Poll: Which is it?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Waffles have no much more going for them, the ease to cook, the ease to just pop one out the toaster and walk away... the little syrup canyon's.

Yet pancakes win in the one area that counts the most: taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    That's not a pancake it's a Crepe.....
    Now translate pancake to French.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Crepes.

Pancakes are OK, but not really my thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    enjoy your diabetes while you wash that down with coke
    As if you get diabetes simply by eating something like that now and then.

OT: I like neither of them as a breakfast, but generally speaking, I prefer pancakes. Just like them better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I like waffles a lot better because they have that slight crunch and don't get as soggy as pancakes do
    You, my friend, need some crepes in your life. ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Now translate pancake to French.
    gâteau au casserole?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    OT: I like neither of them as a breakfast, but generally speaking, I prefer pancakes. Just like them better.
    Yeah, not really breakfast food for me either. Seems to be more of an Anglosphere thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    gâteau au casserole?
    Or, you know, crêpe.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Or, you know, crêpe.
    I wouldn't know. I made my translation up.

Deleted
    Yeah, not really breakfast food for me either. Seems to be more of an Anglosphere thing.
    Quite possibly. Personally, I am generally not a fan of breakfast to begin with and pretty much never have it - but if I do, then pancakes (or waffles for that matter) aren't exactly the type of food that would come to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first reflex was to go with waffles. One knows where one stands with waffles, but pancakes can be tricky. I'm American, and this is what first springs to mind for "pancakes"

Oops! Then again, what about:

or even:

I'll have some of each, thanks!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Sweet Pancakes, with Sirene which is salty n creamy af, the combination is out of this world

For some reason, never tried it with waffles

Waffle House waffles are best waffles.

Here in south we don't do "crunchy" waffles. (wtf is wrong with you heathens)

From a nutritional standpoint, one pancake is objectively better than one waffle; you get less carbs and fat, but roughly the same amount of calories.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Mostly because we call those crepes... You know, their actual name.
    A name that means, you know, pancake.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You should try them, liege waffles are crunchy because they use Belgian pearl sugar. Which gives the waffles these wonderful bites of sweetness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalModerator View Post
    From a nutritional standpoint, one pancake is objectively better than one waffle; you get less carbs and fat, but roughly the same amount of calories.

Sorry.
    Well there's a lot of variability. You can make waffles and pancakes that are low carb and high protein, you sub out the flour for almond flour, or egg whites and protein powder. You can also make them whole grain...

Waffles and pancakes don't HAVE to be high carb or high sugar, the protein powder versions are really good too. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You should try them, liege waffles are crunchy because they use Belgian pearl sugar. Which gives the waffles these wonderful bites of sweetness.
    Waffle House waffles are already close enough to eating cake without icing IMO. Any sweeter and I'd get...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Waffle House waffles are best waffles.

Waffles are just inherently crunchy (at least slightly) because of the way they're prepared. They do gotta have some give though or else you're just eating like... a cookie or something.

5+ Year Old Account
    The real answer is french toast. Barring that i go waffles because they are essentially pancakes upgraded with syrup traps. #brunchlife

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Mostly because we call those crepes... You know, their actual name.
    Wow, that was needlessly rude.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..