15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Waiting for Titan Vista.
    Titan ME!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Titan ME!
    They could call their graphics cards that support multiple users on different workstations Titan NT

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *rubs forehead*

ow...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And then they keep calling their flagship card the "Titan X"
    Zing!

Y'know, if they did that, then the name would be somewhat standardized. Instead of coming up with cheeky names like Titan XP (before Nvidia adopted it), we could just say TX2016, TX2017, etc. That'd work up - at least up until they decide FU and release two Titan Xs in one year. :P

Oh, @Remilia, Titan Vista got a laugh out of me.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Tropical Storm Cindy hit me this early morning. A lot of wind and high tide, and not that much else. The wind woke me up early this morning, was pretty hard at like 40 mph. It hit land fall just south of where I live.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    So Tropical Storm Cindy hit me this early morning. A lot of wind and high tide, and not that much else. The wind woke me up early this morning, was pretty hard at like 40 mph. It hit land fall just south of where I live.
    I've experienced a 40 mph and it doesn't seem all that hard.

You sure it was 40? I imagine a tropical storm is a bit more different with consistent 40 mph over many hours as opposed to minutes or gusts.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've experienced a 40 mph and it doesn't seem all that hard.

You sure it was 40? I imagine a tropical storm is a bit more different with consistent 40 mph over many hours as opposed to minutes or gusts.
    Well the wind speed was like 38 mph, the wind was like 28. It isn't too bad, but not ideal, really weak structures will collapse. For instance like my already rotten dock did....I was more scared about a tornado coming and hitting my house tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Apparently I work at a chuck-e-cheez.
    Yeah? What arcades do they have, then? :P

You sound so nonchalant about it. I have a hard time imagining being able to sleep knowing that a Tropical Storm was bearing down in my direction and landfall was imminent.

Then again, I grew up with snow and don't think it's such a big deal - whereas here we get a dusting and everyone freaks out. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Santa Ana wind here sometimes we get small trees knocked over. Had one drop in the middle of the road here, fun maneuvering out the gas station.

Also my video card finally decided that underclock normal volt goes artifact wild now... so had to get a replacement, basically a 1080/1050 2GB or a 560 4GB / 550 2GB. So went with the 560...
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-06-23 at 06:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    You sound so nonchalant about it. I have a hard time imagining being able to sleep knowing that a Tropical Storm was bearing down in my direction and landfall was imminent.

Then again, I grew up with snow and don't think it's such a big deal - whereas here we get a dusting and everyone freaks out. :P
    Well the thing is, I have been through two hurricanes that have pretty much totaled my house. I have been through many tropical storms and category 1 hurricanes and it is nothing, I have seen the worst, and once you have been through that these small storms are nothing. I have been gas price gouged when we tried to evacuate(which they now made illegal). I have had to gone through my house, which was 5 feet under water with all my shit destroyed, trying to pick out the things that I could salvage. I had a telephone pole through my room, with 4 inches of mud inside my house. I have seen homes toppled, utterly destroyed. I have had to live in a small apartment with way too many people which I hated for a month waiting for the water to rescind, lived in someone else's home because mine was damage by water, or then lived in a small camper. I have photos of people using boats to get to what was once land to get to my house and others to even see what kind of damage was dealt. I wasn't in the best mood during those times. Now that my house is like 13 feet in the air, I am not worried about flooding that much.

But it did harden me, and taught me how to vary how bad how much a tropical storm or hurricane will be. For example, for a small tropical storm that hits you straight on(in the cone/landfall) you will most likely not get a lot of rain, but a good amount of wind and will bring a high tide. Most of the rain ends up on the right side of it. And even though a hurricane has stronger winds(or higher category) than another does not mean it will deal damage, for example one could bring a lot more water than another(judging Ike vs Rita). I kind of see the categorization system somewhat flawed because of this, as they are only based on the amount of wind they have, and not the water that they bring.

And if you have read through all this, thanks. Oh and I have totally pissed in the winds of a hurricane before, was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the thing is, I have been through two hurricanes that have pretty much totaled my house. I have been through many tropical storms and category 1 hurricanes and it is nothing, I have seen the worst, and once you have been through that these small storms are nothing. I have been gas price gouged when we tried to evacuate(which they now made illegal). I have had to gone through my house, which was 5 feet under water with all my shit destroyed, trying to pick out the things that I could salvage. I had a telephone pole through my room, with 4 inches of mud inside my house. I have seen homes toppled, utterly destroyed. I have had to live in a small apartment with way too many people which I hated for a month waiting for the water to rescind, lived in someone else's home because mine was damage by water, or then lived in a small camper. I have photos of people using boats to get to what was once land to get to my house and others to even see what kind of damage was dealt. I wasn't in the best mood during those times. Now that my house is like 13 feet in the air, I am not worried about flooding that much.

