Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Already?

People quit because of too much acitivity.

Fck off.
    You're conflating repetitive motions with content

I quit because I felt there was too much to do - but it was the exact same thing every day.

So it was at once borin as hell and endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    This is essentially why there is no reason to ever cut LFR from the game. Because removing it would only shine a light on how easy Normal is... And then the the same hatred that LFR gets would just end up pointed at Normal.
    Hey now, you're borderline elitists trying to say normal doesn't pose a challenge! lul

More difficulties does not mean more content.

On topic: If your end-game consists on clearing normal, yes. Congratulations. Thank you and come again, says Blizzard.

This is essentially why there is no reason to ever cut LFR from the game. Because removing it would only shine a light on how easy Normal is... And then the the same hatred that LFR gets would just end up pointed at Normal.
    Queue for normal problem solved.

If this were true, then Blizzard wouldn't need to realease any new content for years and years (until nearly everyone has killed KJ on mythic).
    Heck most of the scrubs would still be working on KJ in Sunwell right now if this were the rule

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I quit because I felt there was too much to do - but it was the exact same thing every day.
    I don't know if that statement is true. It might just be semantics, but I'd say you quit because there wasn't enough of the content you like to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    More difficulties does not mean more content.

On topic: If your end-game consists on clearing normal, yes. Congratulations. Thank you and come again, says Blizzard.
    I agree, however what exactly do you define as content? Extra abilities, more challenging could be considered content.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    Queue for normal problem solved.
    That would not really stop the hatred.

The lowest form of raiding (no matter what it is) will always be a scapegoat for all of the evils of the game.

That would not really stop the hatred.

The lowest form of raiding (no matter what it is) will always be a scapegoat for all of the evils of the game.
    How it was in TBC then? Hating on t4?

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I don't know if that statement is true. It might just be semantics, but I'd say you quit because there wasn't enough of the content you like to do.
    I think we're both right. I found the paint on WQ and AP and Mythic+ started to peel pretty fast, but in a semi-hardcore raid guild it was kind of an expectation to do these things with some regularity so you can contribute to the group and continue to grow stronger.

no interest in constant nagging transparent character maintenance gift wrapped as 'things to do!'

I'm failing to see how this is any different than any other raid release in recent expansions. Aren't raids always cleared the first day or two on Normal/Heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    WoD had the same amount of content, if not more, by the time it had been around for 10 months - indeed, Tanaan Jungle was full of people at that time and there surely was not a lack of new world content to do at this time.
    So what exactly you could do in Tanaan that was better than Legion?

Farm apexis, savage claws - same stuff, we just have different currencies.
    Farm reps - same stuff, plus WOD reps were pinnacle of boredom, and now we have paragon reps.
    Camp doomroller for 1% chance for mount - we still have rare drop chance mounts to farm.
    Do fill the bar dailies - we have now WQ, same thing, just more of them.
    Farm rares for baleful tokens - we have rares on broken shore and dauntless tokens.
    Farm achievements - we have them now too.
    Do pet battle dailies - we have them now as well.
    World boss - we have more of them now.

So what exactly Tanaan had that people praise it now?

Is it that time of the year already "remember WOD, that was a cool expansion"? I thought people claimed WOD was the worst thing to happen to WOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    I don't think there's a lot of MMOs out there that really accommodate a solo player well (which makes sense, being that it is an MMO).
    Most MMOs are either grind shit and gank people or spam dungeons / raids / scenarios (or similar type of group content). Some have more organized pvp and concentrate on that.

Challenging open world content is an oxymoron, world content is always either a mass zerg (like Guild Wars 2 world bosses / events) or a griefing fiesta if the MMO has open world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post
    No the real end boss of a content is last boss of the raid in Mythic diffuculty. Normal and Heroics are just for people to see the content. And seeing content != doing content.
    Thats moving the goal posts. Nice try.

Here is a pro tip, pace yourself, instead of expecting someone else to do it.

Self control, learn it. Or make dumb posts like this one, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Here is a pro tip, pace yourself, instead of expecting someone else to do it.

Self control, learn it. Or make dumb posts like this one, I guess.
    How the hell do you pace yourself doing a raid? Frankly the problem the OP has is the same everyone, of any difficulty would have, if they don't like running the same thing after you've cleared it.

The real problem is that it's not as easy to make a raid versus say 20 pets. So the people who don't raid don't complaing about no content because there's more of it.

If this were true, then Blizzard wouldn't need to realease any new content for years and years (until nearly everyone has killed KJ on mythic).

Somehow I don't think that would work. Content is measured against what people want to do on a personal level. Otherwise you could tell most bored raiders that since they don't have 5000 pet battle wins they have nothing to complain about.
    This is true though, even though you're trying to use it against that fact. The issue isn't that there is no content, it's that there isn't content that people want to do. People play for different reasons, and once that reason is obtained they view the game as being out of content. Pet battling is content, and it's probably a safe assumption that not everyone has invested time in it, much like how mythic raiding is content that not everyone wants to participate in. It's not that the game lacks content, it just doesn't have enough in every area to appease everyone.
    Blizzard also doesn't base release times on when content is cleared, but rather sets a time they think everyone has had time to complete all content. That's the goal anyways from previous dev interviews thru the years. Obviously, that's not always the case and does not work out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    So what exactly Tanaan had that people praise it now?

Is it that time of the year already "remember WOD, that was a cool expansion"?

I will burn this forum to the ground and salt the earth.

- - - Updated - - -

How the hell do you pace yourself doing a raid? Frankly the problem the OP has is the same everyone, of any difficulty would have, if they don't like running the same thing after you've cleared it.
    Only progress 30% of the way through each boss every week.

Hearth if his health gets too low.

I agree, however what exactly do you define as content? Extra abilities, more challenging could be considered content.
    It could. Or we can call it what it is - options for the player, designed to tailor their gaming experience accordingly to their tastes, thus exponentially increasing the entertainment value they get out of the game.

And I see content as any new activities that are presented to us, the player, to be made.
    See it as:
    - Introducing a new set of battle pets for the player to collect VS re-capturing a Blue-Quality version of an already existing Green-Quality version combat pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post
    Unless you kill KJ on mythic you have content to do.
    This and all similar comments are utter bullshit. Even if the commenter isn't some try-hard it's still bullshit. Why? Because it ignores that for probably 90-95% of people mythic isn't a thing. For the VAST majority of players, even those doing organized raiding, 7.2.5 content is done when they've done H ToS if they raid. This is the main issue with multiple difficulties.

It's also entirely amusing when you tryhards use the same arguments on N and H that you use on LFR - that it's tourist mode, doesn't count, etc. Grow up.

You seriously can't figure out how to pace yourself?

How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Content drought in the sense that people that don't wanna play, don't feel like playing =/= actual lack of content.

Simple as.

As someone having no-lifed the entire expansion thus far, I sure as fuck ain't out of stuff to do in-game at max level.
    What are you doing? Unless you are running Mythic+ all day i really can't see much repeatable content. Rep mounts?