Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    If you don't enjoy it and you're terrible at it, then you don't get the rewards. Simple.

It makes the rewards pointless for people that do actually earn it when people such as yourself who are unable to earn it just buy it. Whether it's elite gear or glad mounts, it's the same concept.

If it was my choice, players such as yourself would be permanently banned from the game. Shame there's a subscription fee and that won't ever happen as they'd lose too much money, because there's so many garbage players in this game that feel entitled to every reward in the game even though they're too trash to earn them themselves.

The fact you lied about selling raid boosts was also funny, you're literally a bottom-tier raider and always have been. Armory is great.
    You either didn't bother to check anything but the first page of the armory or you don't know how to. Either way it doesn't matter I have 18 million gold and looking to get a transmog set can you tell me who would be game or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lykaboss View Post
    please dont lie that you carry people in pvp. If you actually did carry then you would know that gold transactions for carries are completely legal meaning it doesn't matter if it is traceable.

cash transactions however are against blizzards terms of service and i hope all carriers get caught and banned.
    cash transactions will never be caught, blizzard isn't the fbi, I will say once again, gold has no value whatsoever. 400 euros or fuck off.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    You either didn't bother to check anything but the first page of the armory or you don't know how to. Either way it doesn't matter I have 18 million gold and looking to get a transmog set can you tell me who would be game or not?
    I did check, you have 2 mythic feats from the last 3 expansions. Clearing it after the tier is over isn't relevant.

So let's get this straight:

You've played this game for "over a decade" but you're still a below-average raider with 2 mythic FoS's over the past 3 expansions and it took you nearly 2 weeks to break 2k in 5s in WoD.

Yet you think you can "easily obtain it, it's just boring"

Please, return to the general-OT forums. Consider the fact you're below-average at a game you've played for 10 years and consider unsubbing before you waste any more time. You don't deserve any of these rewards, stop pretending like you do.

Ah, if only you got caught and banned.

Don't try making up bullshit again. I'm good at this.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-06-22 at 03:43 PM.

I did check, you have 2 mythic feats from the last 3 expansions. Clearing it after the tier is over isn't relevant.

So let's get this straight:

You've played this game for "over a decade" but you're still a below-average raider and it took you nearly 2 weeks to break 2k in 5s in WoD.

Yet you think you can "easily obtain it, it's just boring"

Please, return to the general-OT forums. Consider the fact you're below-average at a game you've played for 10 years and consider unsubbing before you waste any more time. You don't deserve any of these rewards, stop pretending like you do.
    ...You don't actually know how the armory works do ya sport?

Look I get it you don't pvp so I won't hold it against you but you realize mythic wasn't a thing till wod right?

There doesn't exist mythic feats for MoP and any expansion before it. If you want a honest tally of my progression I missed ICC heroic LK from school and this expansions mythic raiding.

I feel like I might of been late on a Cata one or two I can't recall when I got back but most people don't have 20 weeks of kills on the last tiers.

Again why are you so defensive? Do you have some weird kinda complex against people who are not into pvp?

yes, pvp carries for gold do happen. it is pretty common on outlands-eu

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again why are you so defensive? Do you have some weird kinda complex against people who are not into pvp?
    No, I have some "weird kinda complex" against trash-tier players buying boosts and thinking it's not a problem.

You're not into PvP, so therefore don't deserve the reward. There's actually a ladder for PvP, and it affects other people if you buy rating.

You say "It doesn't matter because I'd get it anyway" but I can guarantee you wouldn't.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-06-22 at 03:59 PM.

The reason you're getting so much beef is due to the fact that PvP carries and PvE carries are inherently different. When you carry someone to a Cutting Edge FoS, or even a Mythic mount, you're not taking that away from someone else.

