Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    probably. i just.. tend not to do the entirety of them on alts, and completely skip the quests I don't like. and even playing that way - its fast. at 400 per item and average invasion area giving 225, with boss kills awarding 350 - its fast which is basically the point I was making. that even if you are super ultra casual and don't even do all things, you can STILL get 850 gear with very little effort. aka its not worth spending 25k to 50k gold per item that is not even 850, when you can upgrade an heirloom for fraction of that, level faster and get easier upgrades.. keeping all that gold to spend on something else.
    Buying 101 items to level to 110 with is dumb anyway, when you can craft 850s at 110 and actually upgrade those to 900 with stats of choice.

Meanwhile at 110 the BoE 101 become useless. 101 twinks with stop XP are a different story.

Heirlooms are a great 1-time investment for anyone with more then 1 character.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-22 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Heirlooms are barely worth it. The ilvl is so poor compared the 850 gear you can buy at 101 the exp gain is barely worth it.
    They are way better then any of the gear you will get while questing and have the xp boost which is all people really care about. You can also use time walking badges or other worthless sources to pay for any upgrades you need instead of dishing out gold for a 1 time item. As you look at leveling more characters the boa become a no brainer.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    what purpose do they serve prior to that? heirlooms get you to 110 faster AND cheaper then buying expensive 101 gear on AH. and you honestly don't need much more then them to get to 110 in a first place
    That's what I meant. 101 epics for leveling are dumb for the purpose of getting to 110.

850 crafted (900 maximum) epics for lvl 110 could potentially be worth it if you like craft them yourself etc, getting 10 obliterum for each piece is still seems a lot tho.

Maybe I should obliterate Healing pots or something, my Blacksmith/LW/JC aren't 110 yet :P
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-22 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I'm not getting many invasions at convenient times. I had one early this week that was possible, but catchup chores ate my time.

How often do they hit early evening (PST)? It looks like every three or four days?
    They are every 18h, you can find the times on the wowhead starting page (http://www.wowhead.com/)

I remember when I thought the order hall gear set was great. Now the only item even vaguely end game are the Nightfallen shoulders...

Will they release upgrade tokens for those gear sets beyond 840 (& 850)?

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Buying 101 items to level to 110 with is dumb anyway, when you can craft 850s at 110 and actually upgrade those to 900 with stats of choice.

Meanwhile at 110 the BoE 101 become useless. 101 twinks with stop XP are a different story.

we are in 100% agreement here, so I'm kinda confused if we are arguing or what? i wasn't the one suggesting to buy 101 gear, I was showing why its a bad idea even if you don't have a lot of alts to level as its just so bloody expensive and doesn't last at all at 110 even if you are a dirty dirty casual, while looms at a fraction of a cost, get you to lvl 110 faster
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-06-22 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    They are every 18h, you can find the times on the wowhead starting page (http://www.wowhead.com/)
    So every three days, thanks!

My next one is tomorrow afternoon, per wowhead.com.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I thought the order hall gear set was great. Now the only item even vaguely end game are the Nightfallen shoulders...

I've occasionally gotten WQs on the Broken Shore which upgrade them to 870

- - - Updated - - -

No it's one a day.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

There are tokens to get to 870, however they come from Broken shore, and only if your class-specific WQ is up with the reward which can also be AP etc.

Also the set pieces themself are still rep/quest/dungeon gated to unlock.

I have gotten like 3 tokens for 1 class in 7.2, when they didn't need the gear anymore, so a full set for a newly dinged 110 is out of the question.

Once (sometimes twice) a day, but every three days it rotates to the early evening when I have time to play.

Though I just put in a request for a stay cation at work, so I can get more on alts.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Once (sometimes twice) a day, but every three days it rotates to the early evening when I have time to play.

Though I just put in a request for a stay cation at work, so I can get more on alts.
    Midsummer gives 12k - 24k per quest/flame with 55% heirlooms, so that's useful outside of invasions.

Midsummer gives 12k - 24k per quest/flame with 55% heirlooms, so that's useful outside of invasions.
    and i believe you can get upgrades with flowers - so if you have sets you want to upgrade for other alts? you can

Getting used to those 6 hour days was rough at first, but I sure do like them now. More likely you only play during a set window of time. Now if you have days off or can play outside of that you will have 2 days a week that there are 2 in a day so you might be able to double dip on days off.

