Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

These numbers are as large as they are due to gang-banging and suicidal teens.

In this country, years ago, before liberals FUBAR'd it, it was very common for children to handle and train in the use of firearms. Societal degeneracy is the cause of almost all of this country's problems, gun violence being one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Oh well, this thread was last read 06.06.2017. Yeah, it is surely great to add new stuff to a permently necroed topic.

Oh well, nevermind. I am just upset that my news thread got closed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...united-states/

America, please answer my question why your government focuses on "islamist terrorism" while your own gun laws produce that many dead children every year, infact a thousand times more victims than any terrorism was able to in the past in america?

America, please answer my question why you got a lobbyist organization called NRA who is not willing to change anything about that and instead even would like to give children even more guns?

Whats wrong with you, when it is about guns and priorities, america?
    Like I have said before, to the modern day gun manufacturer and their lobbying groups, these children, adults, and their families affected by firearm violence are considered a small blood sacrifice to their perverse worship of one of the most egregious misinterpretations of the second amendment in the history of the US. You can see the unscrupulous proliferation of firearm production and marketing based upon fear since the 70's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    At being the best/most powerful nation on face of planet? Ok.
    We are all very impressed with your gun homicide rate.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    These numbers are as large as they are due to gang-banging and suicidal teens.

In this country, years ago, before liberals FUBAR'd it, it was very common for children to handle and train in the use of firearms. Societal degeneracy is the cause of almost all of this country's problems, gun violence being one.
    Not only that, but some will fail to mention this part of the subject on gun deaths and children...

Nonetheless, as alarming as the statistics may seem, firearms still remain a relatively low cause of injuries and death among American youth overall. In fact, according to the National Institute of Health, firearms aren’t even in the top five causes of pediatric injuries.

Motor vehicle accidents are still the leading cause of both injuries and deaths in children, with more than 3,000 kids visiting the emergency room every single day as a result of car accidents. Suffocation, including choking, are statistically speaking more likely to injure a small child than firearms, and drowning is the most common cause of death in children ages one to four. Children 18 years old and younger are seven times more likely to visit the emergency room due to medication overdose than firearm injuries. This excludes self-harm, abuse and recreational drug use. And burns are the fifth leading cause of injuries in children, sending about 300 children under the age of 19 to the emergency room each day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not only that, but some will fail to mention this part of the subject on gun deaths and children...

Nonetheless, as alarming as the statistics may seem, firearms still remain a relatively low cause of injuries and death among American youth overall. In fact, according to the National Institute of Health, firearms aren’t even in the top five causes of pediatric injuries.

Motor vehicle accidents are still the leading cause of both injuries and deaths in children, with more than 3,000 kids visiting the emergency room every single day as a result of car accidents. Suffocation, including choking, are statistically speaking more likely to injure a small child than firearms, and drowning is the most common cause of death in children ages one to four. Children 18 years old and younger are seven times more likely to visit the emergency room due to medication overdose than firearm injuries. This excludes self-harm, abuse and recreational drug use. And burns are the fifth leading cause of injuries in children, sending about 300 children under the age of 19 to the emergency room each day.
    Only an American would try and marginalize the impact of gun homicide by pointing out they have an even bigger problem with burning and drowning their own kids.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Only an American would try and marginalize the impact of gun homicide by pointing out they have an even bigger problem with burning and drowning their own kids.
    It's called putting things in perspective. Especially important when discussing a constitutional right.

This piece of propaganda keeps showing up on my FB news feed, trying to garner the impression that little kids killing themselves or others is an epidemic, but when you look at the numbers, you'll see that's bullshit. Gun control advocates are always deceptive little bastards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    It's called putting things in perspective. Especially important when discussing a constitutional right.

This piece of propaganda keeps showing up on my FB news feed, trying to garner the impression that little kids killing themselves or others is an epidemic, but when you look at the numbers, you'll see that's bullshit. Gun control advocates are always deceptive little bastards.
    And if they do not have that right, their opinion does not mean jack shit as far as our right in the US to exercise it.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    We are all very impressed with your gun homicide rate.
    Good. You'll apparently have plenty of time to mull it over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Good. You'll apparently have plenty of time to mull it over.
    Lol! Good one. You are wittier than I am. ( Did I even use the right word? lol )

It's all those Canadian assault rifles, that's the problem!

- - - Updated - - -

Further proof, Canadians just broke the sniper record. I thought they had the old record too, but guess the brit beat them in 2009.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...D=ansmsnnews11

1: Canadian sniper in Iraq (2017): 3,450 meters.

