Thread: Gear dilemma

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gear dilemma

So tonite while doing pvp I got 970 burning wish trinket well I already had anger and the shoulders...wtf do I use? I see burning wish is bis trinket but shoulders are nice. I ain't giving up the ring...

Well, of course a 970 ilvl trinket, when other can only be 950 at best, is bis, but it doesn't mean it's one of the two best legendaries
    Unequip the shoulders until you have another legendary upgraded after the ring.

Every legendary is essentially BiS in that slot due to the ilevel. It doesn't mean it's your BiS legendary though.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Every legendary is essentially BiS in that slot due to the ilevel. It doesn't mean it's your BiS legendary though.
    well yeah sorry i am talking more when i get all three to 970

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    well yeah sorry i am talking more when i get all three to 970
    Then keep shoulders + aothg.
    KJBW is not bis, don't know where you got that from.

Quote Originally Posted by Achie View Post
    Then keep shoulders + aothg.
    KJBW is not bis, don't know where you got that from.
    of all the trinkets in the game currently, sure it is.

ring + shoulders all the way especialy on single target.

For mythic + trinket could have its use but pesonaly I have betther runs with shoulders and ring then BW and I have crappy trinkets.

Deleted
    Trrinket is trash tier. You dont compare legendaries against other items in that slot, you compare the biggest jump amongst the legendaries. Shoulders/AotHG will be better than Kiljaedens on practically everything.

Thanks for all the replies. I just had a low ilevel 850 trinket and i knew it was ranked #1 on trinket list from many sites. Thats why I asked. I was thinking i will use it till i get the other 2 legendaries to 970 or should i just stick it back in my bags and go back to shoulders even if they are 940 atm?

I was just thinking the 90 itemelevel upgrade would override the shoulders for right now.

Thanks for all the replies. I just had a low ilevel 850 trinket and i knew it was ranked #1 on trinket list from many sites. Thats why I asked. I was thinking i will use it till i get the other 2 legendaries to 970 or should i just stick it back in my bags and go back to shoulders even if they are 940 atm?

I was just thinking the 90 itemelevel upgrade would override the shoulders for right now.
    It will most likely. You could simulate both gear sets if you really wanted.
    I'd personally just stick to shoulders + angers so I can get used to them during ToS raid mechanics, but that's personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Achie View Post
    It will most likely. You could simulate both gear sets if you really wanted.
    I'd personally just stick to shoulders + angers so I can get used to them during ToS raid mechanics, but that's personal opinion.
    yeah i need to download that sim thing again and see, Thanks

So ran simulationcraft and right now the trinket dps was constantly ~20k more dps. that being said when i get my ring upgraded i will re-sim it again and see. probly the best way to do it

- - - Updated - - -

did more simming after i got my ring to 970 and here is what i got. with ring at 970 and shoulders still at 940 i was getting 20k less dps than ring at 970 and burning wish at 970...Now i am sure this will change again once i get shoulders to 970. was just alittle update. I will be doing raid testing tonite.

10+ Year Old Account
    so i have aothg at 970, next best legos are soul ring and kjbw. which to up next?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    so i have aothg at 970, next best legos are soul ring and kjbw. which to up next?

what is the soul ring sorry i am out of the loop on other rings

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    Trrinket is trash tier. You dont compare legendaries against other items in that slot, you compare the biggest jump amongst the legendaries. Shoulders/AotHG will be better than Kiljaedens on practically everything.
    KJBW is way better than either of those for AoE. Anger does not scale at all with target count unless using CC, and shoulders are not giving noticeable AoE value either.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the soul ring sorry i am out of the loop on other rings
    new ring: soul of the slayer. gives first blood allowing you to take chaos cleave as bloodlet is useless with bracer nerf
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    KJBW is way better than either of those for AoE. Anger does not scale at all with target count unless using CC, and shoulders are not giving noticeable AoE value either.
    If were talking pure AoE sure. Theres no fight in ToS afaik thats pure AoE. It's all cleave. As a result, you'd be better off looking towards priority target damage.

https://puu.sh/wrucY/2033f088d5.png

KJBW is really only there for pad damage. If you want to be beneficial to your raid, don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    new ring: soul of the slayer. gives first blood allowing you to take chaos cleave as bloodlet is useless with bracer nerf
    personally the trinket. it is a HUGE agi increase and the ring is not even really talked about in the list of legendaries for us

- - - Updated - - -

the soul ring stats just dont compair to other rings but that is just me

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    If were talking pure AoE sure. Theres no fight in ToS afaik thats pure AoE. It's all cleave. As a result, you'd be better off looking towards priority target damage.

https://puu.sh/wrucY/2033f088d5.png

KJBW is really only there for pad damage. If you want to be beneficial to your raid, don't use it.
    Yes, this is definitely correct, but I was thinking of mythic+ specifically in the post - with the bracers nerf especially KJBW is quite strong for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Yes, this is definitely correct, but I was thinking of mythic+ specifically in the post - with the bracers nerf especially KJBW is quite strong for that.
    Mmm, that would depend on affixes, group, and which dungeon. For example in upper Kara it would be trash.