Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Haven't done any low keys so far. But at +14 and +16, aff was incredibly strong, especially with DE and well-timed PS. On lower keys, aff will probably not be as good unless you do really big pulls (PS then shines). Probably better to play destro for those.
    Thanks and yeah the affix did not help, small pulls and ideally only killing 1-3 at once (it wasn't the strongest group). I also didn't try DE because of the Bursting thing but I will give it a whirl. I also want to do the Destro thing so should be running a lot this week.

For +10 I'm still taking life siphon+PS+MG.

Aff only feels stronger this patch because my mobile damage went up by 20+%. That's pretty big, my damage isn't all tied to MG empowered UA's.

Deleted
    Another nerf >.<

Warlock

Affliction

Damage of all abilities reduced by 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Janka View Post
    Another nerf >.<

Warlock

Affliction

Damage of all abilities reduced by 5%.
    Well needed for NH my opinion. However, the big question is how we do in ToS. Time will tell.

A thought, i'm seeing sims putting the chest as being a bis legendary how does that fit into 4 and 2 piece? Is it better to have?
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    A thought, i'm seeing sims putting the chest as being a bis legendary how does that fit into 4 and 2 piece? Is it better to have?
    Ideally you have more than just 4 tier pieces (or 4 tier pieces where one isn't the tier chest). That is, you need another tier piece that isn't the chest. And no, don't break your 4 piece just for using the lego chest. Use a different legendary that doesn't break your set bonus. If you have no other legendary, then let this be a lesson: always have a 5th (or 6th) tier piece to swap out.

Deleted
    I strongly suspect that the top combination will be a four piece T20 +2 piece T19 and whatever legendaries you have that fit in with that. I'm rather suprised they are allowing tier setcombos like that, it makes things more complex to balance between the haves and have nots.

The legendaries are actually very close, although there are naturally some that are better thanothers.

Due to the desirablility of six tier armour pieces, I'm buessing items like the belt and rings will accrue more value than they otherwise might.

I gotlucky and two of my T19 pieces (chestand gloves)titanforged and will thus have a higher ilevel than standard or even heroic Sargeras pieces (unless they too war or titan forge). I'll probably try to keep them and build the T20 set with helm, cloak, legs and shoulders, even though that,means exchanging the legendary helm and cloak for probably the belt and a ring. Or the bracers for single target.

Deleted
    is there a bis list for tos ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    I strongly suspect that the top combination will be a four piece T20 +2 piece T19 and whatever legendaries you have that fit in with that.
    While that's possible... my best two legendary pieces are Reap & Sow and Hood of Eternal Disdain. Both of which take up tier slots, which I'm certain isn't an accident. I'm not sure if retaining the T19 2pc is worth swapping those out for Prydaz and Dark Strike.

Deleted
    It partly depends on how good your T19 pieces are. Two of mine titanforged and they are better than standard heroic Sargeras pieces. Moreover, thelegendaries are closer in value than you'd think, and there are things other than the rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    While that's possible... my best two legendary pieces are Reap & Sow and Hood of Eternal Disdain. Both of which take up tier slots, which I'm certain isn't an accident. I'm not sure if retaining the T19 2pc is worth swapping those out for Prydaz and Dark Strike.
    You could always sim it, but I'm guessing that it will probably be best to use tier conflicting legos over 2pc + 4pc

Though I am envious of other classes whose best two legos are shit like bracer + ring

Deleted
    I've just got Soul of the Netherlord in 970, but equiped I've Hood of Eternal Disdain in 940 and Reap and Sow in 940. Should I swap the cloak for the ring?

Deleted
    AFAIk the cloak lostsom eof it's value because of the Rend Soul trait. I've certainly noticed that I'd got a lot more souls than before with high Reap uptimes. I've got the cloak too.

Deleted
    So... I just got the Kil'Jaenen's Burning wish as aff. Meh, but otoh it is a 970 trink for free, so I might use it alongside Whispers.

Any isnight into how to use it? Or just pop on cd on whatever (preferably AoE) pack? Also, what would be the second best between: bracers, feet, Prydaz, belt? I'm really leaning towards Prydaz, just for the flat stats and the survivability boost.

