Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    THis was with a TAC-50 (C15 LRSW the Canadian Armed Forces designation) which is a .50 cal rifle.
    Yeah, Craig Harrison(2,475 m) is the only one on this list that used a .338 Lapua, while the other gents had their Trusty .50 BMGs
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2017-06-22 at 10:20 PM.

Nearly one KM jump from the last record, its a pretty big jump lol. But yeah Canadian special forces are usually very respected by other allies by shear professionalism even if people make fun of the small military. At least when it comes to the soldiers themselves, that money is put to good use. As much as you get arm chair soldiers making fun of the canadian military from the US or UK. Ask any actual military personal from the US or the UK what they really think of Canadian forces and most of them will say they are some of the better people you can have on the field with you.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-06-22 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Amazing feat. It is not only a testament of the shooter's skill, but the spotter's. To calculate all the variables in that long of a range is incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

I like what Gary Player ( Champion pro golfer ) once said when asked about luck in golf, " I find the more I practice, the luckier I get."
    With shooting, theres not much luck involved. It requires consistency, controlling your anxiety, and knowing your weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    THis was with a TAC-50 (C15 LRSW the Canadian Armed Forces designation) which is a .50 cal rifle.
    I said most, not all. It is a lighter recoil, lighter rifle, and more accurate within normal range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Yeah, Craig Harrison(2,475 m) is the only one on this list that used a .338 Lapua, while the other gents had their Trusty .50 BMGs
    They also mostly made their shots before the widespread adoption of the .338.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    With shooting, theres not much luck involved. It requires consistency, controlling your anxiety, and knowing your weapon.
    well maybe it's not really luck, but there are a bunch of random factors and a bunch of factors you cant perfectly predict that go into shots on this distance that skill can only compensate for to a certain degree.

These guys are probably thinking "the bullet will hit within x inches of where i'm aiming" rather then "i'll hit it right there" for this kind of shots.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might not be the best funded military, but it's still more accurate than American troops

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Wind speed, distance and firing arc are more important. You'd probably want to do Pythagorean theory in order to make a shot like that.

Is Canada having forces in Iraq now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Might not be the best funded military, but it's still more accurate than American troops

- - - Updated - - -

Wind speed, distance and firing arc are more important. You'd probably want to do Pythagorean theory in order to make a shot like that.
    Of course, im speaking of the basics.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the range increase is impressive, I still find the current #2 to be a more impressive feat. His was 2 kills with 2 consecutive shots at that distance, considerably reduces the likelihood that luck was a factor in his shots.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-06-23 at 01:06 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's like 2 miles away!
    honestly, the US one should be shown in yards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    hey buddy, dont even be joking about that! ok pal?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    honestly, the US one should be shown in yards

- - - Updated - - -

hey buddy, dont even be joking about that! ok pal?
    I'm not your buddy, guy!

But seriously, our results speak for themselves when it comes to our military. Just remember which countries troops were storming the beaches at Normandy and Versailles and were the catalysts of so many victories against the Germans on the front lines of both world wars. We may not possess the technology of the USA, but we have always had great military minds in our armed forces that allow us to be effective.

10 seconds to reach target... so pretty good provided the target is sitting in a chair and doesn't get up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    10 seconds to reach target... so pretty good provided the target is sitting in a chair and doesn't get up.
    Or a toilet.

Or behind a goat/sheep.

Pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    You're really gonna redirect a topic about a Canadian military sniper taking out an ISIS fighter and make it about the plight of the modern western male?
    This thread is product of Western culture, that is, bragging about kills. I am not sure about Greeks but this comes disgusting to some. Whether it's an ISIS fighter (which probably deserved it), or some innocent man/woman is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This thread is product of Western culture, that is, bragging about kills. I am not sure about Greeks but this comes disgusting to some. Whether it's an ISIS fighter (which probably deserved it), or some innocent man/woman is irrelevant.
    I definitely agree that bragging about killing non-Westerners is an ugly part of their culture. I can see how that bothers folks. I was raised not to take joy in the death of someone else, even an enemy. I was more commenting on him taking the thread in a MRA/red pill direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This thread is product of Western culture, that is, bragging about kills.
    Hey, don't lump us all in with Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hey, don't lump us all in with Americans.
    Says the guy who claims to have laughed when 9/11 happened in the US.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Says the guy who claims to have laughed when 9/11 happened in the US.
    Go back and watch it. 9/11 is genuinely entertaining.

infracted -trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-26 at 01:39 AM.

I think America was at the top