Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    TSW got updates for a while, but sadly selling content just wasn't making them any money.

They're promising to re-add Tokyo back in pretty quickly and then start on Chapter/Season/whatever they're calling it 2 of the story afterwards. Hopefully they'll generate enough stable revenue to keep production on new content going.
    With Tokyo, there's extra content too. Orochi Tower being part of that second chapter, which is in TSW. Looking forward to making new morality choices. (Your morality changes your final ability you earn at the end of the Tokyo storyline. So think about it! Unless they don't give us that :^(

To add, on beta we had access to all the dlc investigation missions. Before patron testing. I am hoping they plan on making the story significant ones free.

Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn was a critical piece of Kingsmouth's finale. Answering what the mist was, and your first encounter with the true face behind the main antagonist of the game.

Last Train to Cairo was major in delving into the story of a bomb similar to what hit Tokyo. (Done in Indiana Jones style, very fun)

And the final major one was in the finale zone. Forgot the name, but it delved into the powers people were getting via Anima, and some serious story about Orochi motivations. (Done in James Bond style, including a femme fatale.)
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2017-06-22 at 08:03 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone had the time to play up to Tokyo? did they leave the aegis system as is? Scrapped it? Or at least improved? I shudder at the thought of going thru that process again.

Edit: Nevermind seems like it's not even in yet.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Anyone had the time to play up to Tokyo? did they leave the aegis system as is? Scrapped it? Or at least improved? I shudder at the thought of going thru that process again.

Edit: Nevermind seems like it's not even in yet.
    Yeah, that was closed off, as it requires an ingame event to unlock.

They mentioned not liking the aegis system, so hopefully it is gone or revamped to be more friendly. I'm crossing my fingers they feel the same about the augment system too.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Yeah, that was closed off, as it requires an ingame event to unlock.

They mentioned not liking the aegis system, so hopefully it is gone or revamped to be more friendly. I'm crossing my fingers they feel the same about the augment system too.
    Oh yeah, augments were so overcomplicated I cba to even touch it. Fingers crossed indeed.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I feel like they've said they're scrapping the current Aegis system, but whether that means they're replacing it with a different version or just scrapping it altogether I'm not sure.

And yes please for augment system, never did end up figuring out that nonsense. But then again, I never tried very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Sure, but it means they fucking suck at their jobs and are shooting the game in the foot before it launches.

Great work, Funcom. My hopes are high for this game already : |

It seems in this age it's hard to send out emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It is time to let go of foolish mortal notions such as "hope". Accept the gift of the dreamers and transcend to the plane of...
    Wow, that magazine is perfect for me, just wow.

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/legacy-transfers/

We wait until tomorrow, folks, and apparently it's all automatically linked anyways.

So a whole lot of uncertainty for nothing. God fucking damnit, Funcom.

Would I, in theory, have access to head start tomorrow because I made an account like 4 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Would I, in theory, have access to head start tomorrow because I made an account like 4 years ago?
    You should, as long as you purchased a copy of the game back then.

And just got an email for chapter 3 of the ARG, now to wonder if it will be another "finish this and then wait some more!" deal.

"Achievements you earned in TSW do not copy over, although any clothing rewards you earned for completing those achievements do copy over."

Looks like I get to keep all my Nightmare mode gear. Awww yeah.

BUT!

"This means that clothing items for male character models should be in the Dressing Room or equipped by a male character models. Clothing items for female character models should be in the Dressing Room or equipped by a female character model.Example: If you have only one female character on your TSW account, but own a clothing set with both male and female costume parts, only the female model outfit will be transferred to Secret World Legends. If you want the male counterpart, make sure to claim this outfit on a male character in TSW before initiating the Transfer."

I'll have to play male in order to have almost all of my clothes. As I bought them for the character, not the entire account. So I can't claim them on my female alt. Sorta sucks.

Chapter 3 solution:

Ardagh Chalice

10+ Year Old Account
    And just got an email for chapter 3 of the ARG, now to wonder if it will be another "finish this and then wait some more!" deal.
    Can't see all 6 chapters unlocking by the time head start begins, unless they manually unlock them all, so guessing we'll be waiting til full release to get the weapons.. bit meh.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/legacy-transfers/

We wait until tomorrow, folks, and apparently it's all automatically linked anyways.