AFAIk the cloak lostsom eof it's value because of the Rend Soul trait. I've certainly noticed that I'd got a lot more souls than before with high Reap uptimes. I've got the cloak too.
    Might depend on your talent choices. I've gone WiA over MG. That means I don't focus on Drain Soul channels as much, which means fewer Rend Soul procs. It also means my damage output is steadier, instead of spiking up and down in burst windows, so I get more reward from high Reap uptime. So all together I really do believe the cloak is the better choice for me.

Speaking of which, after my guild's first night in Tomb I think WiA really is the right choice. Five bosses in I was top DPS on everything but Goroth. It wasn't a small margin between me and second place, either. Between adds fights and heavy movement fights and a council fight I was just so happy not to be dependent on channeled UA/MG burn phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Might depend on your talent choices. I've gone WiA over MG. That means I don't focus on Drain Soul channels as much, which means fewer Rend Soul procs. It also means my damage output is steadier, instead of spiking up and down in burst windows, so I get more reward from high Reap uptime. So all together I really do believe the cloak is the better choice for me.

Speaking of which, after my guild's first night in Tomb I think WiA really is the right choice. Five bosses in I was top DPS on everything but Goroth. It wasn't a small margin between me and second place, either. Between adds fights and heavy movement fights and a council fight I was just so happy not to be dependent on channeled UA/MG burn phases.
    To be fair, drain soul should be used regardless of wia/mg as a filler unless you're reducing DS casts to keep multiple agonies out (which I think would be the same now for MG where it's no longer desirable to just toss agony on targets and tunnel DS on main target).

Drain Soul is free damage any way you cut it. We still want to turret as much as possible. What 7.2.5 change is the DPS cost of not being able to turret.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Drain Soul is free damage any way you cut it. We still want to turret as much as possible. What 7.2.5 change is the DPS cost of not being able to turret.
    Oh sure. ABC, Always Be Casting, is still the rule. But you have to consider the character of the raid encounters. Like I said, so far they've been high on adds or movement, so I've got good reasons to have lower DS uptime. Not suffering a massive DPS loss from that is a good thing.

Just got my first legendary on my warlock alt and its ring that grants talent (death embrace for affli). Its decent or weak? Whats are current bis legendaries for warlock?

Deleted
    I think a lot depends on your other gear, for example, it's not worth taking a legendary to break a setbonus

The difference between legendaries are actually alot smaller than people think, and "value" can depend on the situation (for example, the Sephuz ring is great for progression, because of the shield, even though other legendaries have bigger dps increases associated with them)

In your case...well, the legendary ring is gonna be better than anything else you're going to get because it is 970, has a shit-ton of useful stats and it gives you Death's Embrace for free.

It's a very, very powerful item and as it;s your first, you probably don;t even need to think about it until you've got another six or seven legendaries to choose from.

The value of DE varies. It's not great for dungeons - except high M+ ones. It is incredibly good on some raid bosses but not so good on others.

You probably won't take DE very often over Siphon Life or Conduit. But if you get it on top of either of those free from a ring...well...why not?

I think a lot depends on your other gear, for example, it's not worth taking a legendary to break a setbonus

The difference between legendaries are actually alot smaller than people think, and "value" can depend on the situation (for example, the Sephuz ring is great for progression, because of the shield, even though other legendaries have bigger dps increases associated with them)

In your case...well, the legendary ring is gonna be better than anything else you're going to get because it is 970, has a shit-ton of useful stats and it gives you Death's Embrace for free.

It's a very, very powerful item and as it;s your first, you probably don;t even need to think about it until you've got another six or seven legendaries to choose from.

The value of DE varies. It's not great for dungeons - except high M+ ones. It is incredibly good on some raid bosses but not so good on others.

You probably won't take DE very often over Siphon Life or Conduit. But if you get it on top of either of those free from a ring...well...why not?
    You mean Prydaz neck rather than Sephuz ring, right ?

And I haven't really looked too much at sims, but DE seems incredibly strong in practice. There are lots of fairly long-lived adds, and also multidot situations where they last a decent amount of time. Also that lots of these fights are more intense towards the end, and you need to get through the end faster than you got through the beginning.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.