Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Mythic+ RAID Keystones!?

Would you be in favor of Blizzard creating a Mythic+ Raid Keystone system?

So essentially if the top end guilds clear Mythic difficulty, they get a keystone (which only works for the next week's raid lockout) that they can use on the that would increase boss dmg and health by a percentage and also increase the rewards.

So a mythic boss in ToS currently gives 925+ base loot, but a mythic+ boss could give 935+ base loot and maybe some completely prestigious titles and mounts that would be so rare (because of how difficult a mythic+ boss would be), it would rival that of the Black Resonating Crystal in rarity (the scarab mount from opening the gates of AQ). Not many guilds would be able to complete the full raid and kill KJ on this difficulty.

Basically this would mean nothing to people who don't raid mythic, but it would serve as an extra challenge and progression path, and path to exclusive rewards for the top tier of players on your realm and in the world.

I probably would never see any of these bosses / rewards (unless my guild becomes a little more hardcore and starts doing mythic again), but I wouldn't be opposed to other players and guilds who could pull it off.

Adding another difficulty in raid would be annoying, also creating content for the few people that clear mythic isn't efficient. There are already prestigious mounts and titles for doing mythic raids

There are already prestigious mounts and titles for doing mythic raids
    People can get it overgeared/next expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    People can get it overgeared/next expansions.
    and that expansion has new mounts and titles
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winrarw View Post
    Adding another difficulty in raid would be annoying, also creating content for the few people that clear mythic isn't efficient. There are already prestigious mounts and titles for doing mythic raids
    Its not really a difficulty, its still mythic but its an added layer for guilds who (optionally i might add) would want to push even further.

Believe it or not, there are some guilds who finish mythic pretty early in the life cycle of the raid being open who just farm farm farm. Giving the option of having a keystone system like in the dungeons would essentially give them a challenge / rewards commensurate of that challenge until the next patch and raid opens up for as long as they wanted.

Mythic is difficult enough. Less than 0.1% of all players clear a mythic raid.. Don't need to waste resources for something nobody is gonna do....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winrarw View Post
    Yes, but they keystone system disappears in the next expansions for this current expansion, meaning, guilds / people trying to solo would no longer be able to obtain these ultra rare mounts.

Seeing someone ride by on a scarab mount right now is an awe inspiring site. That would return when we see one or 2 dudes ride by on an unobtainable ultra rare mount from keystone+3 Mythic KJ Ultra Special / Rare mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Mythic is difficult enough. Less than 0.1% of all players clear a mythic raid.. Don't need to waste resources for something nobody is gonna do....
    Not wasting any resources to apply the same system from dungeons to raids. Its basically a copy paste issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yes, but they keystone system disappears in the next expansions for this current expansion, meaning, guilds / people trying to solo would no longer be able to obtain these ultra rare mounts.

Seeing someone ride by on a scarab mount right now is an awe inspiring site. That would return when we see one or 2 dudes ride by on an unobtainable ultra rare mount from keystone+3 Mythic KJ Ultra Special / Rare mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Not wasting any resources to apply the same system from dungeons to raids. Its basically a copy paste issue.
    Yes, the awe inspiring sight of seeing someone with access to mommies credit card and be able to server xfer a couple times before Blizz shut off that loophole... sure fills my heart with wonder I tell you...

When I saw the thread title, I was thinking you meant like the Black Temple timewalking thing, not current raids.

I think it would be amazing to see, for instance, an SSC raid where you're scaled down to level 70, but you do an SSC+6 and everything has 45% more hp/damage and maybe a new ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laego View Post
    When I saw the thread title, I was thinking you meant like the Black Temple timewalking thing, not current raids.

I think it would be amazing to see, for instance, an SSC raid where you're scaled down to level 70, but you do an SSC+6 and everything has 45% more hp/damage and maybe a new ability.
    Thats an awesome idea too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Yes, the awe inspiring sight of seeing someone with access to mommies credit card and be able to server xfer a couple times before Blizz shut off that loophole... sure fills my heart with wonder I tell you...
    I love how try-hards always use this argument that no one obtained the mount legitimately. Get off your high horse.

you've done it

you've invented both hell and ilvl hyperinflation

Sadly if blizz were to implement such a thing, there would be no 'mythic raid' race. Instead it will be Mythic+ whatever will be the maximum. Guilds would have to forever progress the same bosses with slightly higher hp and dmg each time just to get 'world first'. Sounds exhausting as fuck, and it already is with the way the difficulties are atm

Yes Jay. They could even do it for LFR, Normal and Heroic!

my idea is similar to this but

instead of a keystone and timer and levels

once you've cleared a mythic raid

you can choose some random affixes from mythic + that will be throughout the next clear should you want them.

volcanic.. sanguine etc etc.. there'd be no competition element to it, just a bit of extra fun for those guilds that have couple months left till new raids

10+ Year Old Account
    pls no, we have too much stat inflation over the course of an expansion as it is.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

We already have a m+ system for raids, except its in reverse. We have mythic raids, then in heroic,normal and lfr we have the same raid, except with mechanics removed.

Oh boy, another brilliant and ground-breaking idea from Jaylock.

No, mythic raiders are already the "top tier" of players. Only around 1-2% of the playerbase ever clear mythic raids while they're current content. There's no reason for Blizzard to spend time tuning and balancing yet another difficulty on top of it.

also lol @ comparing mythic+ mount rewards to a one-time-event mount

rofl

10/10 bait

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    1666 guilds killed Gul'dan on Mythic. That's 1666*20 = 33320 players (roster size is normally 25 or above but accounting for guild changes, people going casual blabla so let's say 20). WoW apparently has 33M players so I guess we're at an all time high

OT
    That aside I think it'd be a very difficult thing to realize (what happens during christmas when your whole guild can't commit, how do you stop people from burning out even more etc) even if it's an interesting idea. I think you'd need to cut the higher ilvl rewards since that'd trivialize future content though, and add other lucrative rewards (mounts, titles, transmog sets) instead.

You have a VERY low bar for "awe inspiring"...i never really care what someone has. i might inspect someone to see what mount it is then go "oh, he had more free time then me" and go on my merry way forgetting said dude forever.
    I'll never understand people who take "pride" in having some pixels in a game..it's just completely against the concept of a game for me to idolize these people.

(...)
    Actually for me this is not awe inspiring at all anymore. Being a long time player since vanilla and having grown from an "having all the time in the world" youngster to a "suposed grown-up that plays video games but has responsabilities", i seem myself with less and less time to dedicate to games. Let alone dedicate said time to things that can only be obtained in a specific period of time or else it's gone. So as you can imagine (and i'm not alone in this one) soloing old content for transmogs and etc is an appealing thing to me.

That being said i don't really want to go to a pandaria challenge mode, for example and solo it for the set from back then, but i really see no point in removing things like the pandaria and warlords challenges when they have shown they had the technology to scale people down in power so that it can remain a challenge for a far longer period than it is available.

They are even doing it with old raids these days. Hell, they could have a time walking Ice Crown Citadel that you would have to do scaled down , with the drop rate for invincible from back then on heroic, that would always be challenging. But no, unique stuff is much more awe inspiring :P

At some point an older person just ends up wondering if he is wrong in continuing to want to enjoy video games, because this kind of crap gets thrown around the board a bit here and there, not only on WoW.

Edit: i also find it bad policy for new players. Oh look such an awesome mount / armor set. Where can i get this? Sorry mate, you arrived two years earlier.