Poll: Moonkin Form should be cosmetic

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There is a glyph for that, if you can neither stand being a space chicken nor a blue, transparent version of yourself, maybe reconsider your class choice or go heal. If you want to reroll I suggest not going with SPriest, since they are basically the black version of glyph of stars and can't opt out either.

As Balance you are already privileged over bears and cats with even having the option to use glyph of stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Stars, is your option. I wasn't in support of removing tree form either. Don't think more should be taken away, it IS your identity. Glyph of Stars is already quite far. Else, as others have said, then you might as well have the same for Feral and Guardian, for Moonkins are enforced as being moonkins, that is your buff, as you take on their form.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't vote on the poll, biased poll is biased...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    That's true... the Resto change, i.e. Tree Form not necessary anymore, puzzles me.
    To be honest it seems to me that was pretty much a change for PvP, So Mages and Shamans could Hex/Poly Druids, It's annoying, My main has always been my Druid, And I do wish they had kept it so you had to be in tree, It's nice being able to Glyph it, But it's annoying that you can't just pick whichever forms you want to Glyph, The limit is annoying=/

10+ Year Old Account
    nooooooooo, leave fat owls alone, they make me laugh on their little mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Oh... poll is up! Totally unbiased poll.

If you can't handle being awesome chicken, don't play awesome chicken.
    I voted no because of the biased poll, I don't even play Druid.

I think the OP wants to become a Druid Mage, but forgets that Druids class revolves around shape-shifting. If you don't like Moonkin then that's your problem, not the class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I voted no because of the biased poll, I don't even play Druid.

I think the OP wants to become a Druid Mage, but forgets that Druids class revolves around shape-shifting. If you don't like Moonkin then that's your problem, not the class.
    Maybe they could make alternate forms instead of an ugly overweight chicken-owl mutation. Like a Dryad form, or Arakkoa form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    Maybe they could make alternate forms instead of an ugly overweight chicken-owl mutation. Like a Dryad form, or Arakkoa form.
    That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Just as treant form is not mandatory anymore, so should moonkin form lay down. Sure it can stay as a cosmetic shapeshift, but the increase in effectiveness should be baseline for all Balance druids.

Druid should have at least an option whether they want to run around as a fat cosmic chicken or not, Balance could be much more enjoyable this way and you would finally actually see how your character improves by getting new armor. The main reason I started an Elemental Shaman and not a druid back then was because of this hideous shapeshift requirement.

A druid can't even use transmog options properly because they are forced to remain shapeshifted most of the time.
    Literally, what's wrong with you ? Like 10 people already told you there's a glyph that lets you do exactly what you want , yet you completely ignore this and keep raging.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Use Glyph of Stars if you don't like your Moonkin form. Granted, I dislike being a Moonkin too but meh, as long as there's a glyph to fix it I don't mind it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    I would just be happy if I could have slightly more customizable moonkin. Let me choose a different skin or different horns/antlers, or SOMEthing.
    This right here. I'd like to see the moonkin get some more form customization like bears and cats do. Give us different feather colors, antlers, etc.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

Moonkin form never makes much sense. It's also a myth that druids shapeshift to do everything. They don't. They shapeshift to do something otherwise they can't. You can find more information about druidism in both WotA trilogy and Stormrage and you will see that shapeshifting is never central to what it means to be a druid. It simply is a part of it. Both moonkin and treant form don't allow them druids to do what they can't which is why you hardly see the forms represented in important lore characters.

Just introduce another glyph that does not make me transparent. I totally understand that the form has become iconic to the spec over time in the game, so removing it is likely not an option.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-06-22 at 01:42 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No way. I love running around as a moonkin because they're awesome and I love the woods they inhabit. Makes me feel like I'm a part of those wilds they come from and I'd hate it if it was just made cosmetic. I wouldn't want to ruin what makes the class unique.

