Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... Because the OP is about getting gold from your order hall missions, and those require characters to have order hall resources.

Order hall resources are not account-wide, so the 100k I've got sitting on my main are worthless to my alts. For example.
    5000 OR to buy 5 Blood.

Each Blood buys a BoA crate that contains 200 OR.

Very inefficient way to transfer OR to alts, but 20% yield is better than 0%.

Haven't done it, but that's what I think they meant?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is that for just the raw bacon, or do you cook it into food and sell the food?
    300g+ per 1, I am on that server too.

Is that for just the raw bacon, or do you cook it into food and sell the food?
    Just the raw bacon, nothing more. I haven't checked what the finished product would cost, because I'm lazy and content with the gold I make from the raw mats.

The lowest I've seen them on at this server is 250 per 1 I believe, when we'd had slice of bacon quests 3 days in a row. I just bought them and relisted for 320 each.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-22 at 08:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more concerned if my Bnet wasn't full considering what Legion offers, considering it was dead during WoD. ^^
    Sure, considering you're still playing. But that's not saying much. ^.-

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Because the OP is about getting gold from your order hall missions, and those require characters to have order hall resources.

Order hall resources are not account-wide, so the 100k I've got sitting on my main are worthless to my alts. For example.
    the blood off sargeras vendor would like a word with you on that one.

Deleted
    Slab of bacon? Those mats don't sell for anything on my server any more. So it must be a regional thing.
    It's for cauldrons, i guess if you're raiding LFR you wouldn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Reading the description in the OP makes me think to myself "thank fucking god I did not buy this expansion".
    Why?

Nothing mandatory about this, if you don't want to manage a ton of characters to generate gold from missions, then don't do it.

Missing out on a great expansion /shrug
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    the blood off sargeras vendor would like a word with you on that one.
    200 OR for 1 blood of sargeras is not a good trade to many people, depends on what they use bloods for on their main.

Still doesn't make OR account-wide as a currency which is shared from your main onto your alts. The 100k OR I have on my main are useless to my alts other than for tomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the raw bacon, nothing more. I haven't checked what the finished product would cost, because I'm lazy and content with the gold I make from the raw mats.

The lowest I've seen them on at this server is 250 per 1 I believe, when we'd had slice of bacon quests 3 days in a row. I just bought them and relisted for 320 each.
    then again, EU servers I believe there is a little more gold inflation. Look at the price of tokens compared to US. More gold in general on EU servers it seems.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Why?

Nothing mandatory about this, if you don't want to manage a ton of characters to generate gold from missions, then don't do it.

Missing out on a great expansion /shrug
    Nothing in the OP made it sound mandatory and no where in my posts did I imply that it did. Don't infer whats not there (ie don't assume). The OP merely made a segment of Legion game play sound flat and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    200 OR for 1 blood of sargeras is not a good trade to many people, depends on what they use bloods for on their main.

Still doesn't make OR account-wide as a currency which is shared from your main onto your alts. The 100k OR I have on my main are useless to my alts other than for tomes.
    you can buy blood of sargeras with order hall resources in your class order hall, which can then be turned into order hall resource caches that can be mailed to you alts, so no those 100k you have on your main aren't useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It's for cauldrons, i guess if you're raiding LFR you wouldn't understand
    Cauldrons take flasks and Bloods. You might want to check your facts next time before you post.

10+ Year Old Account
    then again, EU servers I believe there is a little more gold inflation. Look at the price of tokens compared to US. More gold in general on EU servers it seems.
    that's because there's vastly more raiders in EU than US, furthermore prices are quite volatile for crafting mats atm.

That is way too much work for me. Emissary quests on 11 alts my god.

Just don't be a loser and have a good paying real life job. Buy/sell WOW Tokens and then buy anything you want in game.

10 mins of real like work > Wasting a day farming shit in game

Having 11 alts means you never see the light of day out of your basement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Nothing in the OP made it sound mandatory and no where in my posts did I imply that it did. Don't infer whats not there (ie don't assume). The OP merely made a segment of Legion game play sound flat and boring.
    For the purpose of only getting gold, yeah it might be a little boring, but I don't do it just for the sole purpose of getting gold. There are several other benefits of doing this gold method other than just getting gold.

Lets say I want to switch mains, having already done much, if not all of the order hall portion of the quest experience, I can just focus on gearing up that character.

It was fun the first few times I did all the order hall stuff on my mains, but of course, if you repeat the same thing over and over, eventually its going to become dull or boring.

One of the ways it isn't as boring as you make it out to be is the fact that im playing all 12 different classes, so there are variations of gameplay on each.

So let me ask this @callipygoustp do you play level 1 in mario brothers, beat it and replay it hundreds of times and consider that fun? Nope, didn't think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    That is way too much work for me. Emissary quests on 11 alts my god.
    doing a set of 3 emissary chests once a week per alt isnt that time consuming.

30-45 mins max to farm the WQs to get it done on an alt. Yes 12 times can be repetitive, but doing it over a week isn't too bad. Thats less than 2 characters a day doing 12 WQs each day. People farmed daily quests in previous expansions at like what 25 dailies a day, and even more spread out than in Legion?

7+ Year Old Account
    For the purpose of only getting gold, yeah it might be a little boring, but I don't do it just for the sole purpose of getting gold. There are several other benefits of doing this gold method other than just getting gold.

Lets say I want to switch mains, having already done much, if not all of the order hall portion of the quest experience, I can just focus on gearing up that character.
    It's more about my dislike for Order Halls. Fuck that game design.

Off the top of my head there are really only to things in the game that I find compelling: Mythic raiding, high end Mythic dungeons.

It was fun the first few times I did all the order hall stuff on my mains, but of course, if you repeat the same thing over and over, eventually its going to become dull or boring.

One of the ways it isn't as boring as you make it out to be is the fact that im playing all 12 different classes, so there are variations of gameplay on each.

So let me ask this @callipygoustp do you play level 1 in mario brothers, beat it and replay it hundreds of times and consider that fun? Nope, didn't think so.
    I have no idea what the hell you are trying to get at with here. You're creating an argument based on assumptions: ie I don't state, or imply, what it is that I find flat and boring about it. I merely state that I find the description flat and boring.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-06-22 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    Just don't be a loser and have a good paying real life job. Buy/sell WOW Tokens and then buy anything you want in game.

10 mins of real like work > Wasting a day farming shit in game

Having 11 alts means you never see the light of day out of your basement.
    1) what profession are you in if you are making $120 dollars an hour (10 minutes for $20 dollars for WoW token = $120 an hour)

2) Having 11 alts isn't all that time consuming if you play regularly every week. I play maybe 10-20 hours max per week, including raiding and I have accomplished having 12 level 110 alts, with most of them having a full follower army.

1) what profession are you in if you are making $120 dollars an hour (10 minutes for $20 dollars for WoW token = $120 an hour)

2) Having 11 alts isn't all that time consuming if you play regularly every week. I play maybe 10-20 hours max per week, including raiding and I have accomplished having 12 level 110 alts, with most of them having a full follower army.
    Exactly, I think people have really bought into the hyperbole surrounding alts in Legion, but didn't catch up to the vast and generous catch-up mechanics added since release.

It's a very good summary, @Jaylock really has put some work in it. I do it on 18 chars now, in the average you make about 11000 gold per week and char just from the gold missions, which is about 3 times as much as you made in the garrison from gold missions.

But it's no passive income, you are going to have to some of the EC and/or some OR wqs, which is indeed time consuming. With the bloods from one mainchar alione you can comfortly support 5 alts, but if you want to support more the account bound OR caches are not enough.