the Odder Otter minion can be procured via Miner Ventures, expedition 20 and onwards.

I don't actually know what ventures are (haven't personally done them yet) but there's your info. Happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    @Faroth

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...er_minion_via/

Spoiler: 
    To spite the asshole that is keeping it secret, I am now posting it here.

I came up with this tweet, which leads you to this site, which states the source of the minion being "リテイナーベンチャー(山岳G20)".

Google translate says this means "Retainer venture (Mountain G 20)". Some further help leads this to mean that the Odder Otter minion can be procured via Miner Ventures, expedition 20 and onwards.

I don't actually know what ventures are (haven't personally done them yet) but there's your info. Happy hunting.
    Are people really keeping it secret? If so that's an asshole move over a goddamn minion. Thanks for the info though Anza. I want it as well so now I know to level my Miner retainer up. <3

How do people pug shinryu Jesus fucking Christ
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want it as well so now I know to level my Miner retainer up. <3
    At least I already have 60 mining retainer, now just to level up my own Miner from 60 to 70 so retainer can level up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    At least I already have 60 mining retainer, now just to level up my own Miner from 60 to 70 so retainer can level up as well.
    Yeah I kind of slacked before Stormblood. Plus was busy with work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I kind of slacked before Stormblood. Plus was busy with work.
    Spoiler: 
    Someone on my server confirmed this, this morning. It comes Miner, Botanist, or Fisher Lv61 up ventures.

@Faroth