Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Careful there, the workplace master may not like it and give him a taste of a whip. Him eating would amount to stealing time and thus money from work and we have laws in 'murica, buddy!
    LOL, i was reading your comment while eating a hot pocket at my desk (Im at work lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmagoriaX View Post
    LOL, i was reading your comment while eating a hot pocket at my desk (Im at work lol)
    Playin' with fire, aren't ya? That's at least 20 lashes if caught, because democracy something something.

Worker rights is what commies do, we ain't no commies here, tovarishj.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Only 21 states require breaks...

If this thread has done anything it's shown that many many many people need to learn what Americas labor laws actually are.
    Interesting. I know working for FedEx has taught me that if I don't take a break, I can get fired. =P Sorry, guess I'm used to ol' FedEx rules.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    That sounds pretty extreme for me and I consider myself rather hardcore
    Needed my 320 weapon dood.

Deleted
    Why do Americans cry about their work? They voted this. They hate on the left without even having this option anymore at their elections. This is what they want. Winner takes all. If you are average you lose, ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    IF you can't provide for your employees you shouldn't have business.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA​. Wait you were serious? No it should be withing my right to fire whom ever I wish, if I believe they're slacking, cause they should be thankful I'm paying them that puts food on their table and a roof over their head, they can sort the rest themselves, wait until you own a business and you'll understand how shitty some people naturally are, and learning how to deal with them appropriately without automatically having to fire them

- - - Updated - - -

Hey OP, To cope have some little snacks in your desk.. like nuts or something small like that.

I used to work in FL for a short time and they didnt have any rules like AZ and it was total hell.
    You mean total Paradise? Go make a business if you don't like where you're working. Meanwhile I'm sipping on pina coladas at work.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post

You mean total Paradise? Go make a business if you don't like where you're working. Meanwhile I'm sipping on pina coladas at work.
    uhh Grats? next time try to calm your tits.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait until you own a business and you'll understand how shitty some people naturally are, and learning how to deal with them appropriately without automatically having to fire them
    I've been in management in a number of businesses over the years. Shitty management attracts shitty workers. Every company that I've been with that treats people well, they have good employees. Employees often slack or misbehave largely because they aren't being properly challenged to used to their strengths. Or because they think they deserve it (or that you don't deserve their work).

There's a reason good companies do well, and are productive, because people are happy. If people aren't happy, it causes problems. Happiness is NOT based off purely money. It honestly just sounds like you hire poorly, or work conditions suck so people misbehave.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    uhh Grats? next time try to calm your tits.
    We would if employees didn't act like lil bitches

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Interesting. I know working for FedEx has taught me that if I don't take a break, I can get fired. =P Sorry, guess I'm used to ol' FedEx rules.

Thats kinda the thing too. While it isn't required, some/many still do give breaks and promote healthy working habits. It's just not required by law in more than half of the states.

- - - Updated - - -

We would if employees didn't act like lil bitches

If bosses didn't act like fucknuts..... You know it goes both ways.

It's that for good reason. Noone should dictate how I run my business, your break is while you're working, eat lunch while working. Slacking on work would be called a break in my book. You have to work hard to get where you.want to be, that's the way it should be.
    Rofl, I'm sure that works in some shit min wage job market. If any employer in my field tried that, they would have no talent left within a week.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I feel like the students would appreciate as much as you would short 5 or so minute breaks for bathroom/snacks/etc.

Like people have been saying use the epilepsy to your advantage as leverage. It's not just a request, it's a necessary accommodation. (even for something as stupidly obvious as "hey, I need to eat food or I'll die, as is typical in carbon-based lifeforms.")
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I feel like the students would appreciate as much as you would short 5 or so minute breaks for bathroom/snacks/etc.

Like people have been saying use the epilepsy to your advantage as leverage. It's not just a request, it's a necessary accommodation. (even for something as stupidly obvious as "hey, I need to eat food or I'll die, as is typical in carbon-based lifeforms.")
    Pretty sure he would have to disclose it in the first place. Might make him ineligible for the job and still cost him the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    This thread is cute.

I've worked 60-80 hour work weeks, 24-36 hour shifts, and only had 6 hours off between some shifts to travel home, eat, sleep and get up to do it all over again multiple days in a row. I work in the medical field, where sometimes people's lives are actually on the line. Welcome to modern medicine, where the people taking care of you are probably so sleep deprived/overworked that God knows what they could do in their beleaguered daze/stupor.

Not trying to belittle the OP's situation, just pointing out the amusement I get when reading threads like these.
    Heh, nothing personelle kid but I work 169 hours weeks putting glass under my nails in the Sahara with no food or water with only -1 hours to sleep and travel. I'm not trying to belittle you but I work in the nuclear ninja field and I think posts like these are cute.

Deleted
    Don't you have laws that regulate this kind of thing like we do in the rest of the civilized world?

And this is why America need Unions, and not shitty wages that forces people into slavery salaries.

Glad again to live in Denmark.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And this is why America need Unions, and not shitty wages that forces people into slavery salaries.

Don't you have a town called Middlefart?

File a complaint with OSHA I believe it is because that is illegal. They are required by law to give you a break if you work more then 4 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Check your countries laws on this, its not legal in a lot of places in the western world.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

Now if only we could get the rest of the people that think Unions are great to leave it would be a dream come true.