Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I mean, I live in Indiana. The parts that I have to go through to get to you (To be fair on my side it isn't much better) are the bad parts. Why would I lie?
    You said half the city. You tell me why you lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    You said half the city. You tell me why you lie.
    Hyperbole and Exaggeration are staples of modern culture boi.

If you're going to make a bold claim such as labeling half the city a warzone, you may want to back that up with evidence and not figurative language.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also completely undermines your credibility when it's all you use, especially as it relates to Chicago.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Wisconsin gets Chicago, I think we should rename the city "South Milwaukee."

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Chicago=Liberul=bad. That is all they know.
    What would you do??? The Wisconsin Bears?? Doubt you could cheer for that team.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Or... you know, fix the states finances and get the ship running again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather Indiana have Chicago rather than Wisconsin. Milwaukee tends to bring down the whole state (along with Madison)... so adding Chicago to Wisconsin would be a bad thing for the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    As an Illinoisan:

Fuck off.

Try to find a less biased article next time. The article doesn't even mention the joke that is Bruce Rauner and how he's refusing and blocking everything the general assembly wants to do. He's a horribly anti-union asshole and is effectively trying to Donald Trump Illinois.

This circle jerk about Madigan is basically the state-version of Trump's retarded Deep State conspiracy bullshit. Oh dang he's a leader on the other side who won't let you do whatever you want? DAMN HE'S A MOB BOSS!
    How is he working out for yah

- - - Updated - - -

What even is a 'union monopoly?' That sounds like a buzz phrase anti-union people came up with.

Also, no, Detroit didn't become the way it did because of unions. The automotive industry collapsed.
    The auto industry collapsed because of unions forcing ridiculous high wages...
    You're a towel.

How is he working out for yah
    He's trying to fuck over education, mental health in insurance policies, and all but stopped the rebuilding of our roads and infrastructure here, at least on a state level.

The auto industry collapsed because of unions forcing ridiculous high wages...
    No, no it didn't lol. Try a bit harder other than scapegoating the entire industry failing because of unions. There were plenty of issues, and unions weren't anywhere close to the top or even middle of the list. A big part of it was how insanely high gas prices became and people stopped buying SUVs. Then the financial crisis hit (Dang those unions destroyed the entire economy too!). And it began snowballing.

None of the issues that led to the collapse had anything to do with unions. But that didn't stop intellectually bankrupt ideologues from abusing it to blame unions. Like you're doing here
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-23 at 02:19 AM.

I prefer:

Make Americas Lakes Great Again!

He's trying to fuck over education, mental health in insurance policies, and all but stopped the rebuilding of our roads and infrastructure here, at least on a state level.
    This is why Illinois can't gets its problems resolved. Every time a rational politician tries to cut spending because there's not enough money to go around, they're portrayed as hating various groups.

What's your proposal to fix the problem of money out > money in? Just tax people more so they leave the state?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Either you are lying or you haven't been to Chicago. Because half the city is not a warzone.
    What about the other half?

This is why Illinois can't gets its problems resolved. Every time a rational politician tries to cut spending because there's not enough money to go around, they're portrayed as hating various groups.
    Yeah we all know there is absolutely no other way to raise money.

Its also nice that the only groups that tend to always get cut are healthcare initiatives for the poor or working class (Or mentally ill), social programs, and infrastructure. Surely there are absolutely no other places to cut funds. My favorite part is how people who constantly are trying to fuck over the poor then act like a victim when rightly called out on it.

When you start being honest about the actual ways to curb costs, get back to me. Otherwise you're just spouting conservative rhetoric.

Umm.. hell no.. I don't want to be a part of Wisconsin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    San Andreas disagrees
    well, im not voting for Mr. Andreas, thats for sure.

anywho, i find it funny that illinois wont even be able to sell powerball tickets soon if they dont pass a budget. lol
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-06-23 at 03:28 AM.

this sounds juuust as likely yo happen as CA being split up, but do keep dreaming on. your disappointment sustains me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I prefer:

Make Americas Lakes Great Again!
    you just flooded out my whole family, bro! but i kind of like it, carry on

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Illinois isn't going to be dissolved lol. And although it's a clearly conservative attempt at a tongue-in-cheek stab, it does backfire against the right in a couple of important ways.

First and most importantly, it points out the state budget problems that many states face, including but definitely not just Illinois. This is a critical point because Trump's administration on AHCA primarily and a number of other areas of spending is looking for pay for things that they want (such as tax cuts for the wealthy) by saying they are saving money by shifting the bill to the states and making them pay more. The problem being that it's a ridiculous strategy because it doesn't magically create more money for the states to pay for costs shifting away from the federal government, all it's doing it playing hot potato with the costs. Worse yet, states don't even have the money to pay for it. But McConnell & Ryan figure by the time the public realizes all of this, they'll blame their state governments who can't pay, not the federal government.

And the second point is that whenever you see conservatives try to make a point, it's usually like the OP article that uses an extreme sarcastic or comedic approach because it helps cover up the weakness in their argument. Present some real facts, not just weak vague exaggerated generalities like bringing up deplorables, or MAGA, or "fake news". Or like in the OP's article, talking about dissolving the 5th most populous state in the country with the 3rd largest city lol.

And btw, *31* of the 50 states are running a budget deficit, including some very "red" states like Texas, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Iowa, Alabama, Nebraska, and Oklahoma (and many others). That's actual factual data. You'd about have to dissolve the whole country if we are going to dissolve states with a budget deficit. Never going to happen. The federal government needs to be helping out the states, not shifting costs to them when they are already in deficit and then using that "savings" for tax cuts for insurance companies and the 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Being from Illiinois, the place is a shitshow for as long as I can remember.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...ns-of-all-time

I mean shit thats proabably the tip of the iceberg. Those are just the ones that got caught.
    That's some grade A crooks you've got right there, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.