When you carry someone in rated PvP, you're negatively affecting the ladder. Let's say you wanted a carry to 2.2k. On the way, I can almost guarantee you'll stop at least one person from getting tabard, or something else they would have otherwise earned. Even ignoring the fact that you beat teams you likely shouldn't have due to playing with paid higher rated partners that normally wouldn't be queing anywhere near that MMR, you also bump people that earned their spots on the ladder down. Let's say glad cutoff was 200 players on your faction. That means Duelist is ~Rank 1200. Once you get that 2.2k, you will bump someone who actually earned Duelist down to Rival. While that might not seem like a big deal, there are players who play for non Glad titles still.

In short, PvE carries don't take rewards and titles away from other players. PvP carries do.

More like for real money, so wouldn't recommend even being in contact with PVP boost-sellers.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I have some "weird kinda complex" against trash-tier players buying boosts and thinking it's not a problem.

You're not into PvP, so therefore don't deserve the reward. There's actually a ladder for PvP, and it affects other people if you buy rating.

You say "It doesn't matter because I'd get it anyway" but I can guarantee you wouldn't.
    Exactly.

PVE boosts (for gold, cash is against the rules regardless) are vastly different from PVP boosts in terms of who is affected.

The PVP rewards I want have been eluding me for many MANY years, but at the same time I resign to the fact that I'm just not a good enough PVPer to earn the rewards, so I won't get them anytime soon. Maybe one day.

It all comes down to perspective. I want a reward from content I am loathed to do. Much in the same way I provide mythic mounts to players I am looking to bypass what I find tedious and dull.

I might end up slogging though a week or two to get the rating but I would much rather skip that step if at all possible.
    The issue is you're not earning it. It doesn't matter whether you like the pvp or not, you're helping to ruin the experience for many other players.

To answer your question though, for years a lot of high end arena players who sell this "service" do so for real cash. Most won't talk about it in game as it's a bannable offense.

You're also keeping other players from legitimately earning their rewards. Carries in PvP ruin the experience for everyone involved. You don't deserve the rewards if you aren't willing to even try for them on your own merits.
    Last edited by lazypeon100; 2017-06-22 at 04:23 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    More like for real money, so wouldn't recommend even being in contact with PVP boost-sellers.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

PVE boosts (for gold, cash is against the rules regardless) are vastly different from PVP boosts in terms of who is affected.

The PVP rewards I want have been eluding me for many MANY years, but at the same time I resign to the fact that I'm just not a good enough PVPer to earn the rewards, so I won't get them anytime soon. Maybe one day.
    I've personally been affected by it.

Back in MoP, I was camping HotA on my main and I was playing my alt. I ended the season 1 rating below the projected cutoff on my alt, which was generally safe because it was before all the DQs went out.

I reported numerous people that season for wintrading, cheating and buying boosts. Titles went out and I was still 1 rating below the cutoff. Not a single person got DQed that season.

And what would cause that? People like the guy in this thread buying shit they can't get legitimately.

Buying PvE boosts is different because you're not affecting anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    The reason you're getting so much beef is due to the fact that PvP carries and PvE carries are inherently different. When you carry someone to a Cutting Edge FoS, or even a Mythic mount, you're not taking that away from someone else.

When you carry someone in rated PvP, you're negatively affecting the ladder. Let's say you wanted a carry to 2.2k. On the way, I can almost guarantee you'll stop at least one person from getting tabard, or something else they would have otherwise earned. Even ignoring the fact that you beat teams you likely shouldn't have due to playing with paid higher rated partners that normally wouldn't be queing anywhere near that MMR, you also bump people that earned their spots on the ladder down. Let's say glad cutoff was 200 players on your faction. That means Duelist is ~Rank 1200. Once you get that 2.2k, you will bump someone who actually earned Duelist down to Rival. While that might not seem like a big deal, there are players who play for non Glad titles still.

In short, PvE carries don't take rewards and titles away from other players. PvP carries do.
    I admit to not really realizing that. I always thought a net gain of points was obtained with it bottle necking. I can understand the frustration then. I didn't think 2k was a ranking high enough were it would realistically effect that. I will whole hardly admit to being lack luster in pvp. I played a few games but I only learnt enough to get what I wanted in the form of kill windows and a very,very cheesy team comp with a few raider buddies.

