Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    There are very few parts of the game right now that don't reward you twice for doing it.
    And the developers know it so they balance the rewards accordingly. You actually get very little out of doing all the stuff. They drip-feed you with content (time-gating) and rewards at the same time so you come back for more. It is all about keeping people occupied, not providing a fun experience. PvP gear being RNG-based, faction mounts being RNG-based. All to make you "want" to do teh same old content more and more and more. Time played matters more than actual entertainment value for them now. Actually, I believe they consider these two to be equivalent.... which is far from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well raid size or difficulty tweaks do not affect the "but I don't wanna raid" part of playerbase, I'm just baffled how they can claim wow used to be better in ye olde days and took some "bad turn" later when the earliest days on wow concentrated on raid patches, and any non-raid content was either pvp or "grind stuff".

There was very little challenging solo-player content except for mostly self-imposed challenges (iron man levelling, soloing dungeons or raids as close to current as possible, etc.), and challenging small-group content exists, it's called mythic+.

"Fun" is subjective, sometimes I wonder, Blizzard tried to branch out and add random stuff from micro holidays & pet pattles through brawls to lots of different content awarding loot, and people are constantly "not fun, not fun, not fun either". Should they just have not bothered and stick to the old formula raid / pvp / dailies / dungeons, which wow was since vanilla (well dailies since TBC, same with arenas).

I can understand your point - you liked wow more when raids had different format. But I can't understand people claiming "I never raided but wow had more content in the past", even though the history of wow is that patches were always raid-centric.
    My opinion is that it's very difficult for them to create content that a solo player can enjoy over a long period. Achievements/pets battles, those are alright, but that's limited to a portion of the playerbase. I don't think there's a lot of MMOs out there that really accommodate a solo player well (which makes sense, being that it is an MMO).

I think it's less of there being a content drought, are more there's just not much left that you personally find interesting. I'm bored with WoW and my account isn't active currently. But I would never say there's nothing to do. If I was so inclined there's hundreds of pets and mounts I could collect, PvP is there even though I wish it wasn't, I still haven't finished a 15 key for my appearances and I'd like to but I'm good enough. Not to mention hunting achievements. There's things I can do, but things I actively choose not to do because I don't find them enjoyable. Which is fine.

I also don't believe that running the same instance on multiple difficulties counts as content. A raid is a raid, whether you clear it on LFR or mythic.

Content drought in the sense that people that don't wanna play, don't feel like playing =/= actual lack of content.

Simple as.

As someone having no-lifed the entire expansion thus far, I sure as fuck ain't out of stuff to do in-game at max level.

Deleted
    Christ if your idea of doing all the content is doing the new raid at it's 2nd lowest difficulty and nothing else then why do you even play this game?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Killing the same bosses on different difficulties is "content" now ?
    It has been for 80% of WoW's life.. The fact retards are only complaining about it now is because they need something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Hahah. By that logic one can never run out of content to do because running out of content means BEATING THE RNG GOD.
    Different people are after different things in this game. So each segment of the playerbase runs out of content at a different time.

People who like world content are bored right now, that´s the crux of the issue. Boring.
    thankfully wow is not the only game on the market
    if you get bored with it, you can play something else
    but since OP was specifically referring to the raid, your comment has literally nothing to do with the topic at hand

and anyway the main content of this game has been raiding for 12 years
    but even tho there are more stuff to do outside raiding now than ever (world quests, of which we got a completely new zone recently), mythic+ (which is basically infinite) etc. people still complain about no "content outside raids", i always wonder what they had as "outdoor content" before(maybe outside vanilla, which admittedly had tons of outdoors grinding)

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    And the developers know it so they balance the rewards accordingly. You actually get very little out of doing all the stuff. They drip-feed you with content (time-gating) and rewards at the same time so you come back for more. It is all about keeping people occupied, not providing a fun experience. PvP gear being RNG-based, faction mounts being RNG-based. All to make you "want" to do teh same old content more and more and more. Time played matters more than actual entertainment value for them now. Actually, I believe they consider these two to be equivalent.... which is far from reality.
    Honestly a game feature I hope dies with Legion is the invasions. I do worry that they look at activity levels and call it a success and ignore the quick easy rewards. I don't find them overly fun, but there are times the quick rewards merit the 20 to 30 minutes. For plenty of people they enjoy chasing that carrot all the time. I still have 2 ppl in the guild that clear their map of every WQ daily, which to me is pure insanity, but they enjoy doing it. They certainly don't need most of the rewards, one of them has 800k order hall resources, they could never do another thing to collect them and be set for all of Legion. Yet they keep doing it because they enjoy it. So what seems like lunacy to me is hours and hours of fun for another. Hate or love Legion for it, but there are many different ways to play the game right now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I killed all the bosses in the tomb tonight and now there's no new content until the next raid. Isn't the last boss in a raid take at least weeks to even get to see?