2: British sniper Craig Harrison in Afghanistan (2009): 2,475 meters

3: Canadian sniper Rob Furlong in Afghanistan (2002): 2,430 meters

4: Canadian sniper Arron Perry in Afghanistan (2002): 2,310 meters

5: U.S. sniper Bryan Kremer in Iraq (2004): 2,300 meters
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's all those Canadian assault rifles, that's the problem!

- - - Updated - - -

Further proof, Canadians just broke the sniper record. I thought they had the old record too, but guess the brit beat them in 2009.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...D=ansmsnnews11

1: Canadian sniper in Iraq (2017): 3,450 meters.

2: British sniper Craig Harrison in Afghanistan (2009): 2,475 meters

3: Canadian sniper Rob Furlong in Afghanistan (2002): 2,430 meters

4: Canadian sniper Arron Perry in Afghanistan (2002): 2,310 meters

5: U.S. sniper Bryan Kremer in Iraq (2004): 2,300 meters
    Lol! They better ban Canadian Sniper Spotters too. The shooter owns a great deal of their skill to the information the spotter gives him. And the shot was made by a .50 cal rifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems more and more schools are starting to train and allow school teachers to carry a firearm while in the class room. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/28...g-classes.html

It is good to note from this article, they are required to go thru a 26 hour training course, spanning 3 days. The Buckeye Firearms Association is very much involved in this program.

And I am glad I live in a pro Second Amendment state. Which also understand the need and value of good training requirements.

Part of the article.

Hundreds of school teachers in Ohio, Colorado and elsewhere have been trained by an organization called Faculty/Administrator Safety Training and Emergency Response (FASTER). The group, operated by Ohio-based Buckeye Firearms Association, conducts a program that was created along with concerned parents, law officers and safety experts, according to a description of the group on its website.

The program provides 26 hours of hands-on training over three days and exceeds the requirements of the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy, according to FASTER officials. It entails practice scenarios in which the armed protector must find and subdue the threat as students flee a classroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judge blocks California's high-capacity magazine ban

A federal judge on Thursday blocked a California law set to take effect Saturday that would have barred gun owners from possessing high-capacity ammunition magazines.

The judge ruled that the ban approved by the Legislature last year takes away gun owners' Second Amendment rights and amounts to the government taking people's private property without compensation.

California law has prohibited buying or selling the magazines since 2000, but until now allowed those who had them to keep them.

"If this injunction does not issue, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of otherwise law-abiding citizens will have an untenable choice: become an outlaw or dispossess one's self of lawfully acquired property," San Diego-based U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez wrote.

He issued a preliminary injunction blocking the law from taking effect while he considers the underlying lawsuit filed by the National Rifle Association-affiliated California Rifle & Pistol Association.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    finally got some range time with my 226 Legion in 9mm holy shit is that one fantastic gun damn thing is a tac driver

also sig had a sale a few weeks ago on mags snapped up a few 20 rounders fairly cheap
    SAO? My legion 226 SAO is the best gun I've ever fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how well this will hold up in the Supreme Court should it ever make it that far. They have ruled the states have the right to regulate firearm ownership as long as they do not out right ban their possession of otherwise legal to own by federal laws, firearms. I mean I see no logical reason for limiting the magazines to 10 rounds when they can be changed so fast. But I can also see the Supreme Court upholding California's right to limit them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not sure how well this will hold up in the Supreme Court should it ever make it that far. They have ruled the states have the right to regulate firearm ownership as long as they do not out right ban their possession of otherwise legal to own by federal laws, firearms. I mean I see no logical reason for limiting the magazines to 10 rounds when they can be changed so fast. But I can also see the Supreme Court upholding California's right to limit them.
    It's not specifically the right to limit them that's at issue right now. It's the fact that, having banned the acquisition of them 17 years ago, the state is now saying that it is banning possession of the ones that have been legally owned for the last 17+ years.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    SAO? My legion 226 SAO is the best gun I've ever fired.
    yeah the SAO i have a 229 elite dark and my legion just feels so much better
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It's not specifically the right to limit them that's at issue right now. It's the fact that, having banned the acquisition of them 17 years ago, the state is now saying that it is banning possession of the ones that have been legally owned for the last 17+ years.
    Yeah, I do understand that. Not sure it will make any difference however when it is argued before the Supreme Court. Such as Connecticut's law that all firearms need to be registered, owned by the citizens of their state. Such a law would pass the Supreme Court's views I think on how the states can regulate firearm ownership. It might make a difference a few years down the road when more Conservative Judges are appointed to the court however.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    yeah the SAO i have a 229 elite dark and my legion just feels so much better
    They are so damn good looking. Went out with my wife for a drive today and she ended up buying a P250 of carry. I kept looking at the P220 line wishing I could justify it.

Deleted
    Gun control is important, so please use two hands when firing your magnum!