Page 1 of 3
LastLast

'Pelosi is worse than Trump in some parts of the country'

From CNN Social TV Producer Leinz Valdez

Ryan said, "I don't think inside the beltway are realizing just how toxic the Democratic Party brand is in so many parts of the country."

CNN article below.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/22/politi...ntv/index.html

Nope.

And also, Pelosi gave these ungrateful fucks healthcare, and Ryan wants to rip it away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

Ryan said, "I don't think inside the beltway are realizing just how toxic the Democratic Party brand is in so many parts of the country."

CNN article below.
    That has everything to do with right wing propaganda, not actual reality. Would you consider 3 investigations initiated by republicans in the house, senate, and DOJ liberal fake news?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Nope.

And also, Pelosi gave these ungrateful fucks healthcare, and Ryan wants to rip it away.
    Your first and second graph show just how partisan and deluded republican/conservative voters are when it comes to their team, whereas democratic/liberal voters actually gave Ryan a chance for 3 years before they split.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

CNN article below.
    Kinda falls under the "no shit" category. Trump won the election, despite his collusion and lies, people still voted for him. I'm not sure how your thread title is news.

10+ Year Old Account

CNN article below.
    You realize that this is explicitly an admission that some Republican voters are blind ideologues who vote based on party allegiance rather than any understanding of platform or policy, right? It's a condemnation of those voters who think that way.

I know he didn't mean it to be, but it's like saying "hey, some of our voters are stupid, and we respect that."

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Kinda falls under the "no shit" category. Trump won the election, despite his collusion and lies, people still voted for him. I'm not sure how your thread title is news.
    Not my title, it is CNN's title. I suggest you take it up with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You realize that this is explicitly an admission that some Republican voters are blind ideologues who vote based on party allegiance rather than any understanding of platform or policy, right? It's a condemnation of those voters who think that way.

I know he didn't mean it to be, but it's like saying "hey, some of our voters are stupid, and we respect that."
    Not everyone is smart, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah... she's on the wrong "team". It has nothing to do with her or her policies (though both are not without flaws) it has to do with the color of her team jersey. 'cause politics are like sports to a lot of folk.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone is smart, right?
    I'm not calling anyone stupid.

I'm pointing out that Ryan was. It isn't a criticism of the Democrats, it's a criticism of the apathy and intellectual stagnation of enough voters that they care about "brands" more than policy and platform.

As a for-instance; anyone who says that the Democrats weren't addressing the issues of working-class voters. You'd have to have deliberately avoided even looking at the Democratic Party platform to think that's true, meaning you're willfully ignorant. Because they clearly had major platform points on those very issues. Voters not knowing that is a mark against the voters, not the Democratic Party.

I'm not calling anyone stupid.

I'm pointing out that Ryan was. It isn't a criticism of the Democrats, it's a criticism of the apathy and intellectual stagnation of enough voters that they care about "brands" more than policy and platform.

As a for-instance; anyone who says that the Democrats weren't addressing the issues of working-class voters. You'd have to have deliberately avoided even looking at the Democratic Party platform to think that's true, meaning you're willfully ignorant. Because they clearly had major platform points on those very issues. Voters not knowing that is a mark against the voters, not the Democratic Party.
    As far as I can tell, millions of voters between the coasts get their information about Democrats from right-wing talk radio.

I'll have to look for some more statistical support, but for a while I've gotten the sense that Americans as a whole like Democratic policies but don't really like Democrats, but like Republicans more than their actual policies.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2017-06-22 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    As far as I can tell, millions of voters between the coasts get their information about Democrats from right-wing talk radio.

I'll have to look for some more statistical support, but for a while I've gotten the sense that Americans as a whole like Democratic policies but don't really like Democrats, but like Republicans more than their actual policies.
    Makes one wonder where "millions of voters" get the information from about Republican voters from doesn't it.

Makes one wonder where "millions of voters" get the information from about Republican voters from doesn't it.
    People like you, who quote Breitbart, copy/paste clickbait facebook articles and that kind of crap all the time.

Kinda easy, really...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    People like you, who quote Breitbart, copy/paste clickbait facebook articles and that kind of crap all the time.

Kinda easy, really...
    I kindly ask you to find where I have quoted them. If you cannot please apologize. It should be "kinda easy, really". You have 30 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account

Or it is an admission that the leaderships value and the rank and file values are no longer aligned. California politics are not well respected in many parts of the country, even "moderate" ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Or it is an admission that the leaderships value and the rank and file values are no longer aligned. California politics are not well respected in many parts of the country, even "moderate" ones.
    She's a representative, not a senator. She represents San Francisco. California have more republicans than several midwestern states combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    No, we're talking about cases where people claim that Democrats have no interest in X, when the Democratic Party platform clearly had sections detailing their proposals to address X.

You might disagree with how they choose to address those issues, but claiming they do not is objectively wrong and demonstrates nothing but that person's willful ignorance.

Not my title, it is CNN's title. I suggest you take it up with them.

You linked it, I'd have thought you'd be able to discuss stuff around it rather than screaming "speak to the authors!!!" the second somoeone questions you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You linked it, I'd have thought you'd be able to discuss stuff around it rather than screaming "speak to the authors!!!" the second somoeone questions you.
    That's what he does around here. Posts a link, then cries about how "vicious" posters are when they question him. Sounds like a problem in the home.

Pelosi only needs to be liked in 1 part of the country because she only represents that 1 part. It just so happens that 1 part is a little bit crazy.

Trump is supposed to represent the entire country, not just the parts that like him.

Also, most congressmen and senators have really low approval ratings. I think Sanders and Warren are the only ones in the positive.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    That's what he does around here. Posts a link, then cries about how "vicious" posters are when they question him. Sounds like a problem in the home.

He has a cycle.

makes claim, feigns ignorance, ignores what proves him wrong, Then will go on about how he isn't a hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Some people make a living observing others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    He has a cycle.

makes claim, feigns ignorance, ignores what proves him wrong, Then will go on about how he isn't a hater.
    Ah, that is where you are incorrect. I admit when I am incorrect.
    I do however enjoy observing people squirm when they won't admit they are incorrect and they won't agree with others when it doesn't fit within their narrative.