Depends on what difficulty you try it on.

normal = no maybe a week if you have a sub par raid time
    heroic = somewhat, this should take a few weeks for the average group.
    Mythic = yes, This is where the difficulty is now. If you want a challenge you raid mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    thankfully wow is not the only game on the market
    if you get bored with it, you can play something else
    but since OP was specifically referring to the raid, your comment has literally nothing to do with the topic at hand

and anyway the main content of this game has been raiding for 12 years
    but even tho there are more stuff to do outside raiding now than ever (world quests, of which we got a completely new zone recently), mythic+ (which is basically infinite) etc. people still complain about no "content outside raids", i always wonder what they had as "outdoor content" before(maybe outside vanilla, which admittedly had tons of outdoors grinding)
    This is where the people who have paid their 15 dollars a month for a few years come in thinking they are owed exactly what they want to play all the time.

Honestly a game feature I hope dies with Legion is the invasions. I do worry that they look at activity levels and call it a success and ignore the quick easy rewards. I don't find them overly fun, but there are times the quick rewards merit the 20 to 30 minutes. For plenty of people they enjoy chasing that carrot all the time. I still have 2 ppl in the guild that clear their map of every WQ daily, which to me is pure insanity, but they enjoy doing it. They certainly don't need most of the rewards, one of them has 800k order hall resources, they could never do another thing to collect them and be set for all of Legion. Yet they keep doing it because they enjoy it. So what seems like lunacy to me is hours and hours of fun for another. Hate or love Legion for it, but there are many different ways to play the game right now.
    I hate when invasions "eat" that 500 honor WQ. Im really obsessesed with getting presting w/o actually pvp (because its terrible).

One man's content is another man's waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    I hate when invasions "eat" that 500 honor WQ. Im really obsessesed with getting presting w/o actually pvp (because its terrible).
    Prestige/Honor without PvP is silly. I hope they dont do the same mistake in next expansion.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    Having them overlap and kill the window on the open pvp WQ certainly sucks. I do wish they would figure out a way to stop having the invasions overlap short timed WQ like this. It is even worse when the over lap perfectly so you just get blocked from one of them for the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Prestige/Honor without PvP is silly. I hope they dont do the same mistake in next expansion.
    It is a result of them changing direction on the pvp talent trees and prestige. Prestige leveling up never ended up wiping your talents like it was originally going to do. The tower quests were a way to help recover abilities when it did. It was also a poor attempt to try and give pvp players WQ of their own. Blackrook Hold is the only one that pvp always happens in, the others you can just kill NPC until you are done and in plenty of cases even in a full area people will go out of their way not to fight each other.

It is a result of them changing direction on the pvp talent trees and prestige. Prestige leveling up never ended up wiping your talents like it was originally going to do. The tower quests were a way to help recover abilities when it did. It was also a poor attempt to try and give pvp players WQ of their own. Blackrook Hold is the only one that pvp always happens in, the others you can just kill NPC until you are done and in plenty of cases even in a full area people will go out of their way not to fight each other.
    I agree, Blackrook Hold arena is the only good one. I would prefer that instead of tower WQs, or some mild PvP objectives (e.g. Helfire Peninsula)
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1mcq View Post
    So what you are saying is normal and heroic is the new lfr/casual raid?
    Normal is the new casual raid. I one shot most the bosses in a pug on a alt. Only a couple lead to a few wipes. Heroic requires a of a team or if pugging people that know what's going on and some gear at this point in the cycle. Eventually it will be smashed in pugs all the time.

LFR at this point is for people that are socially ackward or just working on bumping up bad luck protection/titanforge hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post
    Unless you kill KJ on mythic you have content to do.

If this were true, then Blizzard wouldn't need to realease any new content for years and years (until nearly everyone has killed KJ on mythic).

Somehow I don't think that would work. Content is measured against what people want to do on a personal level. Otherwise you could tell most bored raiders that since they don't have 5000 pet battle wins they have nothing to complain about.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-06-22 at 04:39 PM.

No they aren't meant for lower skilled players, you could play once a week and easily do mythic. What is the problem with all content not being for everybody? Pet battles certainly isn't for me, that doesn't mean they should remove it. There is more then one way to play the game, that is a good thing.
    I think we're agreeing here... what my point was, the OP is a casual. He ran normal, killed bosses. He has nothing to do now until the next raid comes out. Casuals don't see the point of running the raid again next week to get more gear. They seen the content.

Oh, and guys, it's not technically someone talking negative on your beloved game when they say "cleared raid, no content now". Just like some people ask silly questions like "who would win in a fight Algalon or Lich King", not every piece of content is for everyone. Take me, all I do is raid and whore the AH. I don't give a crap about lore, I don't care about silly pet battles, etc.

So yes, when mythic ToS is done I will still run it every week because... well there's nothing else to do, plus da gear. It's actually odd to me, because I despise D3 since all you do is run the same thing over and over and over and over hoping for better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Normal is the new casual raid. I one shot most the bosses in a pug on a alt.

This is essentially why there is no reason to ever cut LFR from the game. Because removing it would only shine a light on how easy Normal is... And then the the same hatred that LFR gets would just end up pointed at Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Normal is the new casual raid. I one shot most the bosses in a pug on a alt. Only a couple lead to a few wipes. Heroic requires a of a team or if pugging people that know what's going on and some gear at this point in the cycle. Eventually it will be smashed in pugs all the time.

LFR at this point is for people that are socially ackward or just working on bumping up bad luck protection/titanforge hunting.
    LFR has never been any different? There's something drastically wrong with a difficulty when a large chunk of the group and just ask, stand in anything and everything, hit a button every 60 seconds and you don't have even the slighest chance of wiping.