Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    yeah this lower costs plus that other stuff aside you can get 850 plus at 110 rather fast in legion if i am not mistaken.
    even playing completely solo and not touching lfr, or dungeons - takes... maybe a week, tops of very casual play. a few world quests on broken shore here and there, invasions when possible and voila - full set of 850 dauntless gear is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Just checked. They are now BoP! So no mailing to alts...
    You apply it to the heirlooms shoulders and send those, not the enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    even playing completely solo and not touching lfr, or dungeons - takes... maybe a week, tops of very casual play. a few world quests on broken shore here and there, invasions when possible and voila - full set of 850 dauntless gear is yours.
    A week? I am 852 on my druid and 855 on my warlock in around 2 hours played time since hitting 110. Ding 110, do one invasion and a full set of WQ's for shards and you can go and buy a full set of 850+ - if there is an artifact relic WQ then voila.

I have 12 alts at 100. Assuming I level via questing (to get Friendly for WQ), what's the minimum heirloom load I should upgrade?

E.g., the Shipyard rings. Primary stat, and can enchant with best secondary. Or Pirate ring, Critical and Haste, with enchant. Shoulders, with Blood boon. Neck with Mark enchant (and unending healing potions; how does it compare with Ancient Healing Potion?). Cloak with primary stat enchant. Tentacle trinket, for "Oh sh**" moments?

I would reach 110 (and, as mentioned above, a few invasions will get me to 850), so the XP won't matter as much.

Just trying to figure trade off between sub optimal stats and xp bonus (plus enchants you done have to keep replacing).

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I have 12 alts at 100. Assuming I level via questing (to get Friendly for WQ), what's the minimum heirloom load I should upgrade?

E.g., the Shipyard rings. Primary stat, and can enchant with best secondary. Or Pirate ring, Critical and Haste, with enchant. Shoulders, with Blood boon. Neck with Mark enchant (and unending healing potions; how does it compare with Ancient Healing Potion?). Cloak with primary stat enchant. Tentacle trinket, for "Oh sh**" moments?

I would reach 110 (and, as mentioned above, a few invasions will get me to 850), so the XP won't matter as much.

Just trying to figure trade off between sub optimal stats and xp bonus (plus enchants you done have to keep replacing).
    You don't need friendly anymore as long as you have the WQs already unlocked on the account.
    The tentacle trinket does close to no damage > 100, unless they already hotfixed it the haste trinket would be the universal one.

Other than that, you pretty much already summarized the enchantable items. I would rather upgrade the larger 10% items, the additional XP will make leveling faster than those handfull of enchants on the 5% items.

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Noteworthy: At lv 100 the heirlooms have an iLvl of 605 which is way worse than whatever alternative gear you have. (Normally 640+ at least.) But at lv 101 the heirlooms will scale to ilvl 695 and it only gets better from there I guess. (Just ding'ed 101...)
    Thank you. I was cringing at the lvl 100 ilvl, but that's not all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    A week? I am 852 on my druid and 855 on my warlock in around 2 hours played time since hitting 110. Ding 110, do one invasion and a full set of WQ's for shards and you can go and buy a full set of 850+ - if there is an artifact relic WQ then voila.
    notice that I said a week, tops of VERY casual play :P point is yes, it takes very little time at 110 to get to 850 gear, so spending that much gold on inferier gear for lvl 101, when you could upgrade a few heirlooms at a fraction of the cost is just... odd.

personaly, I did a set of cloth, a set of agility leather, set of agility mail and a set of strength plate (and corresponding tings/capes - 1 per main stat). it does mean that I have to level within specific specs, but since leveling is sped up, it doesn't matter as much, as you would just get your proper set at 110. this seemed to me at least as the most cost efficient way to upgrade. I didn't touch the trinkets as I have WoD mythic ones, and the other slot can just be filled in via questing or whatnot.

didn't worry to much about enchants though as I just pulled the gear from collections and cycle alts through invasions for leveling. since mob tags are shared within your faction, I tend to just tag along with other players/occasionally group up for group bosses

notice that I said a week, tops of VERY casual play :P point is yes, it takes very little time at 110 to get to 850 gear, so spending that much gold on inferier gear for lvl 101, when you could upgrade a few heirlooms at a fraction of the cost is just... odd.
    I know, i never said it was worth spending gold on these items - I was just stating that they existed to the previous poster xD gold isn't really a barrier in modern day WoW though, I haven't played since xpac release and i'm still sat around 1mil

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    I know, i never said it was worth spending gold on these items - I was just stating that they existed to the previous poster xD gold isn't really a barrier in modern day WoW though, I haven't played since xpac release and i'm still sat around 1mil
    true, but honestly I'd rather spend that gold on tokens and/or by extension other blizzard games, or hell upgrade heirlooms for other specs, for the hell of it, or buy some pets or mounts or what not.. then gear that is completely cost inneficient IMO. at least pets and mounts (or bnet games) will last me longer :P

true, but honestly I'd rather spend that gold on tokens and/or by extension other blizzard games, or hell upgrade heirlooms for other specs, for the hell of it, or buy some pets or mounts or what not.. then gear that is completely cost inneficient IMO. at least pets and mounts (or bnet games) will last me longer :P
    I agree, there's way more efficient ways to use that gold

Hitting flying tonight.

My alts are 700s. Should I downgrade for the XP boost?

Hitting flying tonight.

My alts are 700s. Should I downgrade for the XP boost?
    It's just relevant for the first level. My advise: Wear heirlooms, and wait for the first invasion to pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It's just relevant for the first level. My advise: Wear heirlooms, and wait for the first invasion to pop.
    I'm not getting many invasions at convenient times. I had one early this week that was possible, but catchup chores ate my time.

How often do they hit early evening (PST)? It looks like every three or four days?

question on 'looms, do you need to upgrade them per toon? or is the upgrade a one and done?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    >People talking about 50% more exp
    >MFW i have 55% thanks to both rings
    Same here, even while I didn't play WoD, I recently got 2 shipyard rings

The fishing tourney ring was super easy as well, got the ring like more then an hour after it started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    question on 'looms, do you need to upgrade them per toon? or is the upgrade a one and done?
    Once they are 3/3 they are 3/3 forever (until 3/4 of course :P)

Heirloom "flight map" toys are account wide too, even horde vs alliance. It's not all flightpaths but the major ones in each vanilla zone.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    2 invasions at 110 will give you a full set of 850 gear, sans one ring and one trinket

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    You upgrade item once and it's upgraded across all characters after.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    2 invasions at 110 will give you a full set of 850 gear, sans one ring and one trinket
    Sure, 850 is easy to get now, but that's after you hit 110 and heirlooms lose their primary XP function anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    probably. i just.. tend not to do the entirety of them on alts, and completely skip the quests I don't like. and even playing that way - its fast. at 400 per item and average invasion area giving 225, with boss kills awarding 350 - its fast which is basically the point I was making. that even if you are super ultra casual and don't even do all things, you can STILL get 850 gear with very little effort. aka its not worth spending 25k to 50k gold per item that is not even 850, when you can upgrade an heirloom for fraction of that, level faster and get easier upgrades.. keeping all that gold to spend on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Sure, 850 is easy to get now, but that's after you hit 110 and heirlooms lose their primary XP function anyway.
    what purpose do they serve prior to that? heirlooms get you to 110 faster AND cheaper then buying expensive 101 gear on AH. and you honestly don't need much more then them to get to 110 in a first place

At some point, I plan on getting the Brawler fist weapons. And not abandoning the Archaeology quest chain for the pole arm. Because they're there...