Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    There are more ways to enrich a flat-character than just the tired "there was no other choice, I was doing the wrong thing for the right reasons!" They can't write well enough to pull it off, and they've tried falling back on it too much.
    Such as? Perhaps you would be so kind as to provide me with an example. I thought the purpose of clarifying the perceived villain's point of view was to dispel the notion of right and wrong reasons from limited perspectives.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Such as? Perhaps you would be so kind as to provide me with an example. I thought the purpose of clarifying the perceived villain's point of view was to dispel the notion of right and wrong reasons from limited perspectives.
    Expand on her motivations and goals, instead of a tragic backstory, or error in judgment? Unfortunately, Azshara, as-is, just isn't interested. A narcissistic woman who uses unnatural means to enhance her beauty, and influence others. Had, at one point, such an inflated sense of self-worth she felt entitled to Sargeras as a "partner," etc.

Azshara is what would happen were MRAs to satirize what they view as modern women. She's just not interesting anymore.

Give her motivations, or goals, and she might become barely-tolerable. But we don't need a sob story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    The portal isn't necessarily the size of a planet. The same way you can look up into our sky and cover the sun with the tip of your finger. Does that mean the tip of your finger is the size of the sun? Not really.
    Perhaps, some developer clarification on precisely what we're seeing and how much of Sargeras' power is infused within the keystone would help a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    However, I do agree maintaining a portal of this magnitude, even if not for its size but rather its distance, must require massive amounts of power and/or mana. We are talking about Illidan here, though, who is pretty damn OP at this stage in the game. I'd contend he's the most powerful NPC we have on our side right now.
    I'm not so sure. He was manhandled pretty soundly by Arthas at the throat of the world, and the Prince was merely a Death Knight then. I feel a lot of Illidan's seeming prowess is a result of his knowledge of the weaknesses of demons, largely ineffective against more conventional characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Expand on her motivations and goals, instead of a tragic backstory...
    Give her motivations, or goals, and she might become barely-tolerable. But we don't need a sob story.
    Ah, so you're advocating ambitious story progression; such as usurping Neptulon as the Lord of Water, stealing N'Zoth's power, becoming a Lord in the Void, or simply restablishing Kaldorei/Naga/Arcane Elf dominance of Azeroth then?
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2017-06-22 at 10:38 PM.
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    I'm not quote sure Argus is a black hole, but your point about gravity playing a major role in the closest real-world equivalent to portals is taken