I also agree with having more customisation options for the moonkin so I could make it look like it comes from a specific tribe.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Druids are known for their shape-shifting forms. Perhaps Feral should not use bear or cat form? Yeah, bad idea.
    Complete non-argument in this context.

Feral Cat - a 4 legged feline predator using abilities like rip, shred, pounce, claw, bite. Class fantasy is being agile and damage dealing via bleeds and melee damage with razor sharp claws and teeth
    Feral Bear - a 4 legged thick skinned bear using abilities like mangle, thrash, maul, swipe. Class fantasy being a massive and durable animal with enormous pain threshold complimented by adrenaline (rage) and abilities like ironfur and frenzied regeneration.

Removing those forms make either of these specs ridiculous as their look is vital to their class fantasy and any logic surrounding their abilities and roles.

Resto Druid - 2 legs, 2 hands for weaving and casting nature spells to heal allies courtesy of relationship with the moon goddess Elune. Used to have to be in tree form but Blizzard decided this wasn't needed for class fantasy and if anything tree form should exist as a cooldown in which being a tree is beneficial for a short period
    Balance Druid - Same as Resto druid but to damage rather than heal and therefor must either be a chicken or blue for no real good reason other than it's always been a chicken and recently allowed to be blue.

Removing Balance druid form, and even maybe replacing with a CD where you can go chicken for a bit, is completely reasonable and absolutely not the same as bear or cat

I think all the forms should have glyphs that allow you to gain the form without changing your model.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Complete non-argument in this context.

Feral Cat - a 4 legged feline predator using abilities like rip, shred, pounce, claw, bite. Class fantasy is being agile and damage dealing via bleeds and melee damage with razor sharp claws and teeth
    Feral Bear - a 4 legged thick skinned bear using abilities like mangle, thrash, maul, swipe. Class fantasy being a massive and durable animal with enormous pain threshold complimented by adrenaline (rage) and abilities like ironfur and frenzied regeneration.

Removing those forms make either of these specs ridiculous as their look is vital to their class fantasy and any logic surrounding their abilities and roles.

Resto Druid - 2 legs, 2 hands for weaving and casting nature spells to heal allies courtesy of relationship with the moon goddess Elune. Used to have to be in tree form but Blizzard decided this wasn't needed for class fantasy and if anything tree form should exist as a cooldown in which being a tree is beneficial for a short period
    Balance Druid - Same as Resto druid but to damage rather than heal and therefor must either be a chicken or blue for no real good reason other than it's always been a chicken and recently allowed to be blue.

Removing Balance druid form, and even maybe replacing with a CD where you can go chicken for a bit, is completely reasonable and absolutely not the same as bear or cat
    Balance has had Moonkin for years and years, it's apart of the make up of the spec now. You can't just dismiss it because it doesn't fit your narrative, Warcraft Druids have always been built around the forms they take, again, you can't just dismiss this because you don't like it. If you dislike Moonkin, you have a glyph, I suggest you use that and stop trying to re-imagine a class 10+ years later.

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    I believe that's probably the right way to go to give players more choice but not change the class immersion.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2017-06-22 at 05:37 PM.

I'd rather get a glyph to just make Moonkin Form not do any visual differences.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    you can still use it, the fact that it matters to the individual player is key. you not being forced to play an astral chicken is all that would change.
    You aren't forced now. Multiple people have mentioned the glyph of the stars. Go use that. You see your armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sure...then make the threads about how everything gets removed, pruned and uniqueness taken from classes...
    Every post of yours boils down to: "The WoW community is 1 person."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Everyone of my posts boils down to "People will complain about everything and anything, no matter how inane"

Oh yeah..and thank you for reading all my 27 000+ posts. I feel like Joanne K. Rowling now
    So, nuance and hyperbole escapes you.

Either way, yes det, a forum featuring, at least, thousands of posters, that is relevant to a game which features a userbase in the millions is bound to have conflicting and mutually exclusive opinions. Shocking!

Nothing wrong with having the option and there's nothing wrong with giving the player a glyph that removes the visual.