Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Either way, poor people get screwed and die.
    Suddenly, Senate Republicans are fine with this sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Suddenly, Senate Republicans are fine with this sentence.
    As are GOP voters, because they're NOT poor, they're just temporarily set back millionaires. But as soon as their Loto winnings come in, people like them better watch out!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    As are GOP voters, because they're NOT poor, they're just temporarily set back millionaires. But as soon as their Loto winnings come in, people like them better watch out!
    I hope our GOP Voters in Illinois aren't looking forward to their lotto winnings. Until we manage to get Madigan and Rauner to decide on a budget our powerball and mega millions is gone.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

This Trumpcare death bill will get passed the Senate the same way it got through the House.

1. There will be GOP complaints made just for show.

2. McConnell will offer a few billion dollars here and there (i.e. virtually nothing in the massive scheme of the healthcare system and will not change the cruelty and death) to bribe the holdouts.

3. This insignificant movement will be reported as a big concession by the media.

4. Then they will ram this thing through on Thursday.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-06-22 at 04:38 PM.

So, early impressions I've seen of the Senate version are that it's still much worse than the ACA, just slightly better than the House version of Trumpcare.

Oh how lucky we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So, early impressions I've seen of the Senate version are that it's still much worse than the ACA, just slightly better than the House version of Trumpcare.

Oh how lucky we are.
    Praise you senate for being so nice to America! Slightly less shit in our soup than what the house was serving~

Video of disabled people literally ripped from their wheelchair protesting the Trumpcare death bill.

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/877932005593300993
    https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/877923923958038528

Video of disabled people literally ripped from their wheelchair protesting the Trumpcare death bill.

"Ripped" is an exaggeration, they were pushed or carried out if they were not compliant. It's still bad optics, but we can do without the hyperbole.

10+ Year Old Account

Some of the responses to those tweets were downright barbaric. Blaming Democrats for using people in wheelchairs as pawns, claiming that the CBO is Fake News and nobody is going to lose Healthcare, and telling the disabled that it's their fault they're disabled to begin with. Is there no new low that Republican supporters will not stoop to to defend their team?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at videos of the protests...

I think I would strongly consider quitting if I was an officer.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Some of the responses to those tweets were downright barbaric. Blaming Democrats for using people in wheelchairs as pawns, claiming that the CBO is Fake News and nobody is going to lose Healthcare, and telling the disabled that it's their fault they're disabled to begin with. Is there no new low that Republican supporters will not stoop to to defend their team?
    I think with the consistent trend we've seen in the last decade would suggest that there is no low that they would not go.

Party before country and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Looking at videos of the protests...

I think I would strongly consider quitting if I was an officer.
    That's because you're not in office.

A Democrat won't resign over this, they'll fight the attack on the poor, sick, and old to the death.

A Republican...well, they don't care. I mean, yes that's a generalization, but look at the evidence we've been provided. After the TrumpCare 1.0 and 2.0, where did they hide? Away from town halls? Away from the press? Crafting the next one in secret meetings behind closed doors?

There is zero to negative evidence that TrumpCare 1.0 2.0 or 3.0 will help people who are sick. It will cut taxes for the rich, at the expense of poor people paying more for health care, or losing it entirely. There is no other description of any of these three attempts that is valid and accurate.

And, arguably most importantly, it will hurt their own base -- rural, blue collar, undereducated, Souther, and old -- the most.

The CBO report is due Monday or Tuesday. Just because it's not as bloody as TrumpCare 2.0 doesn't mean it won't be a mess. Bring a sponge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's because you're not in office.

A Democrat won't resign over this, they'll fight the attack on the poor, sick, and old to the death.

A Republican...well, they don't care. I mean, yes that's a generalization, but look at the evidence we've been provided. After the TrumpCare 1.0 and 2.0, where did they hide? Away from town halls? Away from the press? Crafting the next one in secret meetings behind closed doors?

There is zero to negative evidence that TrumpCare 1.0 2.0 or 3.0 will help people who are sick. It will cut taxes for the rich, at the expense of poor people paying more for health care, or losing it entirely. There is no other description of any of these three attempts that is valid and accurate.

And, arguably most importantly, it will hurt their own base -- rural, blue collar, undereducated, Souther, and old -- the most.

The CBO report is due Monday or Tuesday. Just because it's not as bloody as TrumpCare 2.0 doesn't mean it won't be a mess. Bring a sponge.
    I meant police officer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    I think with the consistent trend we've seen in the last decade would suggest that there is no low that they would not go.

Party before country and all that.
    Not even party before country because they are shitting on a good portion of their base.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Not even party before country because they are shitting on a good portion of their base.
    That sure still sounds like party before country. No one said that couldn't be bad for a portion of their own base.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Watch the roger stone documentary on netflix. Win at all costs is the republican party.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing to me that even after having 7 years to come up with an alternative the GOP just can't manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It's amazing to me that even after having 7 years to come up with an alternative the GOP just can't manage it.
    That's because they don't really want to improve the ACA, because doing that would cost money. Therefore, any plan they could have come up with would have been less costly - and therefore, unless they were really creative, worse - than the ACA. In this case they also wanted to save money for their new tax cuts, so that meant they had to take even more money out of the ACA. Which is his how we got the POS the House came up with.

They cannot make a better plan than the ACA without spending more money. It just can't be done, especially with how conflicted they are. That's why they were so heavily against it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It's hard you know.

How do you decide the right number of people to kill to give yourselves and the rest of the elite tax cuts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    They cannot make a better plan than the ACA without spending more money. It just can't be done, especially with how conflicted they are. That's why they were so heavily against it in the first place.
    I agree but would phrase it this way -- they cannot repeal the ACA in a way that gives a tax break to the rich. Therefore they aren't interested in having it happen.

There is a theory bouncing around that McConnell actually wants the bill to fail in the Senate so he doesn't risk the damage to his majority. And it may very well not get the 50 votes.

Government programs should be designed to be temporary anyway. Also the people who want access to them should have to pay into the programs in order to get access to them. Lastly, illegals should get a lifetime ban on receiving them.