So a whole lot of uncertainty for nothing. God fucking damnit, Funcom.
    I've dropped this game from my mental list. They really dropped the ball imo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

"Achievements you earned in TSW do not copy over, although any clothing rewards you earned for completing those achievements do copy over."

Looks like I get to keep all my Nightmare mode gear. Awww yeah.

BUT!

"This means that clothing items for male character models should be in the Dressing Room or equipped by a male character models. Clothing items for female character models should be in the Dressing Room or equipped by a female character model.Example: If you have only one female character on your TSW account, but own a clothing set with both male and female costume parts, only the female model outfit will be transferred to Secret World Legends. If you want the male counterpart, make sure to claim this outfit on a male character in TSW before initiating the Transfer."

I'll have to play male in order to have almost all of my clothes. As I bought them for the character, not the entire account. So I can't claim them on my female alt. Sorta sucks.
    That's really fucking dumb. Thankfully I played a female character and plan on playing another, so I'm good to go, but that's shitty for all the folks that want to roll a character of the other gender.

It's like the closer we get to launch the more the issues that have arisen due to them rushing this game out crop up. Guess this is why they were so tight lipped on most shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    Chapter 3 solution:

Ardagh Chalice
    Do you...really have to redo the whole bloody thing again? Just clicked the link, still logged into the site with the same credentials I used before, but it's starting me back on step 1. This is fucking stupid, I'm getting more and more pissed at Funcom with every fucking passing minute.

Thanks for the answer though, totally using it to cheat.

honestly at this point I'm both amused and horrified, becasue its like watching myself trying to accomplish something and just going completely scattered and confused O_O

did the game with provided answers, but no idea how it would transfer over to actual secret world. i did reserve a name for my potential legends character, but.. I don't even know anymore, they are keeping things as mysterious as the game puzzles themselves O_O.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    honestly at this point I'm both amused and horrified, becasue its like watching myself trying to accomplish something and just going completely scattered and confused O_O

did the game with provided answers, but no idea how it would transfer over to actual secret world. i did reserve a name for my potential legends character, but.. I don't even know anymore, they are keeping things as mysterious as the game puzzles themselves O_O.
    They're reverting back to their usual behavior, in that they're a fucking disaster when it comes to actually doing shit outside of coming up with interesting design. I was hoping that after the success of the Conan sandbox game, and some very rough financial times that came as a result of their terrible business decisions (SUP LEGO GAME!), that they'd have moved on and started to deal with these issues. I was hoping that they were going to do a serious attempt at this relaunch and not rush the shit outta it to make earnings reports.

But now...I'm pretty convinced they haven't learned shit as a company in terms of effectively communicating and running things smoothly, and that they are rushing SWL for earnings reports to keep momentum going after a few good quarters thank completely to Conan. It's really troubling, especially since I tend to try to be more of a cheerleader for Funcom because I enjoy the interesting/wacky things they do with their games.

They're reverting back to their usual behavior, in that they're a fucking disaster when it comes to actually doing shit outside of coming up with interesting design. I was hoping that after the success of the Conan sandbox game, and some very rough financial times that came as a result of their terrible business decisions (SUP LEGO GAME!), that they'd have moved on and started to deal with these issues. I was hoping that they were going to do a serious attempt at this relaunch and not rush the shit outta it to make earnings reports.

But now...I'm pretty convinced they haven't learned shit as a company in terms of effectively communicating and running things smoothly, and that they are rushing SWL for earnings reports to keep momentum going after a few good quarters thank completely to Conan. It's really troubling, especially since I tend to try to be more of a cheerleader for Funcom because I enjoy the interesting/wacky things they do with their games.
    I think they could really use a few people who basically specialize in cat herding. that do nothing else but make sure everyone else in organized and communicating, both with each other and with the players. cause it honestly feels like they have lots of idea peoples and no infrastructure people

OH FUCK OFF. There's still yet another step in this fucking ARG?

Has anyone gotten the downloader to work? I'm looking at it 10 minutes after booting it up and it's still stuck at "Downloading patch information..."

I'm getting more and more pissed off at Funcom with every passing hour. It shouldn't surprise me that they're still the same old Funcom from years past, but I'd hoped that they would at least make a token effort to get their shit together for this relaunch. And so far it sure as fuck doesn't seem that way.