Very well lets say after I am done with this tier I dip my toe into pvp. As a mage what would be my most likely avenue for success? Arenas or rated bgs?

This isn't a make or break it thing for me. I just have years of carry gold saved up and finally found something that I would be interested in buying that would normally be a grueling grind and well I wanted to jump on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    If all you do is pvp why do you need gold?
    Because I am pretty sure you don't only do PvP. And if you do and don't need gold, are you just sitting in dalaran without leveling etc?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I admit to not really realizing that. I always thought a net gain of points was obtained with it bottle necking. I can understand the frustration then. I didn't think 2k was a ranking high enough were it would realistically effect that. I will whole hardly admit to being lack luster in pvp. I played a few games but I only learnt enough to get what I wanted in the form of kill windows and a very,very cheesy team comp with a few raider buddies.

Very well lets say after I am done with this tier I dip my toe into pvp. As a mage what would be my most likely avenue for success? Arenas or rated bgs?

This isn't a make or break it thing for me. I just have years of carry gold saved up and finally found something that I would be interested in buying that would normally be a grueling grind and well I wanted to jump on it.
    If you can get the people for it who can coordinate (normally have a shot caller / back up caller or two when someone dies / different areas due to objectives) RBGs are easy to get rating. It's less about personal skill and more about group coordination and knowing good strats and what not.

Arenas are good if you are good at PvP since it will only require you to find one - two more people who are also good and can work together.

So I might recommend RBGs if you can find the people for it. Bit tough to do normally outside of a dedicated PvP guild. Used to play horde stormrage and had a RBG group, getting that together was a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    It all comes down to perspective. I want a reward from content I am loathed to do. Much in the same way I provide mythic mounts to players I am looking to bypass what I find tedious and dull.

I might end up slogging though a week or two to get the rating but I would much rather skip that step if at all possible.
    I fucking feel you. I really want those awesome elite sets I've always been envious of people because I haven't PvP'd seriously in forever. I remember getting some Elite pieces in Cata on my rogue, which was my main at the time, and ended up vendoring the pieces in Mists. Pretty upset now a days, because if I kept them I could've added them to the Appearances tab in Legion. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Because I am pretty sure you don't only do PvP. And if you do and don't need gold, are you just sitting in dalaran without leveling etc?
    Me? I dont only pvp and I run a group than sell carries for mythic plus and we used to sell raid carries for mounts in WoD so I have tons of gold. But for pvp at max level no you dont need gold. You can DE or vendor the loot from win boxes or just do a few WQs a day for the gold. Even leveling you dont need gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Me? I dont only pvp and I run a group than sell carries for mythic plus and we used to sell raid carries for mounts in WoD so I have tons of gold. But for pvp at max level no you dont need gold. You can DE or vendor the loot from win boxes or just do a few WQs a day for the gold. Even leveling you dont need gold.
    But you do need gold, unless I take you aren't counting flight training, professions, auctions etc etc. Heck, even some leveling items cost 1-10 coppers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Right on, buddy. How about you just sit and spin in your PC chair or that high horse you pretend to be on. Lying through your virtual teeth. XD

Let me guess... gold is "archaic" to you. Yep, nailed it.

I still see arena carries for gold, because not everyone is as stuck up and... dumb, as others. 200g per arena win kind of thing. It's not obsolete.
    200g per arena win? at like what 1k rating? get a grip on yourself, you sound pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Can you read? This thread is asking if PvP carries for gold still happen. I said 200g per arena win is not an uncommon thing being sold on Tichondrius. It was an example you pompous b****.

I'd probably smoke you and your little teammates by myself, 3v1, quit pretending you're good at the game, Scrub Master.
    I'm sure you would. You definitely strike me as a very bright individual