- - - Updated - - -

and i believe you can get upgrades with flowers - so if you have sets you want to upgrade for other alts? you can
    You can also run the old WoD quest from the garrison and blast through WoD dungeons for coins.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Well the reason to use a lot of the heirloom stuff is the bonus XP on many of the pieces. It greatly speeds up leveling. The pieces without it can pretty much be ignored. The weapons are pretty questionable utility most of the times just stick with your artifact as its more than sufficient to do any content you are doing and use the heirloom stuff to kick start your xp.

Plus side for me my main was a druid and I have a mistweaver and rogue alt so getting a fair amount of use out of the now added heirloom leather scaling to 110. Got three levels in an hour last night on my monk.

Darn. I just found out that the AK 40 can't be learned by lowbie alts until 110.

ANOTHER reason to use heirlooms: What's the point of wasting all that AP at lower levels, if it's just piddling 5x base. I'd rather speed-level, then get all my AP at 40,000x base.

other than the XP boost scaling of BOAs at higher levels are subpar and imo need to be adjusted. i made a Demon Hunter equipped BOA heirlooms in starter area. stats on BOAs at level 98 were near 40%+ lower than starter gear and were scaled to a WOD level 93-95 player. it was insanely painfull right away in the starter area right away this is how they scaled

scaling per level:
    98 - item level 595
    99 - item level 600 (equal to gear obtained by a level-95 in WOD)
    100 - item level 605 (gear from tanaan jungle procs i-lvlv 650 to 695)
    101 - item level 695 (still lagging since most left WOD at 705)

my DH could not kill certain bosses, rares in starter area with BOAs, way too weak, i had to set up gear sets, to switch to BOAs on quest turn ins only. DN starter area is some what desolate now, and you have to solo alot of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    other than the XP boost scaling of BOAs at higher levels are subpar and imo need to be adjusted. i made a Demon Hunter equipped BOA heirlooms in starter area. stats on BOAs at level 98 were near 40%+ lower than starter gear and were scaled to a WOD level 93-95 player. it was insanely painfull right away in the starter area right away this is how they scaled

scaling per level:
    98 - item level 595

my DH could not kill certain bosses, rares in starter area with BOAs, way too weak, i had to set up gear sets, to switch to BOAs on quest turn ins only. DN starter area is some what desolate now, and you have to solo alot of stuff
    the jump always happens at 101 and no, most people don't leave WoD anywhere near 705.

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Exactly. They're fine at 101 and will be ilvl 800 at 110.
    They are still 5 itemlevels below green questing rewards until level 108 (not even talking about proccing or final zone rewards).
    Questing is completely fine with them, but the heirlooms are no longer OP as we are used from below level 101.

10+ Year Old Account
    The heirlooms functions fine past 101, and yes, they'll display with less ilvl than questing greens but I accept that. I accept there's a price to have it faster. It also made me a little sad, completed 1½ zone and three invasions, and I was lvl 110.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

BOA heirloom scaling per level:
    98 - item level 595

a 100 boosted player gets item level 640 gear and a starter DH is 640+ too,

sure not every WOD player left at 705 which is updated tanaan token gear, but 650-695 tanaan non-upgraded token proc gear is seriously easy to get even to this day. BOA gear at 100 being item level 605 is too low. i leveled two players below 90 to 110, stats on BOA gear is even more wrong at 91-97.

my first DH prior to BOA gear being raised to 110 level, and DH blew thru questing area with ease, killed all rare silver elite option bosses solo, and completed the area at 101. with starter/quest gear. mobs in DH starter area do not adjust down to your gear level. .

my second recent DH, i equipped all BOAs including two rings but not weapons (starter wpns are better) for a 55% XP boost. right away having issues, and dying on too many mob or semi boss pulls, tested on a silver elite and got it handed to me a in paper sack. had to do gear sets, one for BOAs on quest turn in, and non BOA to be able to complete some quest, especially taking on the silver elites. with BOA gear being 50 levels lower from level 98 to 100, i felt like the XP boost and leaving the area deeper into 101 was painful and not rewarding.