Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Syria is pretty much gone as an unified country.

What ISIS?

Today they blew up the al-Nuri mosque where they declared their discount caliphate. Shame to lose a nearly 1,000 year old building, but that about wraps it up for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I found that comment from MSNBC very informative. Also it's quite worrying since it appears the US is slipping into a hot war with Syria/Iran/Russia
    That's not a war. That's pest control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that is a lie fabricated by the CIA. there were documents about it leaked a while back, they've had his head in their targets for years.
    Which of course you linked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

That's not a war. That's pest control.

- - - Updated - - -
    Can you please elaborate? I am confused. What do you mean by pest control? Who or what exactly is this "pest" you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Blowing up ISIS doesnt make news but we are doing it a lot more that striking at Assad.

The Kurds have been close allies of the West for over 100 years they are a mixed religion culture that practices freedom of religion and rights for women.

Syria has attempted genocide against the Kurds for centuries even now Kurdish Syrians have no rights according to Syrian law. Iran and Iraq on the other hand eventually learned to life in peace with them and have given the Kurds autonomy and rights which is why Kurdish regions of these nations are safe and peaceful.

The Kurds are not Al Qaeda nor are they Muslim extremists. They are an abused and downtrodden people who have had enough of being kicked around.
    The Kurds are archenemys of the Turks who are in NATO. We can't support them

We're attacking Syria for the same reason we attacked Iraq...that sweet, sweet black gold.

But hey....if some of you want to believe that we're doing it to help the innocent Syrian people, then you'll believe that a reality tv "star" could become the pres.....oh wait.

Not really surprised. Assad is the asshole that started this mess, ISIS has been trying to capitalize on the instability and institute their own regime of religious assholery.

Kurds seem to be the only group in the area worth supporting. Let them take both Raqqa and Damascus and play Yub-Nub on Assad and al-Baghdadi's skulls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The US have close relationship and support with the Kurds since the 1990s, nothing really new here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    We're attacking Syria for the same reason we attacked Iraq...that sweet, sweet black gold.
    Syria's oil production is a drop in the ocean, 0.5% at its maximum. Hell, New Zealand has more oil than Syria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The US have close relationship and support with the Kurds since the 1990s, nothing really new here.
    If by close relationship you mean betraying them repeatedly then yes.

The Kurds are straw dogs. They smartened up a bit this time by saying to the Americans 'embed your forces with ours so the Turks don't bomb us or we are turning around from Raqqa' but apart from that, straw dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    What?

He is made out to be a monster by the American media? Part of the reason American media sucks is for the exact opposite reason: they don't make him out to be the monster he is. But, i am not surprised since America is the reason he is even in power.
    if he's such a monster, why did that boy that was filmed and photographed and splayed all over the media flee with his family to a government controlled area where they live in safety? because he's not, because all these attacks on civilians are being fabricated by the rebels. assad attacks a group of terrorists, they go in and unleash mustard gas of their own, kill their own, then bring in their liars to record it like it was targeted as civilians.

it's all fucking lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Which of course you linked.
    if i can find it, i will. it was in the comments of an imgur post about that boy that was bloody and covered in soot in an ambulance.

that boy and his family are living safely in a government controlled city right now. they were threatened by the rebels to use for propaganda.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well America is trying to run a global Empire, and allegedly Assad is in the way so all those Syrians have to die under our Caliphate we are hoping to install.

Also America is the good guys! /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turkey should be kicked out of NATO for human rights violations. Their secret police take thousands of people. In 1994 3,200 Kurds and Assyrians were taken never to be seen again hell as we speak they are purging people and media outlets and have outlawed peaceful protests. Erdogan is a monster.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's time for US to stop being the world's police officer outside of North America.

7+ Year Old Account
    We helped his father get in there, and watched him carry out bloody campaigns. But we are going to just forget that? Why?
    Why were we involved in the first place?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That would be true if we were fighting a traditional enemy with European values.
    ISIS isnt my main concern, they're sideshow Bob in the Syria conflict.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    ISIS isnt my main concern, they're sideshow Bob in the Syria conflict.
    I agree, Al-Qaeda are the big threat now, along with returning foreign fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    About the only reason the west is sucking up to Turkey is because of their geographical position. There is only one way out of the black sea towards the Mediterranean for Russias warm water naval access, and that goes right by Istanbul.

In other regards, the turks are no better than the kurds with how Turkey has been treating the kurds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    It's a terrible idea, to let Military men make decisions in situations where diplomacy should be the go to solution.
    The time for diplomacy has both passed and not yet here. Military action is the best solution for US interests at this junction in time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because we were? You mean to ask how, i suppose. Because we started coups back in the 50s to overthrow any democratically leader. Our handpicked leaders were also thrown in coups. The power vacuum we created was taken over by Assad. I believe we just had an understanding with him for the longest time, but he wasn't handpicked by us. I know some who staunchly believe that he was, indeed, handpicked by us like the leaders we chose in the 50s coups.
    Maybe we should stop getting involved.

Obviously. The Kurds are tools of the Israelis, so the US unfortunately assists them.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Maybe we should stop getting involved.
    Not at this point. It is in our best interest to mold a desirable outcome for the US and the West.

Right now that means doing pretty much what we're doing. It's been cheap for the US so far so no reason that we can't carry on for some time to come.