But it did harden me, and taught me how to vary how bad how much a tropical storm or hurricane will be. For example, for a small tropical storm that hits you straight on(in the cone/landfall) you will most likely not get a lot of rain, but a good amount of wind and will bring a high tide. Most of the rain ends up on the right side of it. And even though a hurricane has stronger winds(or higher category) than another does not mean it will deal damage, for example one could bring a lot more water than another(judging Ike vs Rita). I kind of see the categorization system somewhat flawed because of this, as they are only based on the amount of wind they have, and not the water that they bring.

And if you have read through all this, thanks. Oh and I have totally pissed in the winds of a hurricane before, was awesome.
    <3 If you ever want to move to Illinois, I'll get your first pizza and drinks on the house. :P

Or even just visit.

That's just brutal. Glad you're still with us man!
    "A flower.

Well the thing is, I have been through two hurricanes that have pretty much totaled my house. I have been through many tropical storms and category 1 hurricanes and it is nothing, I have seen the worst, and once you have been through that these small storms are nothing.
    I was wondering if this was the case. I can't imagine thinking a Tropical Storm is nothing, but after reading what you've already experienced (holy crap), I can see why it would be to you. You've certainly seen some shit.
    I would be worried about blow back. :P

In Seattle 110°F was 'check in on old people' hot, but in Phoenix that would be a nice night to get the boys out and play some football before it warmed up.
    IYou optimize for the local normals and anything outside of that is a problem.
    To be fair, in Phoenix, I suspect that AC is just a given, whereas in Seattle it's not uncommon for houses to not have AC. So you're absolutely correct about local norms. It's just eye opening when you move between places with different norms.

Oh, and @evn, don't be one of "those people" who quote without attributing it to a user / post. It's one of the maddening habit some people have here and it's really annoying having to go back and figure out who said what. (The other, thankfully rarer, is people top posting. Replies go under the quotes, dangit!)

I had sandals melt off my feet while walking across a parking lot, my trash bin melted (I thought buying a plastic one would mean it would get less hot and I wouldn't get burned taking out the trash: turns out the whole thing just melts away), and the plastic blinds on my window softened so much that they couldn't keep the sun out so I had to switch back to curtains.
    Holy hell!

Post attribution should be a solved problem by now, the site is broken IMO!

I'll try to keep it in mind, but this issue is one of the things that mailing lists and usenet had solved and these stupid web-based-forums have fucked it all up. It's amazing to me how hard we're working to re-create technology from the 80s that's shittier is so many ways.

I'm not just pissed off that I get about 3 hours of battery life on my 2017 Macbook Pro when I'm actually doing my job with it, honestly!
    Bah, just takes an extra few seconds to copy & paste some extra tags in the post compose page. :P Honestly, the slickest reply system I have ever used was from Discourse (not Discord, completely different!). I wouldn't really want that here, though, because then I'd probably need to enable Javascript...

Not counting the ordinary consoles or VR room, this is the stuff I noticed when I was in today.

Pinball
    • Johnny Mnemonic
    • Kiss
    • Terminator

Arcade
    • Street Fighter Ultra
    • Tekken
    • Ninja Turtles (I think, they're converting it from CRT to LCD and it was off)
    • Dance Dance Revolution

There may be one or two tucked away in a corner that I don't know about (I've heard stories of a Tetris but never found it).
    Are we talking about this TMNT Arcade? Man, I remember playing that when I was a kid, along with Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat.

There is an arcade not too far from where I live, I should really check it out one of these days...

10+ Year Old Account
    My cousin is in Arizona atm, haha hes going to melt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    My cousin is in Arizona atm, haha hes going to melt.
    My longest-term WoW friend lives in Arizona. XD She's been complaining... a lot. Her house is 90 degrees F during the day. =|
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2017-06-27 at 01:42 PM.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    After designing an ISA, and implementing it into a simple integer only microcontroller in VHDL this semester. Seeing a fibonacci sequence written in pure machine code, in a ISA you designed, in a processor that you also designed was kind of satisfying. FPGAs are pure fun and I've been thinking into trying to design a relatively simple RISC-V processor core as my final electrical engineering thesis.

My other idea was to make a hardware implementation of a HEVC (H.265) decoder. Not really sure if there are any open implementations, but there are a bunch of IP cores available.

Both would probably require me to spend a lot of time doing them, which is a negative. But I think those were the best ideas I've had in a while =p

10+ Year Old Account

Technically a joke, so off topic, posting this here. This guy's laugh. Can any of you translate what the actual conversation is about?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locally my birthday starts in a half hour. Of course got my MMO-champ bday wish like 6 hours ago, thanks mmo-champ website robot.

Anyways, I hate my life and my birthday.

How are you all? Like that guy's laugh?^^
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Locally my birthday starts in a half hour. Of course got my MMO-champ bday wish like 6 hours ago, thanks mmo-champ website robot.

Happy birthday! Your time on mmo-champion must be not your time zone. Most likely gmt.

I am going to have to look at it later.

I got a summer part time job back that I do, helping an old lady do her computer/tv work and gardening. She pays much better than the library I work at, so it is pretty worth it. Also she pays in cash, so it doesn't really take out of taxes. ^.^

Happy Birthday